Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Mis-badging?

+13
pony74055
fst06stg
DEEZ-67
Tims2002gt
coolhandluke
carcrazy53
ARMORINE
Oldokie
kensington
Leonard 95
MrClark
1 fast 8
OSUALUM78
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anybody hate mis-badging?

Mis-badging? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Mis-badging? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Mis-badging? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
Mis-badging? - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Mis-badging? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 24

Mis-badging? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mis-badging?

Post by coolhandluke 3/5/2009, 4:00 pm

05SatinGT wrote:I think that it is kind of selfish to think that someone cant make a car look like an expensive car if it is done right.

Well said Justin. I've went to alot of time and effort finding aftermarket and custom made pieces to go with my '67 GT 350 tribute theme. It's not a current production car so it's not a rip off of any current models, but it certainly isn't as advertised by the emblems graphics etc...

All in all, I'm still proud of it and think it looks great (except for the current stock ride height) even if some people might think its a fake bastard of a stang.

Mis-badging? - Page 2 Fairgrounds023-1

Mis-badging? - Page 2 Fairgrounds050edited4-1

Mis-badging? - Page 2 Fairgrounds002-1

There will always be those who will live and die by keeping a car stock (mostly upgraded models) thinking that it will be a collector's item someday. IMO you're losing out on the fun that you could be having with the car now in the hopes that you'll still have the car 30 years from now (probably not) and it will be and investment (probably not for most).

Last edited by coolhandluke on 3/5/2009, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 146
Car Type : 2006 Mustang GT
First Name : Lucas
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2009, 4:02 pm

Leonard 95 wrote:Yea, don't matter to me, your money, spend it how you want. It you want a foush, go make one, you want a fobra, go make one, I could give 2 shits.

Well said.. If you have the money and want it buy it.....if you dont have the money or dont want to spend that kind of money then make a fake that looks awesome. David..you know what you have and you know its real so thats all that matters. The fakes may get ragged on but all in fun and the ones with real ones dont but all is well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2009, 4:03 pm

I love the ride Lucas. Make it your own or make it like someone elses as long as "YOU" love it and are happy with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by coolhandluke 3/5/2009, 4:11 pm

05SatinGT wrote:I love the ride Lucas. Make it your own or make it like someone elses as long as "YOU" love it and are happy with it.

Thanks Justin. I really appreciate that. cheers
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUALUM78 3/5/2009, 4:20 pm

coolhandluke wrote:This thread was aimed at me...wasn't it Zack? Moon

Nope. Not aimed at anyone here or there. Not intended to insult anyone either.

Just a thread to get people's gears grinding instead of the usual blabber of: black is faster than red, or that the usual thread of posting almost nakid chicks from the web, etc. A thread for people to voice their opinions on something Mustang (or car) related that maybe new to this forum thumbsup
OSUALUM78
OSUALUM78
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 565
Car Type : 2003 Mustang Cobra
First Name : now featuring a hEaton
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by coolhandluke 3/5/2009, 4:24 pm

OSUALUM78 wrote:...or that the usual thread of posting almost nakid chicks from the web

Where??? I must have missed those! totalcrap
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUALUM78 3/5/2009, 4:26 pm

Oldokie wrote:Personally, I don't think I have ever altered the cosmetics of any car I have owned. I have messed with performance parts. I'm not particularly fond of the GT 500 wheels, but I don't think that I would change them unless there was some advantage to do so (like taller or wider tires etc.).

what about lower weight wheels?

less rotational mass = better performance, i.e. more perceived rwhp/rwt, better braking, and better handling

just a thought.

I'm gunna try to get some lower weight wheels. Hopefully not some Steeda's either (not fond of their designs). Problem is, to get on a brand that is not common Like Steeda's or MM's, most are one-piece forged which = pricey
OSUALUM78
OSUALUM78
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2009, 4:26 pm

OSUALUM78 wrote:

Just a thread to get people's gears grinding instead of the usual blabber of: black is faster than red, or that the usual thread of posting almost nakid chicks from the web, etc. A thread for people to voice their opinions on something Mustang (or car) related that maybe new to this forum thumbsup

You raised the hair on the back of my neck and put my panties in a bunch!!!!!Nostrills were flareing too...and i cant forget when my butt puckerd, I still am stuck to my office chair. lol!

Thanks again Zack!!! Oh and again, i love the machs and love your avitar(looks mean as hell in that pic)

Last edited by 05SatinGT on 3/5/2009, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUALUM78 3/5/2009, 4:27 pm

coolhandluke wrote:
OSUALUM78 wrote:...or that the usual thread of posting almost nakid chicks from the web

not here, I don't think idunno

the machreg forums has a almost nakid chick thread
OSUALUM78
OSUALUM78
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUALUM78 3/5/2009, 4:29 pm

05SatinGT wrote:
OSUALUM78 wrote:

You raised the hair on the back of my neck and put my panties in a bunch!!!!!Nostrills were flareing too...and i cant for get when my butt puckerd, I still am stuck to my office chair. lol!

Thanks again Zack!!! Oh and again, i love the machs and love your avitar(looks mean as hell in that pic)

looks fuggin slow cause it is, and the driver drives her like a grandma beerdrink
OSUALUM78
OSUALUM78
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2009, 4:30 pm

OSUALUM78 wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:

We have lots of things you might want to see.(Saloon Forum) Just beware some are disturbing. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by coolhandluke 3/5/2009, 4:30 pm

OSUALUM78 wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:

blowup

Looks like I got rid of the Mach too soon...lol.

J/K...that's why it's much better around here. Much more adult (no pun intended) threads. Although I haven't ventured into the saloon yet.
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldokie 3/5/2009, 4:40 pm

OSUALUM78 wrote:
Oldokie wrote:Personally, I don't think I have ever altered the cosmetics of any car I have owned. I have messed with performance parts. I'm not particularly fond of the GT 500 wheels, but I don't think that I would change them unless there was some advantage to do so (like taller or wider tires etc.).

less rotational mass = better performance, i.e. more perceived rwhp/rwt, better braking, and better handling

just a thought.

I'm gunna try to get some lower weight wheels. Hopefully not some Steeda's either (not fond of their designs). Problem is, to get on a brand that is not common Like Steeda's or MM's, most are one-piece forged which = pricey

Yeah, I'd probably change wheels for that. The point is that I change things for performance, and that would help. I still love the way people cosmetically trick their cars out, it's just not my personal preference for me is all.
Oldokie
Oldokie
2010 Challenge Winner!
2010 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 2282
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500
First Name : Blair
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUALUM78 3/5/2009, 4:44 pm

05SatinGT wrote:We have lots of things you might want to see.(Saloon Forum) Just beware some are disturbing. lol!

Yeah I figured there was something in there to that effect. Haven't made it there yet. Somebody just gave me access today though, so watch out applause
OSUALUM78
OSUALUM78
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUALUM78 3/5/2009, 4:45 pm

Oldokie wrote:
OSUALUM78 wrote:

just a thought.

Yeah, I'd probably change wheels for that. The point is that I change things for performance, and that would help. I still love the way people cosmetically trick their cars out, it's just not my personal preference for me is all.

I hit the lotto, you best believe that I'll be calling up Fikse or Forgeline or HRE for wheels for the Ford GT (among the list of dream cars) I would get. As for right now, over $2k a wheel is out of my budget for low weight wheels
OSUALUM78
OSUALUM78
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldokie 3/5/2009, 4:55 pm

OSUALUM78 wrote:
Oldokie wrote:
OSUALUM78 wrote:

just a thought.

I hit the lotto, you best believe that I'll be calling up Fikse or Forgeline or HRE for wheels for the Ford GT (among the list of dream cars) I would get. As for right now, over $2k a wheel is out of my budget for low weight wheels

Yeah, I think my money would be better spent on a stage II tune and a suspension at the moment....
Oldokie
Oldokie
2010 Challenge Winner!
2010 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 2282
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500
First Name : Blair
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DEEZ-67 3/5/2009, 5:54 pm

I myself just finished putting a Shelby front end on my GT why bc I like the look of the Shelby front end. Now I'm not going to go put Cobra badges all over nor am I trying to pass it off as one. The fact is the Shelby front end gets better air flow and I find it better looking. call it wrong if you want but like some of the other have said. It's my money and my car car.
Mis-badging? - Page 2 DSC01037fix
Mis-badging? - Page 2 DSC01030fix
DEEZ-67
DEEZ-67
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 406
Car Type : 1967 Coupe / 05 GT
First Name : Dave
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 3/5/2009, 6:04 pm

i think as long as you dont try to pass a car for something its not, modding is what these cars were made for. now, if you were to buy a V6 and put in a GT grill, dual exhaust and GT badges, then proceed to call it a GT... youd be in the wrong.
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by coolhandluke 3/5/2009, 6:07 pm

DEEZ-67 wrote:I myself just finished putting a Shelby front end on my GT why bc I like the look of the Shelby front end. Now I'm not going to go put Cobra badges all over nor am I trying to pass it off as one. The fact is the Shelby front end gets better air flow and I find it better looking. call it wrong if you want but like some of the other have said. It's my money and my car car.

DEEZ...I wanna see some nice wide black wheels on that car. With that dark tint and blacked out grille they would look drool .

Good job.
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/5/2009, 6:09 pm

fst06stg wrote:i think as long as you dont try to pass a car for something its not, modding is what these cars were made for. now, if you were to buy a V6 and put in a GT grill, dual exhaust and GT badges, then proceed to call it a GT... youd be in the wrong.

Hey thats what i did....So what are you saying? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by DEEZ-67 3/5/2009, 6:13 pm

coolhandluke wrote:
DEEZ-67 wrote:I myself just finished putting a Shelby front end on my GT why bc I like the look of the Shelby front end. Now I'm not going to go put Cobra badges all over nor am I trying to pass it off as one. The fact is the Shelby front end gets better air flow and I find it better looking. call it wrong if you want but like some of the other have said. It's my money and my car car.

DEEZ...I wanna see some nice wide black wheels on that car. With that dark tint and blacked out grille they would look drool .

Good job.

lol... you just send me that check and I'll get right on that.

I'm kind of done with the black wheel thing everthing in town has black wheels. But she does need something bigger. I'll be getting the windows retented very soon and I'm thinking about darking the head lights. Thanks for you input man.

D
DEEZ-67
DEEZ-67
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 406
Car Type : 1967 Coupe / 05 GT
First Name : Dave
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 3/5/2009, 7:09 pm

05SatinGT wrote:
fst06stg wrote:i think as long as you dont try to pass a car for something its not, modding is what these cars were made for. now, if you were to buy a V6 and put in a GT grill, dual exhaust and GT badges, then proceed to call it a GT... youd be in the wrong.

Hey thats what i did....So what are you saying? lol!

oh yea! bullshit
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by coolhandluke 3/5/2009, 7:48 pm

DEEZ-67 wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:

Good job.

lol... you just send me that check and I'll get right on that.

You're the one with two stangs...moneybags. lol!
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/6/2009, 12:01 am

Now I understand the V6 to GT thing...power lever is completely a disparity. But what about my GT to ROUSH conversion MR! Poke

Back to top Go down

Post by MrClark 3/6/2009, 11:14 am

so justin having the cobra R wing on his non cobra R cobra. (<=== nice sentence by the way) was in the wrong because his car did not have the power or the ability of the real cobra R
MrClark
MrClark
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST

Number of posts : 1495
Car Type : 2005 jee tee
First Name : Kirby
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/6/2009, 11:29 am

MrClark wrote:so justin having the cobra R wing on his non cobra R cobra. (<=== nice sentence by the way) was in the wrong because his car did not have the power or the ability of the real cobra R

Yes Kirby, you are correct. In this instense I have a cobra R wing and cowl hood on a Rio Red 99 cobra(picture is on the last page of the gallery photshoped along time ago) and I would never beable to hold up to the name COBRA R. But people would know mine was a fake because i had a radio and Air conditioning and it had a GT Front bumber so i stepped down from a cobra as well. Kind of a make shift car.

Thank you for pointing that out. By the way, did you put a lift on your truck when you had it? Its not a MONSTER TRUCK so dont act like one.

Justin Poke Kirby

Kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by MrClark 3/6/2009, 11:34 am

05SatinGT wrote:
MrClark wrote:so justin having the cobra R wing on his non cobra R cobra. (<=== nice sentence by the way) was in the wrong because his car did not have the power or the ability of the real cobra R

Yes Kirby, you are correct. In this instense I have a cobra R wing and cowl hood on a Rio Red 99 cobra(picture is on the last page of the gallery photshoped along time ago) and I would never beable to hold up to the name COBRA R. But people would know mine was a fake because i had a radio and Air conditioning and it had a GT Front bumber so i stepped down from a cobra as well. Kind of a make shift car.

Thank you for pointing that out. By the way, did you put a lift on your truck when you had it? Its not a MONSTER TRUCK so dont act like one.

Justin Poke Kirby

Kinky

hell yeah I did.... and I would line up hot wheels and run em down..... I had to quit doing that though.... neighbors were gettin pissy and called the police..... police report showed excessive sidewalk driving...
MrClark
MrClark
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST

Number of posts : 1495
Car Type : 2005 jee tee
First Name : Kirby
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pony74055 3/6/2009, 12:23 pm

Grabber07' wrote:

Now I understand the V6 to GT thing...power lever is completely a disparity. But what about my GT to ROUSH conversion MR! Poke

So now you are attacking me? Just because you will not be able to keep up at Hallet don't feel too bad when my six cylinders of fury unload on you. If you are calling me out you better bring it.
samuri
pony74055
pony74055
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 589
Car Type : BMW 850i V-12 FTW
First Name : George
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/6/2009, 12:31 pm

pony74055 wrote:
Grabber07' wrote:

So now you are attacking me? Just because you will not be able to keep up at Hallet don't feel too bad when my six cylinders of fury unload on you. If you are calling me out you better bring it.
samuri

George, I didnt know yours was a V6... that supprises me. who whould of thunk it.. lol! good looking 6er

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/6/2009, 12:40 pm

pony74055 wrote:
Grabber07' wrote:

samuri

Moon

Edit: I thought you were calling me out George...I see it was another you were targeting. So I removed my post cheers

Last edited by Grabber07' on 3/6/2009, 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum