Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Wtb: kenne bell Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Wtb: kenne bell Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Wtb: kenne bell Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Wtb: kenne bell Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Wtb: kenne bell Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Wtb: kenne bell Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Wtb: kenne bell Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Wtb: kenne bell Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Wtb: kenne bell Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Wtb: kenne bell Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Wtb: kenne bell

3 posters

Go down

Wtb: kenne bell Empty Wtb: kenne bell

Post by blackstangin 1/15/2009, 4:34 pm

I'm looking into buying a kennel bell supercharger around the end of summer. Anybody know good places to look for them to where I don't have to spend 6 grand? I would even buy a used one if it hasn't been ran hard
blackstangin
blackstangin
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 136
Car Type : 05 GT
First Name : john
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Wtb: kenne bell Empty Re: Wtb: kenne bell

Post by Guest 1/15/2009, 7:06 pm

hmmm not sure....There are a lot of vendors selling the Kenne bell. Ill look around and see what I can find, but your best bet is just searching the other mustang forums or web.

Heres one place I found. Have purchased a couple of things from them with no complaints

http://dagostinoracing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2678_1_1232_18084_5757

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstangin 1/16/2009, 5:13 pm

Ok thanks
blackstangin
blackstangin
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by DEEZ-67 1/18/2009, 11:28 pm

There is a place in Edmond that sales rebuilt superchargers. I can't think of the name of it.
DEEZ-67
DEEZ-67
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 406
Car Type : 1967 Coupe / 05 GT
First Name : Dave
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 1/18/2009, 11:49 pm

oh man, what a tease.
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/19/2009, 2:31 am

DEEZ-67 wrote:There is a place in Edmond that sales rebuilt superchargers. I can't think of the name of it.

Dave thats just so wrong! lol! You cant tell a man that and not get the name of the place.....

Thats like saying I know where theirs free beer....but I cant remember where? hammer

Back to top Go down

Post by blackstangin 1/21/2009, 12:44 pm

What do you guys think of vortech superchargers?
blackstangin
blackstangin
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 1:01 pm

blackstangin wrote:What do you guys think of vortech superchargers?

All depends on what your ultimate goal is for the car.

I myself prefer a Twin Screw such as the (Whipple, Saleen, Kenne Bell, Etc) ...Power and torque kick in almost instantly at low RPMs...they are much more efficient than the centrifugal types (Vortech, Procharger, etc). Twin Screws actually compress the air as its being forced into the motor.

As for the Vortech...its a good supercharger...but less efficient and boost kicks in with RPMs...your not at full boost until your at the redline. Its basically a belt driven turbo.

Now if I had to choose a centrifugal, which Ive thought about due my shaker setup. I would go with the Intercooled Procharger setup. Its a self oiled and self contained unit that doesnt require you to tap your oil pan. It sounds wicked at idle...and has proven itself on the track. Boost does kick in later than a Twin Screw so traction is a little better on take off...and you can put a pretty cool sounding Blow off Valve that makes a WOOOSH sound when off the trottle :)

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 1:12 pm

Or you can have the best of both worlds and bolt on a turbo setup..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 1:18 pm

Wont knock Turbos...they are very cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 1:30 pm

Cool and loads of power.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 1:37 pm

These are on a LSI but this is a good comparison showing the difference in a Turbe and a Cetrifugal type. I know they do not look as cool but turbos are all business and are extremely reliable power makers.. That is why auto manufacturers have used them on vehicles for so many years. Efficient and powerful.

Wtb: kenne bell Comparo1

Wtb: kenne bell Comparo2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 1:56 pm

Ok.. Found the one I was looking for. Here is the comparison that MM&FF did between several types of forced induction inluding stock and aftermarket stuff. Its a good read.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0501_ford_modular_motor_forced_induction/index.html

And here are the dyno graphs on it.

Eaton 14PSI
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0501_22_z+ford_modular_motor_forced_induction_comparison+eaton_dyno

Eaton vs Kenne Bell 14PSI
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0501_23_z+ford_modular_motor_forced_induction_comparison+kenne_bell_dyno

Eaton vs Vortech 14PSI
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0501_24_z+ford_modular_motor_forced_induction_comparison+vortech_dyno

Eaton vs Twin Turbo 14PSI
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0501_25_z+ford_modular_motor_forced_induction_comparison+turbo_dyno

And all the Boost Curves
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0501_26_z+ford_modular_motor_forced_induction_comparison+boosted_dyno

And now read this one little paragraph about the differences in the power these different boost devices make. I think it sums things up.

"With the exception of the twin turbos, the boost curves tell the power story. The Roots and twin-screw blowers produced similar boost curves, the major difference being where the Roots fell off after 5,000 rpm, the curve offered by the twin-screw continued to climb. The boost curves offered by the centrifugal supercharger and turbos were decidedly different than the pair of positive displacement superchargers. Check how the boost curve offered by the turbos ramped up after 3,000 rpm. Judging by this boost curve you'd be inclined to think the turbos offered similar power to the blowers once the motor reached 4,000 rpm, but the power curves hammer home the fact that all boost is not created equal. The 14.5 psi from the roots produced 247 hp less than 13.6 psi from the turbos. Obviously, the centrifugal supercharger cannot compete in torque production down low and the boost curve shows why. With just 1.9 psi compared to 12.3 psi, the centrifugal must rely on engine speed before things really start to happen."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 2:47 pm

Yeah...the TWIN TURBOS part is still a little umm well decieving. Thats a 10k mod in inteself hehe

find a SINGLE turbo comparison

Turbos are awesome though allhail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/21/2009, 4:43 pm

Similar numbers would be seen from a single turbo kit but the twin turbo kits are not much more expensive and spool quicker along with being a more strait formward install. The first Graph I posted was a single turbo.

$6395..00 @ http://www.turbochargedpower.com/05-09%20Mustang%20Twin.htm

Also you can find single turbo kits for $3900.

Also it looks to me like most of the twin screws are not much cheaper. Single turbo kits start around $3500 so price wise they are in the same neighborhood. Anyway. Here are you single turbo comparisons you wanted.

Stock 98 2 Valve with Ford Racing Supercharger 7psi
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0708_25_z+ford_forced_induction_dyno_testing+FRPP_supercharger_dyno_results

2 Valve with Kenne Bell 9psi
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0708_26_z+ford_forced_induction_dyno_testing+kenne_bell_dyno_results

2 Valve with Vortech 12psi
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0708_28_z+ford_forced_induction_dyno_testing+twin_turbo_dyno_results

Ok.. It is still twins but at 13.7psi this is amazing on a STOCK 98 2 Valve non PI motor.
Wtb: kenne bell Mmfp_0708_28_z+ford_forced_induction_dyno_testing+twin_turbo_dyno_results

I will have to find some 2V dynos at home. I am blocked from too much but the head unit isnt the expensive part of these kits..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down