Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
why not race? Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
why not race? Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
why not race? Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
why not race? Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
why not race? Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
why not race? Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
why not race? Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
why not race? Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
why not race? Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
why not race? Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

why not race?

+3
ARMORINE
Tims2002gt
08 stang
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why not race? Empty why not race?

Post by 08 stang 4/8/2009, 12:20 am

so why not put dbldare or greg on the foxbody dude? he challenged every1 on this forum to a 500.00 race. whats the story on his car? surely he couldn't outrun greg. sounds to me like he just wanted to lose 500.00 and you guys ran him off WTF? lol
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 101
Car Type : 08 gt
First Name : kevin
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

why not race? Empty Re: why not race?

Post by Tims2002gt 4/8/2009, 12:24 am

To be blatantly honest, I don't think anyone on here has anything that will run with his coupe. The Cobra, thats another story. Not saying its slow, just not as fast as the coupe.
Tims2002gt
Tims2002gt
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 517
Car Type : 2002 Mustang GT
First Name : Tim
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 4/8/2009, 12:28 am

he's just being himself, theres no need to respond
ARMORINE
ARMORINE
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 12:32 am

I thinks its a maturity thing Kevin. Some of the recent members that have joined all run in the same circle. Most in their early 20s and dont have a brain to speak of.

I believe Fastfox was running low 11s if Im not mistaken. His buddy LXhatch302 runs in the 9s and 10s (from some of his videos), and Jst4fun has an 03 04 Sliver Cobra that looks as though its an 11sec ride with traction.

$500 was not why he was "ran off" Go back through and read his posts...nothing but BS, calling people out, derogatory comments towards individuals after he was asked to stop. This wont be tolerated on this website or club.

This is a place for mustang enthusiasts to get together with "friends". Not some grudge race smack talk arena where arguements are constantly happening and people get ticked off. Save that for other forums.

Not directing this towards you Kevin...just making a statement in general and airing some thoughts about recent activity on the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 4/8/2009, 12:34 am

well he just responded to a post i made with nothing but profanity, if he wants a race i know some one with a fox that will hit mid 8s when its done, he'll be happy to race.

the point that should be made people is that were here to enjoy mustangs not rag on ppl all day

EDIT: just to make things clear i dont encourage ego based racing.

Last edited by ARMORINE on 4/8/2009, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/8/2009, 12:39 am

i hear ya grabber.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/8/2009, 12:41 am

i hear ya grabber.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Tims2002gt 4/8/2009, 12:43 am

So with that being said, when is Jarrod and David going to come out for tnt or midnites? I haven't seen either of you guys out there yet this year! Poke
Tims2002gt
Tims2002gt
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 1:12 am

I was wrong again. Lxhatch302 and Jst4fun are not Mike nor are they Mikes friend. My appologies to both.

But with that being said Looks like that Lxhatch runs strong!! The pucker factor is in effect hehe

And Tim....soon I hope. Still working on paying for a wedding, planning for a wedding, and facilitating a wedding, all the while trying to make her happy!! haha

Also saving for a down on our first home and all that goes along with that....been busy and trying to save some cash!

But Ill be out there...hope to run soon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tims2002gt 4/8/2009, 1:17 am

^
I understand! Hope everythings goes well for you and the lady! And good luck with the home buying too!
Tims2002gt
Tims2002gt
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 1:57 am

Its a chore let me tell you. In todays economy CASH IS KING!

Back to top Go down

Post by lxhatch302 4/8/2009, 9:58 am

if you are talkin about greg gillams(sp) car you better strap a rocket onto the back of it...greg knows me from going to tech at ba for machining few years back and good friends with him...ask him about the kid with the primerd notch with the turbo and he'll know who it is....

yes the videos on youtube were with my old and older setups on my car...now how a whole new driveline and will be getting told to update my cage to a 25.2 before its all said and done by the tech guys at the track....

and the 03 cobra is mine too....you can go to youtube and look up ruger311 and he has videos of both of my turds on the dyno

lxhatch302
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 190
Car Type : 93coupe,03 slobra
First Name : Chris
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 10:13 am

That knotch runs hard! What did you do different to the motor setup than from the 9 sec motor? That thing is a beast from the videos.

Ruger311 is on this site as well....he was having a motor issue. Does anyone know if he got that resolved?

Your Cobra is nice! We have a few members with terminators on here. Jerry being one of them owns an 03 sonic blue. Im sure he will have some questions for you about mods

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/8/2009, 10:31 am

I do have an 03 cobra. Just a few upgrades, but looking to do more here this summer. I think my first step is to focus on building up then go for more performance. Any thoughts or ideas I am up for entertaining.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/8/2009, 10:50 am

03.sonicblue wrote:I do have an 03 cobra. Just a few upgrades, but looking to do more here this summer. I think my first step is to focus on building up then go for more performance. Any thoughts or ideas I am up for entertaining.

Dood....What are you planning on doing to your ride? I'm not for certain of your current mods but if you give me a run down, I can make a few suggestions from there.

I have setup my car to handle a little more power and recently I installed a Dynotune nitrous kit. I'm just going to be running a small 50 shot for now until I can get some 60lb injectors. I also installed the WOTbox and really like the feature that allows you to power shift easier. I'm going to test out my 50 shot this weekend and compare it to the race tune with no nitrous with me power shifting.

My current mods for handling the power are:

Steeda differential brace
Subframe connectors
MM IRS bushings (all of them)
Spec stage 3 clutch
MT E.T. Streets 26"x10.5"x16" [bias ply (have to get the power to the ground)]

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 500
Car Type : 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra
First Name : Mitch
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lxhatch302 4/8/2009, 10:59 am

Grabber07' wrote:That knotch runs hard! What did you do different to the motor setup than from the 9 sec motor? That thing is a beast from the videos.

Ruger311 is on this site as well....he was having a motor issue. Does anyone know if he got that resolved?

Your Cobra is nice! We have a few members with terminators on here. Jerry being one of them owns an 03 sonic blue. Im sure he will have some questions for you about mods

the old motor when it went 9.9xs was a stock bottom end 5.0 with some shitty heads and other crap through an aod....

new motor is a fully built keith craft dart 302 based motor with all the bells and whistles with a built PG and mike duffy built rearend...its got other shit different from the old setup but to much to even post...

ya he is having some valve issues...he is going to replace all the valves and valve seats and let my brother and i do a tune on it since it had WAY to much timing in it by looking at the plugs...

yah cobras the new dd now...jerry if you havnt got an irs brace and bushing in it, DO IT...then get some sc's and your suspension is good unless you wanna get some cc plates...my car with a 2.76 pulley,idler,JLT CAI, LFP Heatexchanger and tank made 470hp 490 trq

lxhatch302
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 190
Car Type : 93coupe,03 slobra
First Name : Chris
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/8/2009, 11:00 am

Mitch

Here is what I have.
Rear-end is totally stock. running 315 nittos.
Motor: Pulley and a tune. Have a larger filter, but not a true CAI.

What I would like to do:
Rear-end: Same as what you got. Brace, sub frame connectors and bushings. I am still hesitant to really throw the traction to it, but so far so good.

Motor: A new tune, JLT-CAI, and larger heat exchanger.

I am quite impressed with the car. I have done very few mods and my best time with it is 12.20 @114. If I did the tune and CAI I think I am well into the 11's if I get traction. I really like the WOTbox you got and am going to look into that as well.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/8/2009, 11:15 am

03.sonicblue wrote:Mitch

Here is what I have.

What I would like to do:
Rear-end: Same as what you got. Brace, sub frame connectors and bushings. I am still hesitant to really throw the traction to it, but so far so good.

I am quite impressed with the car. I have done very few mods and my best time with it is 12.20 @114. If I did the tune and CAI I think I am well into the 11's if I get traction. I really like the WOTbox you got and am going to look into that as well.

I wouldn't worry about "throwing traction to it". I'm on my stock halfshafts and we're at about the same power level. The key is to let off the gas if you experience wheel hop, thats what kills the stock half shafts. The drag radials help a little bit, but with the bushings and drag radials, it will nearly be eliminated....this was the case on my car. I still get a little hop from time to time because I'm running street tires now but I don't do much hot rodding around town (from a dead stop) where spinning is likely to occur. At the track, the E.T. Streets really help because the sidewalls are really soft and absorb most of the shock to the IRS when putting down the power. Last year I was dumping the clutch at 4500+ rpms with no fear. Got a best 60' of 1.66!!!

Don't be skurred

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/8/2009, 11:32 am

I'm Skurred, LOL!!

I usually back down the PSI on the nittos to about 13-15. I have never really got them hot, so need to do that and see how the handle, then weill be able to launch at a higher RPM. I need to get out to another test n tune and get some more runs.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 11:39 am

Bushings and a Brace and I think you'll be alright jerry. Also lets see about getting a custom tune and JLT! Cant wait to see the difference. That 11 sec timeslip is pretty respectable

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/8/2009, 11:43 am

Yeah, with the nittos....heat them up good! My first set of DR's were nittos and I heard you had to heat the hell out of them for them to stick. I did one time because it was close to the end of their life. I ran a best of 1.71 60' with them at 14psi and a big-long smokey 2nd gear burnout.

If you're wanting a good drag radial for traction, go with MT, M&H or Hoosier drag radials. They won't last as long as the nittos but they hook 10 times better.
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/8/2009, 11:48 am

I use my nittos as a street tire too. But I have an extra set of 17x9's that I might get some tires for and use them as a track only tire. I need to win the lottery for all the toys I want to buy, lol!
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/8/2009, 11:54 am

Amen! worthy
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/8/2009, 12:31 pm

Are you running stock shifter, or have you upgraded to a short throw?? Just curious with the powershifting what you have been using
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/8/2009, 1:35 pm

I had the stock shifter for awhile. I bought a Steeda Tri-axe and liked it alot. Much shorter throw and felt good. Now I have the MGW because I heard lots of possitives about it. I like the MGW more than the Tri-axe because of it's adjustability. Up, down, left, right. You can adjust it til your hearts content. MGW FTW!
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 03supercobra 4/8/2009, 5:15 pm

I have had the MGW and Pro 5.0, I like the Pro 5.0. Some hate and some love the MGW.
03supercobra
03supercobra
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 66
Car Type : Mustang/Camaro
First Name : Clayton
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/8/2009, 5:17 pm

MGW seems like a nice concept and does work great...but in my opinion...so much adjustablilty can mean much more to go wrong with it down the road. pivot points and machining play a role in longevity...hope it has both

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 4/9/2009, 1:38 pm

03.sonicblue wrote:Mitch

Here is what I have.

What I would like to do:

Log on to ModularFords.com (if you don't have a SN you will have to register, it's really easy to do) and PM Mofasta. He only has a few of the double feature (2step and NLTS) units left.

CHOP CHOP!!

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/9/2009, 5:18 pm

I have been told this same thing can be done in the tune with an X-cal 2 or xcal 3. Looking into this option first. Im on a budget until I get moved in to my new house. However, next month is my birthday...
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 4/9/2009, 5:21 pm

As far as shifters go, I have no idea what I want. Probably will go with the PRO5.0 shifter. Im with Jarrod on the adjustability, too much to go wrong.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content