Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then

+3
Papi
BMMC1
KevinGT
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty Re: Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then

Post by BMMC1 10/28/2008, 2:09 pm

Jarrod's right. You should trust him. Nobody know about blowing more than Jarrod...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then - Page 2 Empty Re: Paxton then brakes then suspension, no no no suspension then brakes then

Post by Psycho Bob 10/28/2008, 2:25 pm

hahahaha too bad we can never understand anything he's saying......what's that you said jarrod. sounds like you have something in your mouth

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/28/2008, 6:20 pm

SALOON!

Back to top Go down

Post by pony74055 11/4/2008, 11:45 pm

Hey guy's this man is going to need more brakes before that blower. I would be glad to get him some ceramic one's cheap if you guy's want to put them on then you all can see and feel the difference just some high quality pads make with stock calipers and rotors. I will see what a demo set will cost maybe free if I can swing it and you are welcome to use the shop after hours as well (Sat afternoon or Sundays) after my back surgery I am not quite able to do it my self yet. I have been impressed with mine so far and at Hallet they have held up way better than I expected.
pony74055
pony74055
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 589
Car Type : BMW 850i V-12 FTW
First Name : George
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/4/2008, 11:49 pm

I would love to be the guinnea pig on those pads George. I am close to needing brakes anyway. I figure new pads with some stainless lines should help quite a bit.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/5/2008, 12:08 am

Will the ceramic pads cause damage to the stock rotor? Too harsh?

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/5/2008, 10:34 am

Also... are they effective when they're cold? I know there is a trade off with race pads. They work great once you get them up to temp.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/21/2008, 12:16 am

Well I am now officially supercharged with a brand new Polished Whipple and 4.10 gears. The only issue we had was a corrupt tune from Ford Racing which delayed us till morning but all in all a good experience. It was running late so I had to schedule the Dyno for December when I go back down.

I have never driven a car that could peg the RPM limit like these supercharged cars can. Even with my dads corvette (400 HP) seemed like there was time to shift.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 364
Car Type : Mustang GT
First Name : Kevin
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 12:19 am

WOW!!! Thats awesome....I hate to demand this...BUT I need pics Kevin!

Oh and arent you glad you listened to us and went with a twin screw....THERE JUST SO DAMN FUN! and holy hell they feel great on the street!

So lets here your opinion....is it everything you'd hoped....I only ask this cause i have to live vicariously through you as I dont have the coin to buy one hehe....details man details!

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/21/2008, 12:51 am

I definitely feel like the driver is by far the weakest link in my setup now. The amount of quickness even from the 80 to 110 mph range is crazy. I tap the gas I am boosting where ever I need to go. When not in boost my car is almost identical to the way it was before the charger, which is what I was hoping for. The boost seems almost instant and my only concern is making sure I have room to stop.

The RPM range down to Dallas was 70mph at 2000rpm getting 21 mpg. On the way back it was 70 mph at 2400RPM getting 16 mph which will work fine. Looking at the engine bay is weird now that I don’t have a huge air filter. I can see plenty of places that now need detailing.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/21/2008, 1:03 am

Wow! Congrats Kevin. So what was the final deciding factor on the Whipple? Time to upgrade the braking system I suppose. LOL Thats a good problem to have. Cant wait to see some pics!
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 1:52 am

Great to hear Kevin!! Sounds like you are happy with your purchase! I cant wait to see pics!! And looks like its time for the Q-Tips and detail spray for under the hood. I bet that supercharger looks sweet standing alone on the motor!

Who did you have install it may I ask? Also if I may Pry...since Im trying to budget for a supercharger....how much out the door and installed did it all cost you? If you want you can PM me that answer.

Stopping can be a problem. Are you looking into brake kits?

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/21/2008, 2:49 am

I was dead locked between the TVS and the Whipple so I went on looks and price. The polished unit just looks like it belongs on top of the engine and it really pops. I had the Whipple installed at Grand Prairie performance. They dropped me off and picked me up from the Airport. I got a tour of the shop and they have a solid group of guys that all specialize in different aspects like Superchargers, Naturally aspired, turbos and other mustang add ons. They took me on a test drive and Joe could hear something in the exhaust, sure enough it was a fouled plug. Once that was replaced we were rolling.

The price for the Whipple was $6100.00 + about $500.00 in sales tax. That included the ford racing tune and the GT500 dual fuel pumps that come with the kit. The TVS was also offered at 6k but didn’t come with the necessary fuel pumps so it would have been over 7k. The guys at GPF are going to build me some custom brakes that will fit behind the American Racing Wheels. The design doesn’t seem to lend itself to big calipers. I also had them install the 4.10 gears which was $200.00 in labor and some randon parts that were replaced beside just the gears.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/21/2008, 10:22 am

Very nice Kevin, Cant wait to see it. Sounds like the group at Grand Prarie are top notch. Congrats again!
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/21/2008, 10:26 am

Awesome. Very nice!

Are they in Tx?
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy53 11/21/2008, 10:37 am

Also check with brenspeed for price and install.He will do the same deal.it might be away to play them against each other.
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 1:05 pm

Yes Grand Prarie is in Texas....suburb of Dallas. Went there to get the car signed by Jack Roush. They definitely have some nice cars there!!

What did they charge you for the install of the supercharger?

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/21/2008, 3:09 pm

Here are a couple of picks.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/90/65/100_0010.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/90/65/100_0011.jpg

Joe bought a couple of Whipples from a failing performance for d shop in Houston so the deal I cut was $6100.00 + tax. My receipt actually shows $350.00 in labor but I think that was for them internally so the lower price would work.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/21/2008, 3:11 pm

Kevin thats just awesome. I love the polished look. I also never noticed that you had the stripes sone on the underside of the hood as well. Looks great!
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 3:25 pm

KevinGT wrote:Here are a couple of picks.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/90/65/100_0010.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/90/65/100_0011.jpg

Joe bought a couple of Whipples from a failing performance for d shop in Houston so the deal I cut was $6100.00 + tax. My receipt actually shows $350.00 in labor but I think that was for them internally so the lower price would work.

NICE!! thumbsup cheers Looks at home under that hood!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 6:56 pm

Oh and we need video ASAP! Remember Vicarously I need this!! Video..More pics....more details on the enjoyments of everday driving....you know the drill!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 1:41 am

Grabber07' wrote:Oh and we need video ASAP! Remember Vicarously I need this!! Video..More pics....more details on the enjoyments of everday driving....you know the drill!

Med's Jarrod Med's.

Kevin I am like a kid in a candy store... looking at your car makes me want to max out the credit cards and put one of my kids on Ebay.
lol!

That is one beautiful car and I cant wait to see it in person. Good lord...I wont be able to sleep tonight.... will be to busy dreaming of Eleanor... I can here the them some on Gone in 60 sec when he is jumping over the cars on the highway... ok will shut up know.
applause

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 3:23 am

Down justin Down!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 4:22 pm

I cant help it.. that car is B....E....A....Utiful

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/25/2008, 4:25 pm

Thanks Justin, I do have a blazing credit card bill but I decided that I would bite the bullet on what is going to be the biggest add on for me hands down. The other items on the wish list are things I can hide from the Wife or slowly add over time.

I was surrpised that my suspension seems fine for everyday driving and will not be a pressing requirement for upgrading. I can basically upgrade the suspension when the time calls for it. Right now I am working on the Dynamat so I can control some of the noise coming into the cab. Once that is complete I will move on to the sound system which will look close to this design but facing the trunk and not the back seat.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/90/65/idea110.jpg

I have designed at least 10 different layouts for 2 alpine PDX amps (pictured) and one 10 inch sub but I can't seem to settle on one idea. As long as this design can be hidden/tucked back into the seat via a fiberglass enclosure then I am happy with it. If it sticks out to far then I will go back to the spare tire sub location. I want people to look in the trunk and say Wow, he leathered the trunk and everything else be stealth.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/25/2008, 4:35 pm

Or they could say why in the hell would you leather wrap your trunk interior but that would be OK as well. beatingdead
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/25/2008, 4:53 pm

That looks awesome...I went with the Schoche Stealth Sub box that bolts to where the factory Shaker 1000 sub bolts to in the trunk. Its tucked away over the right rear fenderwell. I bolted my California 1000W amplifier to the backside of the passenger rear seat. That way I can pull the seat down from inside the car and mess with the Amp. I also have a remote gain control right next to my right knee in the drivers side.

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/25/2008, 5:13 pm

I went with flow masters and Pypes mid pipes for my sound system. I'll save the boom boom stuff for the Edge.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 11/25/2008, 5:25 pm

I hear ya. Investing in concert sounding accoustics is not for everyone. There are times when I am on the highway and I will hear an old song that I use to jam out to and want to really hear it. Not the booming Rap but music like AC/DC Hells Bells where the bells roll across the sound stage or the boom of Thunder in thunderstruck. Right now my thunder is a rattling door speaker so it is more static than thunder.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/25/2008, 5:28 pm

I'm all into it... I just like the motor music in the Mustang and Cobra. The Cobra doesn't even have a radio. For that matter... it never will.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next