Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
New to the Forum Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
New to the Forum Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
New to the Forum Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
New to the Forum Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
New to the Forum Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
New to the Forum Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
New to the Forum Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
New to the Forum Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
New to the Forum Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
New to the Forum Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

New to the Forum

+2
07Shelby500
JrSVT
6 posters

Go down

New to the Forum Empty New to the Forum

Post by JrSVT 4/2/2008, 8:27 pm

Hey all,

I'm new to the forum, just thought I'd say hey and let y'all know I'm here. Even though I'm in Lawton (SW Oklahoma) I like to check out the forums to enjoy track stories and share when I have some and when applicable, share tech advice.

Here's a little run down of my ride:

2003 SVT Cobra (I know it's not an s197) slapping
K&N FIPK II
BBK twin 65mm TB (home ported)
stock eaton s/c with 2.76" pulley (~14-15psi)
NGK-TR6 Plugs gapped at .035
Spec stage 3 clutch
Bassani catted x and catback
IRS w/steeda bushings and QA1 single adjustable (12settings)
Steeda tri-ax shifter, Fiore quadrant and firewall adjuster
65,XXX daily driven miles

Jr.
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 500
Car Type : 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra
First Name : Mitch
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum Empty Re: New to the Forum

Post by 07Shelby500 4/2/2008, 8:43 pm

Welcome Mitch! Love the 03-04 Cobras! I hope you enjoy chatting it up in here and if you go to the stampeed show in Mustang later this year or if you attend any of the events that we share between T-Town and Ok city I hope to see ya there! Post up some times and some pics of your ride!

Again Welcome

David VP BMMC Tulsa
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 4/2/2008, 9:54 pm

Welcome Mitch! Glad to have you. Ever make it up to Tulsa??

Paul
President, BMMC Tulsa
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/2/2008, 10:39 pm

Welcome Mitch!! LOVE the Terminators!! You are absolutely welcome here! You will find this place to be a great place to relax and say whats on your mind. I have owned 5 mustangs of all years in my day and love every model. The 03 and 04 Cobra will always be one that I will own someday! along with my S197 of course applause

We are on here daily so I hope you will stop in and chat with us!! Again welcome and dont be a stranger!

Back to top Go down

Post by 1bad00gt 4/3/2008, 3:19 am

Welcome Mitch. I have talked to you on modfords before, almost the same s/n, 1badgt, nice to see you around here. If at all possible you should make it up to the CEAT car show this Saturday in Stillwater.
1bad00gt
1bad00gt
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 557
Car Type : Mustang
First Name : Jeremy
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 07_427R 4/3/2008, 4:58 am

Welcome Mitch.... Sounds like you have a great ride there!!! Glad you could stop in and share your story. Make yourself at home. cheers

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 961
Car Type : Nothin
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/3/2008, 9:40 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I rarely make it up to the Tulsa area but I will be up there Sunday. I'm dropping the car off at a friends house and it will be waiting for Kurtis to take a look at a little problem I have. (yes my Cobra is sick) Who knows, if it doesn't cost too much to repair it, then I will more than likely add some go-fast parts.

The plan is to make a trip to the strip once Kurtis is finished with it. Hopefully I will have my AFS 10.5" wheels, spacers and drag radials in before it's time to go to the strip. I haven't been to a 1/4 mile strip since I put the 2.76" pulley on there so hopefully I will come home with an 11.xx timeslip. I have ran at an 1/8th mile track here locally a few times and have a best of 7.62 @ 94mph but more consistantly, it runs 7.7x's.

I'll be checking in from time to time so you guys be good. I've read some of the crazy posts on here. lol!

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2008, 10:22 am

Crazy=normal with this group...so if your acting your version of Normal we will insist you are an alien and should be quarantined. So please by all means be crazy hehe

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/3/2008, 10:44 am

Grabber07' wrote:Crazy=normal with this group...so if your acting your version of Normal we will insist you are an alien and should be quarantined. So please by all means be crazy hehe

Being here in Lawton, Oklahoma I feel quarantined. Maybe since I'm so far away you guys won't rub off on me.

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2008, 10:49 am

JrSVT wrote:
Grabber07' wrote:Crazy=normal with this group...so if your acting your version of Normal we will insist you are an alien and should be quarantined. So please by all means be crazy hehe

Being here in Lawton, Oklahoma I feel quarantined. Maybe since I'm so far away you guys won't rub off on me.

Mitch

You could be from Antartica and that still wouldnt be far enough. Its too late Mitch...its too late :mooning2:

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/3/2008, 11:24 am

It's a good thing I just had my immunity shots updated.

You guys up in the Tulsa area are familiar with Kurtis at Archangel from what I read here on the board. I can't wait to get my Cobra back to normal. Once he gets my car into the shop and diagnoses what's wrong, I'm going to turn him loose and let him work his magic.

I'm hoping to install a larger crank pulley to up the boost a little bit. I was thinking a 2# or 4# pulley. Then of course supporting mods like a boost-a-pump and bigger MAF meter and a tune.

Does anyone know if he does the trade in thing for the tuners? I have a diablosport and I'm wanting to step up to an x-cal 3. If not I can probably get rid of it pretty easy on this inter-webby-thing.

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 4/3/2008, 11:33 am

Yep. Kurtis is a rightous dude. As you can see he sponsors our club. He really knows his stuff!

Not sure on the trade-in thingy. I'd just ask him.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/3/2008, 4:44 pm

I called and talked to someone up there (not Kurtis) and he didn't think they did the trade in thing like I posted earlier. Looks like I'm going to have to un-ass a little more money for the SCT tuner.

Good things is that I might have a line on a Steigemier stage III ported supercharger that Kurtis was talking to me about last week. Not sure if it has a pulley on it or not, I'll talk to Kurtis a little more about it at a later date. If it does, I may just go with whatever lower pulley it takes to make me about 16-17#s of boost.

Do you guys hit up the drag strip every weekend? I'm really looking forward to running my car up there once it's finished. yahoo

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/3/2008, 5:11 pm

We run most weekends we can!! We have the Car show on Saturday this weekend...most likely will be at the drags the following Friday? or is it still Saturdays? Anyways...yes we are at the track often

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/3/2008, 5:22 pm

Grabber07' wrote:We run most weekends we can!! We have the Car show on Saturday this weekend...most likely will be at the drags the following Friday? or is it still Saturdays? Anyways...yes we are at the track often

I'm definately down for a trip to the strip. Probably wouldn't be able to make it on a Friday night with work and everything. It is a 3ish hour drive from L-town to T-town. I'll be on here and checking out the calendar for a date I might be able to make it. Hopefully it will be before it gets too hot! blowup If I can't make it up there and make a few runs with y'all, I'll most likely run at Noble a couple times.

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 2006KBGT 4/12/2008, 4:50 am

Not sure what your budget is, and not sure what you hope to achieve with your car, but if you have decent means and/or hope to get above the 500RWHP mark, I'd suggest you stear clear of the Eaton SC upgrades (that would include the Steigmier ported Eaton.) I have a buddy with an '03 with the ported Eaton, and it up's the max that he'll see a bit. But it's just in-efficient overall, and you end up fighting heat with each extra pound of boost you're able to create that way (Kurtis will tell you the same thing).

I'd try to decide now on your ultimate end-power goal. That will tell you if the ported Eaton can get you there, or if you'd be better off just saving the coin, and putting it toward a more efficient blower.

If 500-525 is your end power goal, then you can get there with the Steigmeir ported eaton (just the same SC you have, ported by a company named Steigmeir.) But if you want anymore than that, well, that's where the Eaton is maxed-out. I know this only b/c my buddy did the same SC, had it tuned (Kurtis did all the work.) But he's pretty-much maxed out with that gear.

2006KBGT
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 76
Car Type : 2006 GT

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/12/2008, 10:37 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. The poor lil eaton is about tapped out after the port at ~17psi. Kurtis is pretty covered up with other projects and I wasn't able to get my car into him while it was up there in Tulsa so I've had time to think. I'm probably going to go with a twin screw sooner or later.

I'm really leaning towards a 2.3L Whipple. I should be able to get close to the 600rwhp mark on pump gas with that. Who knows, I do have that Economy boosting check coming from Uncle Sam in May. I may just go ahead and put that towards what I already have and try to get it then. yahoo
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 2006KBGT 4/19/2008, 2:01 am

I admit knowing nothing more about the Whipple's than what education I got when we had a Whipple kit installed on my buddy's '07 F150. 2.3L is the Whipple kit that's made for the '03-04 Cobra? I was thinking I had heard of a larger displacement blower for the Termie, either Whipple or KB....something around 2.8L. Maybe I'm confusing that with the GT500 kit....

2006KBGT
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 76
Car Type : 2006 GT

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/19/2008, 9:28 am

Yeah, they have larger displacement SC's but for what I want to do with the car, I think the 2.3 is fine. Whipple makes a huge 3.4L that is mainly used for built motors/bigger displacement motors like the 302 and the strokers. KB also makes the 2.6L and 2.8L which I think is pretty much over kill because they need to be spun hard to really take advantage of them.

I'm really only looking to run 17-19psi for daily driving and maybe 21-23psi for race setup (which wouldn't be very often). The bigger blowers really need to be pushing about 25psi to show any gains over the smaller 2.3 whipple or the 2.2 & 2.4 KB's.
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/19/2008, 10:23 pm

Ok, I got some pics of my car uploaded to the members rides' section of the gallery. Take a looky look if you like.
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 07_427R 4/20/2008, 12:27 pm

Man, I like those pics. Wish I had one of those beasts sitting next to the Roush!!! cheers

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 961
Car Type : Nothin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2008, 2:04 pm

I think we all do

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/20/2008, 5:44 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. The car really is awesome and has so much potential. I'm saving my nickles and dimes so maybe one day I can slap on a KB or Whipple. My ultimate goal is 600rwhp and keeping the looks of the car basically stock.
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down