Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
sherriffs track day after action report Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
sherriffs track day after action report Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
sherriffs track day after action report Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
sherriffs track day after action report Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
sherriffs track day after action report Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
sherriffs track day after action report Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
sherriffs track day after action report Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
sherriffs track day after action report Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
sherriffs track day after action report Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
sherriffs track day after action report Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

sherriffs track day after action report

4 posters

Go down

sherriffs track day after action report Empty sherriffs track day after action report

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 1:33 pm

yesterday was amazingly fun, had some great times, after my first run i got out of my car shaking(one hell of a rush) my first heat i managed to stay on the back side of a gt500 the whole run. almost passing him several times only to have him get away on the straight away.

the second run we were all lined up waiting to jump on the track i got tired of just sitting there burning gas(only had half a tank left) so i shut my engine off till they signaled us to begin. quickily i fired it up and jumped onto the track, after one lap to warm the tires up they waved the green flag and i hammered the accelerator i came into turn one very hot chirped the tires like usual swung wide into the corner and started to accelerate, but something just felt wrong it was like there was no power like my brakes were engaging, i felt a rapid deceleration of the rear end followed by the rear end breaking loose, i attempted to correct, when i did so the rear end felt like it got even heavier and came out even harder, i tryed to correct even more and then WOOOP! the back in finally came all the way out and around and around i went. my passenger was frantically searching for the "oh S#$T handles" with no success, i slid to a stop in the grass dazed and alittle confused as to what had hapened it was then i noticed a light on my console...i stared at it for a few seconds almost as if i couldn't read it, TCS.....TCS...what the?... then it hit me! i hadnt turned traction control off after i restarted my car!!! thud

after turning tcs off i jumped back onto the track and enjoyed the rest of heat 2.

heat 3 was one of the best runs i had, after 3 or 4 laps though my tires were hot and they felt like i was riding on peanut butter, the back end came loose alot bu i managed to keep it held tight.

after heat 3 we ran time trials in which i pulled of a respectable 58.15 lap time. i fell i could have possibly made i 56 but as im still somewhat inexperienced i was braking to early in the corners, next time i'll crank it down and really hammer it home.

the fastest lap time of the day was pulled by russel from carfx with his blue mustang gt hammering home with a 53.19.

heres a few pics from the track

sherriffs track day after action report Trackd10

sherriffs track day after action report Trackd11

and heres a picture of my car after clean up, i didnt get to take many pcitures as my camera had a low battery

sherriffs track day after action report Trackd12
ARMORINE
ARMORINE
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

sherriffs track day after action report Empty Re: sherriffs track day after action report

Post by Guest 5/17/2009, 1:55 pm

Looks like you had fun out there.....Oh and Bobs going to kill you for those red fender stripes...just warning you

Back to top Go down

sherriffs track day after action report Empty Re: sherriffs track day after action report

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 2:54 pm

Grabber07' wrote:Looks like you had fun out there.....Oh and Bobs going to kill you for those red fender stripes...just warning you

why would he kill me? what did i do?
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/17/2009, 6:30 pm

Very cool. Looks like the Car DX car ate the cone...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 7:10 pm

2006GT wrote:Very cool. Looks like the Car DX car ate the cone...

and carried it around the track several times lol!
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint200 5/17/2009, 8:04 pm

I didn't realize that was you yesterday. You never officially introduced yourself. I didn't think anyone from Tulsa made it down.

Anyway, now that your car is no longer a virgin, shocked you can relax a bit and not be so keyed up about making a mistake. smoke Just remember that if it goes off, don't try to save it; just keep going and slow down. When it's slow enough, get back on track. And like yesterday, "If you spin, both feet in"; meaning hit the clutch and the brake and hold them till you come to a complete stop. That gives you a predictable trajectory, so cars behind you can NOT hit you....... lol!
sprint200
sprint200
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 221
Car Type : '07 GT500
First Name : Jeff
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 8:29 pm

ahahahahaha yeah she's been....handled roughly (muahhahahahaha)

yeah sandy was right behind me she said whehn i started to go my rear end came round then i shot in front of her, she missed me by 2 car lengths.

i thought your car looked familiar! :P
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/17/2009, 8:42 pm

We should do this as a club... Anyone know track rental costs ???
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint200 5/17/2009, 8:45 pm

Yep, car to car contact usually happens because someone tries to "save" a spin and shoots across the track in front of someone. I've almost collected 2 people at Hallett for that same reason. Glad my GT500 brakes work as good as they do. thud

I was breaking in my daughter's Terlingua. For it's first time out, I think it went alright. The little 6 cylinder was respectable. I've got to find out what the rubbing noise in the hard cornering was. And this morning, there was a smal drop of tranny fluid on the garage floor lonely

That was my first visit to the Sheriff's track. I always thought it too small for the GT500, but I guess I'll have to bring it out at least once to see what it'll do............
sprint200
sprint200
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 9:17 pm

sprint200 wrote:Yep, car to car contact usually happens because someone tries to "save" a spin and shoots across the track in front of someone. I've almost collected 2 people at Hallett for that same reason. Glad my GT500 brakes work as good as they do. thud

I was breaking in my daughter's Terlingua. For it's first time out, I think it went alright. The little 6 cylinder was respectable. I've got to find out what the rubbing noise in the hard cornering was. And this morning, there was a smal drop of tranny fluid on the garage floor lonely

That was my first visit to the Sheriff's track. I always thought it too small for the GT500, but I guess I'll have to bring it out at least once to see what it'll do............

probably a seal going out somewhere, as for the rubbin...i would have to hear it, does it only happen in hard cornering or are there other factors to it like braking as well?

im glad i missed sandy im even more glad my back end came around so quickly as i left the track, might not have kept the shiny side up otherwise
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 9:17 pm

2006GT wrote:We should do this as a club... Anyone know track rental costs ???

i'd be all in
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 fast 8 5/17/2009, 10:19 pm

that is why i have tcs turned off in the tune dont have to worry about forgetting to turn it off .
1 fast 8
1 fast 8
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!

Number of posts : 1708
Car Type : 2008 gt
First Name : kelley
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/17/2009, 10:47 pm

Ditto...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 11:09 pm

is there a way to do that or will i need to contact vmp to have them redo it?
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/17/2009, 11:12 pm

Normal the tuner has to open that feature in order for the user to be able to turn it off and on. At least for SCTs...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 11:13 pm

hmm well crude guess i'll have to contact vmp then
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/17/2009, 11:16 pm

You have an SCT correct? Take it to Greg.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 11:18 pm

yeah i have an xcal 3

wish you guys had been there i was soo confused when the back side came out like that. i was like WTF? its never acted like that before!? did i break something!?

i got a Kinky for it when i got back to the pit
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/17/2009, 11:20 pm

pride?
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/17/2009, 11:22 pm

2006GT wrote:pride?

heavily damaged lol!

i redeemed my self during the time trials thankfully
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint200 5/18/2009, 11:01 am

Guys,

From what I've been told regarding the Spanish Oak processor, if you turn TCS off in the tune you cannot re-activate it. I don't know about older mustangs but this is what I heard from Justin (VMP) about the new stuff.

Jared, I think the only thing you broke was rear traction lol! . I would have had to have been in the car to be sure, but on that corner if the car was understeering and you weren't getting the throttle response you anticipated, my guess is that you cranked the wheel a bit too much at the same time you applied more throttle. When the front wheels bit real good and the TCS applied more brake to the rear wheels..........snap samuri

It's kind of like trail-braking on accident. oops
sprint200
sprint200
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 5/18/2009, 11:10 am

You can turn it back on / reactivating it by the tune. You can't do it on the fly however. i wish you could default to be off and turn it on when you want it...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/18/2009, 12:06 pm

Sounds like you had alot of fun Jared. I would be up to trying this. Find out some cost paul.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/18/2009, 12:32 pm

Yup....my curtis tune has it turned off....my bamachips tune has it on

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 5/18/2009, 9:24 pm

sprint200 wrote:Guys,

From what I've been told regarding the Spanish Oak processor, if you turn TCS off in the tune you cannot re-activate it. I don't know about older mustangs but this is what I heard from Justin (VMP) about the new stuff.

Jared, I think the only thing you broke was rear traction lol! . I would have had to have been in the car to be sure, but on that corner if the car was understeering and you weren't getting the throttle response you anticipated, my guess is that you cranked the wheel a bit too much at the same time you applied more throttle. When the front wheels bit real good and the TCS applied more brake to the rear wheels..........snap samuri

It's kind of like trail-braking on accident. oops

i think you nailed that one right on the head! hammer

man i had a blast i wish i could do that EVERYDAY!
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down