Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon..

+13
07Shelby500
coolhandluke
Papi
1 fast 8
KevinGT
03.sonicblue
fst06stg
rford426
Metric7
Psycho Bob
BMMC1
MustangFanatic07
dodger25
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon..

Post by dodger25 12/22/2008, 7:59 am

Well after checking with Owasso PD and them saying it was alright to do my car up like Barricade from Transformers now they want to say its agaist the law.. I had two cops come knocking on my door yesterday saying that it was agaist the law to have the "police and the "911 emergency response" on the side of the car he also said that i would have to take the lightbar off but as for now the lightbar is staying after futher talk to someone higher than him... So i guess i will have to do magnets for those two emblems now so next time you all see it it might be a lil different.. The funny part of the whole story is they said they had complaints of it "speeding" around town.... are you kidding me?
dodger25
dodger25
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 226
Car Type : 2011 Yellow Blaze GT
First Name : roger
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty Re: Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon..

Post by Guest 12/22/2008, 9:08 am

LOL.. Thats awsome.. so you are getting the police into trouble.. Maybe you should back up into a few peoples driveways and do burnouts and see if they call the police.

Are the decals going to be easily removed or are they going to be a PITA to get off so you cna make them into decals?

Maybe I should get an old pontiac and make me a smokey and the bandit Sheriffs car and see if anyone gets upset.. lol.. That was a lovely shade of poop brown..

Back to top Go down

Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. Empty Re: Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon..

Post by MustangFanatic07 12/22/2008, 10:16 am

what?!?!?! that is b.s

go talk to Dan Yancy,
freakin Owasso popo night crew,

your car just looks fast
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2549
Car Type : 2008 Manual Mustang GT
First Name : Amanda
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 12/22/2008, 10:21 am

Did you get it in writing from them saying it was ok to have all that stuff?
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 12/22/2008, 10:22 am

Try to bring the man down!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 12/22/2008, 11:50 am

how about you look into the actual state, county, and city laws about the matter. there has to be something about it.

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 12/22/2008, 12:11 pm

Here are links to the Oklahoma statutes pertaining to this matter:

1.) Title 47; read sections 12-217; 12-218; and 12-227 - http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/Index.asp?ftdb=STOKST47&level=1

2.) Title 21, Sec. 61-1533 - http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=436664
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/22/2008, 12:31 pm

They said there were complaints so they had more of a case to give you crap about the car. The more they have "against" you the more of a case to have you take the stuff off your car.

I would talk to a lawyer and see what he can dig up about STATE and CITY law rather than what the police officers of owasso say.

I dont see the big deal as long as you dont try and pull anyone over or impercenate a police officer in any act. The car in itself looks like a police car, BUT I dont see that as against the law. I see old firetrucks running around too. People restore those old things and drive them.

There has to be a lawsuit somewhere that someone has one with a similar arguement. Search and find that...show it to a local judge and see where you get.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 12/22/2008, 12:34 pm

man seems like the Police and fire are in the own lil world away from the rest of the city...they never come to any of the christmas parties or events the city holds,
there are a few guys out there that are good.
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by rford426 12/22/2008, 2:16 pm

we should all go by the pd as a crew and see if they wanna play haha spank
rford426
rford426
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 446
Car Type : 2005 Mustang GT
First Name : Ryan
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 12/22/2008, 3:09 pm

if only it were as easy to get smoke out of country as it is to get it into country hahahahahahaha

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dodger25 12/22/2008, 7:07 pm

well i read all of the state statutes and i think its pretty vauge.. i talked to the district attny office before i even showed a police officer and they said that they had to have a case to prosecute it.. Wonder how they would prosecute this one? There is a Mustang running round town that looks like a police car.. They should be able to prosecute that..
dodger25
dodger25
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 12/22/2008, 7:24 pm

well hell, while were at it, lets not let any old folks buy white or grey crown victoria's. this is ridiculous. no offense to any good police officers, but there are too many Mayberry barney fife's running around out there.
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 12/22/2008, 7:41 pm

I talked with my roomate who is a sheriff about this topic. You or I can tell the difference between a real cop car and a fake cop car. However, John Q. Public may not. That where the problem lies. If a person could make reasonable judgement that that is a police car, then there is a problem. With the stickers on there, it is more like a police car than a regular car.

Something else that is food for thought on this subject. Lets say you are driving near or in the wrong part of town. Some young gang banger hates cops is in a bad mood and is going to pull a gun on the next cop he sees. You are not an officer, but he thinks that you are. You just became a statistic of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. This is an extreme example, but very possible.

I honestly see both sides of the issue, and what sucks is neither side has a real clear argument.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dodger25 12/22/2008, 8:17 pm

Well i see both side also but when i take the car to the station light bar on the car logos in hand with the car and they tell me as l;ong as im not trying to pull anyone over its ok and now they say its a problem.. thats where i have a problem especially when some of the cops are taking pictures with my car in uniform...
dodger25
dodger25
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 12/22/2008, 8:26 pm

Hey Roger,

From what I can tell this is all talk and nothing official. Police Officers are not experts in Law they just enforce the obvious. I would not lift a damn finger until I see something in writing. If there are complaints from Citizens then let me review them. If law enforcement is having an issue then write up the complaint so my Lawyer can review it. I am not going to start tearing my car apart without a legal description of what I did wrong.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 364
Car Type : Mustang GT
First Name : Kevin
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 12/22/2008, 8:37 pm

Ditto... you can play the "what if" game all day long... what's the law. Perception is not the law.

I see a black and white Saleen Stang, I know it's not an official cop car. However, John Q Public may not. Just because he's a dumbass does make him right... the law is what's counts. Perception is not the law.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 12/22/2008, 8:39 pm

KevinGT wrote:Hey Roger,

From what I can tell this is all talk and nothing official. Police Officers are not experts in Law they just enforce the obvious. I would not lift a damn finger until I see something in writing. If there are complaints from Citizens then let me review them. If law enforcement is having an issue then write up the complaint so my Lawyer can review it. I am not going to start tearing my car apart without a legal description of what I did wrong.

but I also know you don't F with the law either. Ultimately it comes down to the district attorney to file charges. But they can impound your vehicle as evidence, then go to a trial to convince a court or jury that what you are doing is perfectly legal, not to mention the attorneys fees that would be piled up on top. If it were me, i would just take them off for now and get some sort of ruling from the district attorney before pursuing any further with it. my 2 cents.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 12/22/2008, 8:44 pm

2006GT wrote:Ditto... you can play the "what if" game all day long... what's the law. Perception is not the law.

I see a black and white Saleen Stang, I know it's not an official cop car. However, John Q Public may not. Just because he's a dumbass does make him right... the law is what's counts. Perception is not the law.

No, but if you have a black and white car with a sticker on it that says police, or for emergency dial 911, like rogers does, someone might think that it is a real cop car. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it must be a duck.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 12/22/2008, 8:51 pm

If the city of Owasso really wants to make a fuss about this they will get counseling before moving forward and make sure they are on solid legal ground. The next time you get pulled over for this offense please state the following:

I have obtained legal counsel and would appreciate you giving me a written warning so I can purse this in court. I can't keep getting pulled over so I agree something will need to change.

If you do get dragged into court I think your light bar is what will do you in. You could make a good argument that a functional light bar is over the top. I would probably mount the on/off switch to the lights in my trunk which might help your case. I have seen security company cars that look about the same with full lights and signs.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 12/22/2008, 10:15 pm

When my roommate was in training, the had cars that they were doing the driver training in. When off the course, they had covers for the light bars, because they were not active police officers. They also had nothing on the vehicle either as far as stickers, you might just look into getting some light covers.

Is this a daily driver??
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/22/2008, 10:18 pm

My understanding is that a light bar is legal as long as it is not red and blue or maybe just no red in it because that is reserved for emergency vehicles only and is not legal for the general public to have if I remember correctly. I dont know about much else but I would think they wouldnt care as much because you driving around keeps people driving slow and having to look twice even though you are not a cop. I konw the ex police cars I see the mexicans driving around and a lot of in north tulsa cause me to take a second look..

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinGT 12/22/2008, 10:46 pm

If someone pulled up in that car and started waving me over I would not stop. If I see blue and red lights in my mirror regardless of design I would pull over.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 12/22/2008, 10:58 pm

I'd pull over. I'd be like, "Hey It's Roger!"
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 12/22/2008, 11:39 pm

hey roger i think like you should do a fake pull over just for the heck of it. ya know Just to see what happens
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/23/2008, 12:51 am

I think she just volunteered to bail you out of Jail.. lol..

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 fast 8 12/23/2008, 12:53 am

MustangFanatic07 wrote:hey roger i think like you should do a fake pull over just for the heck of it. ya know Just to see what happens
that sounds like the ideas ppl come up w/ when there r smoking
1 fast 8
1 fast 8
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!

Number of posts : 1708
Car Type : 2008 gt
First Name : kelley
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 12/23/2008, 12:58 am

something else you might wanna try

Owasso PD thinks im the evil Decepticon.. 1-1
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Papi 12/23/2008, 3:19 am

dude what the fuss about. i see so many black and white cop cars of other models on the road coming off the auction yard. some still have them side spot light. i always slow down when i see them untill i see its just a kid and then i fly by them. Them look like cop cars to me. why don't they just paint them all black. no confusion. Now the complaints of a mustang speeding... ha, they just blowing smoke at yah. "I am the law, I am Mr Right." ha ha ha. Just need to do some research on the matter and talk to big boys of the law. maybe you can get a waver or something to show "five O" when they pull you over. Might get a stack of P.B.A. cards also to help out for the cause.
Papi
Papi
I'm Puerto rican Damn it!
I'm Puerto rican Damn it!

Number of posts : 2673
Car Type : 2002 Ford Ranger Tremor & 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
First Name : Hector
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/23/2008, 10:59 am

Jerry you might want to talk to Brad about this, he would probably have the answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next