Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~

+16
SaleenStang
pony74055
ruger311
Metric7
1 fast 8
MustangFanatic07
MrClark
Oldokie
Dein
07Shelby500
03.sonicblue
Leonard 95
KevinGT
rford426
BMMC1
SVT03Chris
20 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty dyno

Post by black08GT 2/9/2009, 6:43 pm

I think Greg did a great job with the dyno day. It is hard to find people so dedicated to purchase equipment that cost so much money so people like us with racing passion can enjoy it. I think the dyno is real accurate from all of the mustang GT's and Shelby's that were dynoed at his other shop. All of them are consistent between the dyno hp and the dragstrip E.T.'s. And where elso can you dyno 23 cars including chevy's all in one day. Think about how many wheel swaps that would be somewhere else. That would be more like nascar pit lane in my opinion. If you guys would, check out the dyno dynamic brand dynos online and you will see that the straps hold the cars tires downward and run off of the front roller. Let's do some research before we go criticize to much. Greg and Steve have two shops and a combined 32 years working on fords and their transmissions. Let's be positive. By the way, Greg I am gonna call you, I want you to install those hot rod cams in my car. I loved the sound of those things.

black08GT
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 26
Car Type : 2008 Mustang GT
First Name : Amy
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~

Post by pony74055 2/9/2009, 6:45 pm

How about a Rum and Coke hold the Coke or Pepsi in case Yancy is reading and he gets on my butt next. lol!

No life is too short to worry about little stuff like this I agree. beerdrink
pony74055
pony74055
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 589
Car Type : BMW 850i V-12 FTW
First Name : George
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~ Information on Dyno Day this Saturday Feb. 7 ~

Post by fst06stg 2/9/2009, 6:48 pm

pony74055 wrote:How about a Rum and Coke hold the Coke or Pepsi in case Yancy is reading and he gets on my butt next. lol!

No life is too short to worry about little stuff like this I agree. beerdrink

George with the unspoken red brand: george slapping me

George with Pepsi: george cheers me
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 6:50 pm

pony74055 wrote:Hey guy's I do not want to throw gas on a fire but after talking to Doug @ Bamachips this morning and telling him what I saw and answering his questions um no. Greg has already pm'd me to offer a refund for not "being able to lock out 3rd" but Doug said that was a little suspisous he never has to do that and said that brand of dyno is ok but not really very good oh and we should have never jumped that far onto the roller but stayed between them. Ok so now having said this I will get chastized from Greg but hey the truth is the truth I am just saying. I understand that he is learning and that is why it was so cheap but he needs to not practice on other peoples cars. But he is a very nice guy and I think he means well so go ahead and get on me if you want.

I agree about the hopping on the front roller. I have never seen that. Its like it was not tied down tight enough. But as far as Greg is concerned he is a very intelligent guy that understands how things work and just needs some time to get it right. Glad to see he is refunding your money.( I knew he would) He is that kind of guy. I just hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the fireworks(02GT with NOS).
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 2/9/2009, 6:52 pm

Yeah, next time no fireworks please. That was a bit over the top.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pony74055 2/9/2009, 6:55 pm

black08GT wrote:I think Greg did a great job with the dyno day. It is hard to find people so dedicated to purchase equipment that cost so much money so people like us with racing passion can enjoy it. I think the dyno is real accurate from all of the mustang GT's and Shelby's that were dynoed at his other shop. All of them are consistent between the dyno hp and the dragstrip E.T.'s. And where elso can you dyno 23 cars including chevy's all in one day. Think about how many wheel swaps that would be somewhere else. That would be more like nascar pit lane in my opinion. If you guys would, check out the dyno dynamic brand dynos online and you will see that the straps hold the cars tires downward and run off of the front roller. Let's do some research before we go criticize to much. Greg and Steve have two shops and a combined 32 years working on fords and their transmissions. Let's be positive. By the way, Greg I am gonna call you, I want you to install those hot rod cams in my car. I loved the sound of those things.

I knew i would be misunderstood by some and thats ok. I am not trying to criticize anyone just relaying some info I got from another shop by someone I also trust. I do believe they did a great job and if they would use Diablo software I would seriously let them work on my car and truck. I was just personally put off by a wrong statement that you had to "lock out 3rd" that was factually wrong trust me I am wrong alot (did anyone listen to some of my guesses on some cars) but I will tell you hey I am wrong if I make a mistake and I make quite a few. I probably made one trying to explain this on the computer. But hey I am usually the Jarrod of a group you guy's just had one already. lol!
pony74055
pony74055
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 589
Car Type : BMW 850i V-12 FTW
First Name : George
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 7:13 pm

pony74055 wrote:
black08GT wrote:I think Greg did a great job with the dyno day. It is hard to find people so dedicated to purchase equipment that cost so much money so people like us with racing passion can enjoy it. I think the dyno is real accurate from all of the mustang GT's and Shelby's that were dynoed at his other shop. All of them are consistent between the dyno hp and the dragstrip E.T.'s. And where elso can you dyno 23 cars including chevy's all in one day. Think about how many wheel swaps that would be somewhere else. That would be more like nascar pit lane in my opinion. If you guys would, check out the dyno dynamic brand dynos online and you will see that the straps hold the cars tires downward and run off of the front roller. Let's do some research before we go criticize to much. Greg and Steve have two shops and a combined 32 years working on fords and their transmissions. Let's be positive. By the way, Greg I am gonna call you, I want you to install those hot rod cams in my car. I loved the sound of those things.

I knew i would be misunderstood by some and thats ok. I am not trying to criticize anyone just relaying some info I got from another shop by someone I also trust. I do believe they did a great job and if they would use Diablo software I would seriously let them work on my car and truck. I was just personally put off by a wrong statement that you had to "lock out 3rd" that was factually wrong trust me I am wrong alot (did anyone listen to some of my guesses on some cars) but I will tell you hey I am wrong if I make a mistake and I make quite a few. I probably made one trying to explain this on the computer. But hey I am usually the Jarrod of a group you guy's just had one already. lol!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 7:43 pm

I hate my life thud

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 2/9/2009, 7:50 pm

Grabber07' wrote:I hate my life thud

there are worse things you know...
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 7:51 pm

I need to talk to Greg about how much he can get superchargers for and what types. This is preplanning for when cassie finally allows me to play!!!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 7:57 pm

First off I am sorry for the A/F I have the sensors but not the adapter for the tailpipe, I called the guy thats set this up and explained that to him and see if they wanted to cancel. Now as for the rollers I was trained by dyno dynamics and that is the way they showed me how to use it, if you think about it the car should move on to the roller just like it would be sitting on a drum roller in the floor. The back roller just freewheels. As for the trans lock out you are wrong we as tuners do have the ability to lock it into 3rd on 4 speed autos and 4th on 5 speed autos. I will guarantee you couldn't keep your car from down shifting on the dyno and you know the car. REMEMBER I DID NOT BUY THIS THING FOR DYNO RACING IT IS A TOOL AND NOTHING MORE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 8:05 pm

Sweet. Yeah Greg I thought you did a good job. I think the 326 that ryan got is true. He secretly does have a 50 shot! lol. I think I seen him have a remote button to inject it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 8:08 pm

Joshua wrote:Sweet. Yeah Greg I thought you did a good job. I think the 326 that ryan got is true. He secretly does have a 50 shot! lol. I think I seen him have a remote button to inject it.

werd applause

Back to top Go down

Post by blk91cpe 2/9/2009, 8:29 pm

greg, do you actually put a load on the tires when on the dyno? how do you determine the load for the car? is there a load for autos and manuals?

i think people were concerned about their cars by watching some of the cars riding up higher on the front roller. especially the nitrous cars when it kicked in.

i do want to thank you for telling me that the rear end is leaking. i never noticed.

thanks again.
ken

blk91cpe
BMMC Newbie
BMMC Newbie

Number of posts : 15
Car Type : 1991 black coupe
First Name : ken
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/9/2009, 8:53 pm

Grabber07' wrote:I need to talk to Greg about how much he can get superchargers for and what types. This is preplanning for when cassie finally allows me to play!!!

lol!

Allows you, does she already have your balls in her purse? slapping
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 2/9/2009, 9:15 pm

Some of us don't pilfer from the tip jar at church.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ruger311 2/9/2009, 9:19 pm

greg, you busted your butt for us saturday, i appreciate all the hard work, even after the kaboom you kept your cool and got everyones car done, its been really cool to put the turbo car on different dynos to watch the numbers roll out between them all, wish it would have seen the 11# or so im used to, woulda killed the 600 mark easy,,,

oh well another day,,

ruger311
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 596
Car Type : 93 Notch
First Name : Steve
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/9/2009, 9:40 pm

03.sonicblue wrote:Some of us don't pilfer from the tip jar at church.

Hey now, thats a low blow, I can't help it that I have sticky fingers when donation basket comes around at church. Moon lol!
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 2/9/2009, 10:31 pm

Greg had his hands full that day. He was trying to get everyone in. Plus $35 is not bad for 3 pulls. No bad at all. I'm not saying anything just saying.

If you haven't already, I'm sure he'll address any needs or concerns if you call him.

Personally, my butt dyno is telling me I putting down over 1000hp. So, I'm sticking with those numbers. ;)
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/9/2009, 10:34 pm

2006GT wrote:

Personally, my butt dyno is telling me I putting down over 1000hp. So, I'm sticking with those numbers. ;)

Is that before or after Jarrod got his admin? evillaugh
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by ruger311 2/9/2009, 10:34 pm

2006GT wrote:Greg had his hands full that day. He was trying to get everyone in. Plus $35 is not bad for 3 pulls. No bad at all. I'm not saying anything just saying.

If you haven't already, I'm sure he'll address any needs or concerns if you call him.

haha i think everyone has one of em dynos, some are just bigger than others

ruger311
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 596
Car Type : 93 Notch
First Name : Steve
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 2/9/2009, 10:35 pm

After baby! MOJO INJECTED!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 2/9/2009, 10:36 pm

After baby! MOJO INJECTED!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/9/2009, 10:45 pm

2006GT wrote:After baby! MOJO INJECTED!

I am thinking your butt dyno is reading wrong if its after, the dyno might be a tad loose now. gay
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Dein 2/9/2009, 11:25 pm

Greg, I think you did a damn fine job! For $35... people that are whining about the dyno... (IMO... Should be suckin your pennys for $35!)

Unlike the rest of you, ungrateful heathens, I didn't get to run lonely .... My car is in the shop, fouled plugs, clogged cats.... and I will find out more tomorrow! I am sporting an SEL Edge, Greg... hook me up on a dyno... I think I'm getting around 130 fwhp?!?

We need to get another one setup soon!

Dein
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1582
Car Type : 2003 Cobra
First Name : Dein
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 11:30 pm

Nice dein. I agree man. 35 for 3 pulls is hard to find. I wish you could have ran.

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 2/9/2009, 11:40 pm

Wow Dein. Was it the bad gas?? Are they paying for it? Sucks dude?

How do you like the Edge? We have one and love it. We needed something to haul Scuba Gear around and she hates trucks, but love it.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rford426 2/10/2009, 1:22 am

Vangs Dyno Performance does 3 puls with afr for 30 bones all day long its a inground dyno as well
rford426
rford426
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 446
Car Type : 2005 Mustang GT
First Name : Ryan
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/10/2009, 1:53 am

ruger311 wrote:greg, you busted your butt for us saturday, i appreciate all the hard work, even after the kaboom you kept your cool and got everyones car done, its been really cool to put the turbo car on different dynos to watch the numbers roll out between them all, wish it would have seen the 11# or so im used to, woulda killed the 600 mark easy,,,

oh well another day,,

Steve your ride is a beast! Thats all im sayin worthy

Also lets get an introduction. Post up a little about yourself and your ride in the introduction section.

Your ride is absolutely one is definitely not one to mess with.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 fast 8 2/10/2009, 3:25 am

GREG you are the man .I enjoyed seeing all the sweet rides .when you have that many ppl there im sure 1 or 2 might not be happy .i am not a rocket scientist (im sure some will agree)but it seems like you would show a few more hp if the back wheels were off less turning weight (especialy my rear wheels).but i guess you could get dyno somewhere else .you can leave a message ,get a call back in 2 or 3 weeks ,schedule to get in sometime in the summer ,actully get it in the shop for a 400.00 dyno in the fall ,dyno should be complete by winter,then if you want to upgrade something should be ready for shelby meet 2010. and by the way thanks greg i dont know how many ppl you and steve had there but i thought it was ran pretty well
1 fast 8
1 fast 8
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!

Number of posts : 1708
Car Type : 2008 gt
First Name : kelley
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next