Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to?

+7
07Shelby500
03.sonicblue
shodown
Shelby10'
BASixxer
Metric7
Mark8Murder
11 posters

Go down

Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to?

Post by Mark8Murder 7/5/2011, 3:53 pm

She's headed up the the dealership sometime this week. Anybody know a reputable salesman at the Tulsa dealership that you would recommend? Maybe a long shot, but wanted to help out somebodies friend/family before she just dealt with a random salesperson there.
Mark8Murder
Mark8Murder
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 355
Car Type : 1998 Mark VIII LSC
First Name : Nolan
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty Re: Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to?

Post by Metric7 7/5/2011, 4:05 pm

Tell her to contact them first via the Internet - if she just walks on the lot there will be a feeding frenzy among all the plaid-wearing salesmen to get to her first and someone will get hurt. Most likely her, right in the pocketbook.
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to? Empty Re: Got a friend looking for a new Audi, anybody know a salesman or recommend somebody for her to talk to?

Post by BASixxer 7/5/2011, 4:20 pm

yup. And usually dealerships offer a discount for online referrals...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2813
Car Type : 01 Mustang
First Name : Lee
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.pushmodperformance.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 7/5/2011, 4:32 pm

Walk in knowing about how much the particular Audi she is looking for is worth. Autotrader and Ebay are very good sources to see what people have paid (click on completed listings in ebay, green means the car sold). This way you are walking in with ammunition knowing if you are getting a raw deal.

If she doesnt want to deal with a salesman, call ahead and ask who the manager of the dealership is, then wave off the salesman and go straight to the Manager and deal with him/her when you go up there.

Managers tend to be about the "sale" rather than comission that the "salesman" are looking for. Tell them what you want to pay rather than them telling you. You have the info as you've done the research, tell them to take it or leave it.

Dont be affraid to leave your phone # and walk off the dealership if you dont get what you want. Manager will call you if he wants the sale.

Good luck
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8Murder 7/5/2011, 4:43 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys! I'm going with her to make sure she gets a good deal. I was just curious if anybody has a friend/family member that sells there so we could line their pockets with a commission check instead of somebody else.
Mark8Murder
Mark8Murder
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 7/5/2011, 4:52 pm

ahh I c, sorry I couldnt be more help.
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8Murder 7/5/2011, 5:09 pm

Shelby10' wrote:ahh I c, sorry I couldnt be more help.

Your post was very helpfully, gave me some research to do before we go. Thanks!
Mark8Murder
Mark8Murder
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by shodown 7/5/2011, 5:12 pm

I learned alot
shodown
shodown
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 853
Car Type : Cherokee/Lightning
First Name : Chris
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 7/5/2011, 5:12 pm

Are you looking for new or used?
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 7/5/2011, 5:16 pm

Can't sway her to the Ford dealer instead?
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8Murder 7/5/2011, 5:25 pm

I tried swaying her, she's set on a new Audi....
Mark8Murder
Mark8Murder
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 7/5/2011, 5:58 pm

R8 FTW
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by OKC08GT500 7/6/2011, 11:20 am

The Audi R8 seems to be decent.
OKC08GT500
OKC08GT500
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 67
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT500
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 7/6/2011, 11:29 am

you can tell them i refered you so i get a free check in the mail ;)

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 7/6/2011, 3:51 pm

Another tip if you are buying new, try to buy from the inventory on the lot. Dealers get a holdback from the manutacturer on vehicles, typically around 1-3% on the invoice price. Its money paid from the manufacturer to the dealer. If a dealer has to bring a car in, they loose the holdback. Also try to find the oldest vehicle on the lot, this will be the ones they are most willing to deal on.

my .02
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8Murder 7/6/2011, 4:12 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the advice!!
Mark8Murder
Mark8Murder
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by cobradoc 7/6/2011, 4:53 pm

If she's the kind of person who keeps a car a long time,I would not buy a Audi or VW.I work on them almost daily and they have a fair share of issues.If she only keeps them for the warranty period,she'll be happy.Lots of transmission issues that are outrageous to repair and host of other things.They are neat but your stuck with one dealer here in town and they know it.Remember i's a business transaction,leave the emotions at home.Good Luck.

cobradoc
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 122
Car Type : 03 Cobra
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-01-07

http://www.pinnaclerepairs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8Murder 7/6/2011, 5:11 pm

cobradoc wrote:If she's the kind of person who keeps a car a long time,I would not buy a Audi or VW.I work on them almost daily and they have a fair share of issues.If she only keeps them for the warranty period,she'll be happy.Lots of transmission issues that are outrageous to repair and host of other things.They are neat but your stuck with one dealer here in town and they know it.Remember i's a business transaction,leave the emotions at home.Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice, she only keeps them for a 2-3yrs and trades them in. She's been getting Cadillac's since I've known her and is set on an Audi now. Looks like we'll be headed up there in the morning sometime.
Mark8Murder
Mark8Murder
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by OKC08GT500 7/7/2011, 3:49 pm

cobradoc wrote:If she's the kind of person who keeps a car a long time,I would not buy a Audi or VW.I work on them almost daily and they have a fair share of issues.If she only keeps them for the warranty period,she'll be happy.Lots of transmission issues that are outrageous to repair and host of other things.They are neat but your stuck with one dealer here in town and they know it.Remember i's a business transaction,leave the emotions at home.Good Luck.

We love our VW Touareg and have never had any problems with it at all. It is the most comfortable SUV I have ever had and it laughs at ice and snow. We are looking at getting a TDI Touareg but they are sold before they hit the lots.
OKC08GT500
OKC08GT500
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 67
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT500
Registration date : 2010-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by cobradoc 7/7/2011, 4:49 pm

Glad you have had good luck.

cobradoc
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 122
Car Type : 03 Cobra
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-01-07

http://www.pinnaclerepairs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down