Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed!

Go down

Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed!

Post by Guest 10/28/2008, 12:12 am

Ok. Today after work I noticed my RPMS going from about 800 to 1000 just up and down up and down. I thought hey its cold outside, I will let it warm up. After it was warm by now, it was doing the same thing. I drove it home with no problem. I then went to my Parents house and it died on me twice. I noticed when I put the clutch in and hit the brakes my RPMS went down to like 500 to 1000 and then die. I reloaded my tune to see if that was the problem... it wasn't. I then popped the hood and it looked like everything was normal until I touched my CAI. The part that connects to the throttle body just popped out. That is why when I hit the brakes the momentum pretty much made the CAI disconnect from my throttle body. I tightened it and fixed the issue! Basic troubleshooting fixes a ton of issues! Instead of taking my time doing the tune, and all the worrying about what it was... I could have saved some time by doing basic troubleshooting. Oh yeah and my driver side window is scratched! I need moleskin and see if the Ford Dealership will replace my window under warranty. Its a deep scratch.

Last edited by Joshua on 10/28/2008, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty Re: Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed!

Post by Guest 10/28/2008, 12:16 am

Glad you found the issue!! as for the window I believe Ford will replace the glass but not the tint. I love my moleskin but I think my passenger side is still getting a little scratched

Last edited by Grabber07' on 10/28/2008, 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed! Empty Re: Why basic troubleshooting is good and Moleskin is needed!

Post by Guest 10/28/2008, 12:18 am

Yeah I haven't tinted the windows yet to see if it would scratch. I will tint after they replace the window and I install some moleskin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 10/28/2008, 8:23 pm

my tint is scratched all to hell and my back window is faded where i was in a freakin car club in fort hood and the decal used to be. think i'll replace it all and add the moleskin this time.

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/9/2008, 9:51 pm

Ok. So Ford replaced my window under warranty! So if you have a scratched window... they should replace it under warranty. Another thing, if you would like some moleskin, this place http://www.tintprotector.com/ford/index.htm has group rates. I thought if someone else is looking at getting moleskin, we could order together to possibly get it cheaper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down