Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

We've lost a friend and fellow member.

+4
07Shelby500
ARMORINE
Metric7
BMMC1
8 posters

Go down

We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty We've lost a friend and fellow member.

Post by BMMC1 9/6/2010, 11:26 pm

I have some sad news to share. Our friend and fellow member Bob Pool (TTOWNBOBBYD) has passed away. Bob has been a BMMC member since the club's beginning. In fact, he was one of the original founding board members and assisted in making BMMC a great Club. Bob retired as board member a couple years ago due to health concerns but still tried to make as many events as he could.

I'm in contact with Bob's son Jack and they are still in the process of finalizing the arrangements. I'm sure we'll do a cruise of sorts to the service. I'll post details as so as I get them. Please stay tuned. In the mean time, please keep Jack and the rest of his family in your prayers.

Call him "Blingy Bob" or "Grumpy Old Man" or just "Bob"... he will be missed. I know I will miss his humor and friendship. RIP Bobby.

Here's a few pics. If you have you're own please feel free to share them!

We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Tnt_no10

We've lost a friend and fellow member.  101_0510
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty Re: We've lost a friend and fellow member.

Post by Metric7 9/6/2010, 11:46 pm

Very sad news indeed. I noticed at car shows that every time Bob opened the hood to his Mustang he drew the biggest number of lookers of all of us - he spent a lot of time and money on that ride and you could tell he enjoyed it tremendously. How about if we leave an empty space in the middle of our parked cars at the remainder of the shows the club attends this year - sort of our own "missing man" tribute to Bob.
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

We've lost a friend and fellow member.  Empty Re: We've lost a friend and fellow member.

Post by ARMORINE 9/7/2010, 12:00 am

groupset wrote:Very sad news indeed. I noticed at car shows that every time Bob opened the hood to his Mustang he drew the biggest number of lookers of all of us - he spent a lot of time and money on that ride and you could tell he enjoyed it tremendously. How about if we leave an empty space in the middle of our parked cars at the remainder of the shows the club attends this year - sort of our own "missing man" tribute to Bob.

i second this. maybe make a sign or something to put there.

i didn't know you very well bob but i know you had a passion for mustangs that's an inspiration for us all
ARMORINE
ARMORINE
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 9/7/2010, 12:03 am

Love the idea!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/7/2010, 8:06 am

Very sad news indeed. That's the call that no one wants to receive. I love the idea of the missing man car show idea.

Bob was a great friend and I will remember him as a great inspiration to the club, to my own mustangs, and to my life. I have many great memories of the man we called "Blingy Bob" because of his almost obsessive modding of his beloved mustang. I remember one occasion where Bob had invited me to attend the national show in Mustang Ok. It wasn't a show that the rest of the club planned to attend so I was reluctant to go, but Bob convinced me to go and said he would be sure it would be worth my while to attend. So reluctantly I made the drive with my son Andrew. When we arrived I called Bob to find out if he was there already and where I should park. Bob tells me he is there and that I should register and park in my respective class then come find him near the PSE display and that he had a surprise. Of course Bob wouldn't say what it was. So after getting settled in I head off to find Bob my mind racing wondering what he had modded on his car. Never expecting what I found when I found him. Bob in typical Blingy Bob fashion had done a major overhaul which included his car being outfitted with a new Roushcharger, and suspension and brake upgrades, new wheels and many extras. I was floored. It was just awesome. When I asked him why he decided to do all the upgrades he paused and said he just had to keep up with his brother and his new Ford GT. He and I Laughed and went on to enjoy the show.

Just one of the many good times I will remember with my Friend Bob.

I'll miss ya buddy!
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/7/2010, 9:33 am

I love the Missing Man idea. I can easily make a sign, easel type thing for the spot where he would have been. Let me know what to do, I'll get it done.

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 9/7/2010, 10:24 am

Excellent Idea Sandy! Go for it!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/7/2010, 10:46 am

Send me some info, or ideas. I did not have the honor of knowing Bob, so some input would be great.

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 9/7/2010, 1:02 pm

I just got to know Bob last year. As he got back into good health, he came out more with the club as he could. I had always heard about Blingy Bob, but had not been able to meet him. He joined up with us last year at the Bartlesville car show. It was a warm day and a long car show. Bob started to get a little tuckered out towards the end of the show so he went to the car to sit and take a nap. A short while later everyone at the show goes up to the car and starts peering in to see what Bob is up to. He awakes and see all of us looking at him and the car and just starts to laugh. What is even better is he hits the horn to scare us of. Bob, being the king of bling had even upgraded to an extremely loud air horn for his car. The moment was priceless, and one you really needed to be there for.

I also got the privelage to do some detailing for him last year before the Shelby show. He was very proud of his car, and to Bob's defense it is a really nice car. Bob enjoyed very much talking about his car, showing off what he had done, and displayng it for everyone to see. I had only met him once, and he gave me the keys to his car to detail. He invited me into his house afterwards to show me youtube videos of mustangs. He was a great guy, a good friend and will be missed.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/7/2010, 1:16 pm

Great memory Jerry. Thanks for sharing. I remember the air horn incident quite well. Those are the memories we should all cherish and is the main goal of the club since the early days with Bob. Having fun and making friends while enjoying our cars.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy53 9/7/2010, 2:59 pm

Been out of town,sorry to hear about Bob.We lost a member in the dragin masters and one in the pontiac club,both with adrenal cancer this weekend.All will be missed,Tony
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/7/2010, 6:47 pm

Hate to hear it, very good guy he liked the bling. rip

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy53 9/7/2010, 8:22 pm

I remember when we went to okc for his car to be tuned.He was a bundle of nerves.When that supercharger started to spool he almost passed out.
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad5.0 9/7/2010, 9:02 pm

im happy to say i rode with bob the first time he tore up hallet raceway, came around the corner and hit 130 on the stretch in no time, the look on his face was priceless. he LOVED that supercharger. known bob since 06, he was a great man, and a great friend. and by golly, his car was amazing. oh and heres one a couple of us will remember from the 2008 mid america... " i bet that'l snap 'ur neck in half". Bob got a hell of a kick outta that. good times. we will miss ya bob! now i know i got someone looking over me and keeping me safe on the road. :)
Bad5.0
Bad5.0
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 411
Car Type : 5.0L Pushrod
First Name : Android
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/7/2010, 9:07 pm

Tony That was funny. Almost like when Paul was drilling his hood for pins and ge couldn't watch. Lol. Paul do you have that picture?

Reading these stories of how we were all touched in sone way by Bob is amazing. I feel blessed to have known him if even for such a seemingly fleeting moment in time.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/7/2010, 11:05 pm

Sorry to hear, never met him, but sounds like a great guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/8/2010, 12:27 am

You will be missed Bob. RIP man

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 9/8/2010, 9:43 pm

All...

I talked with Jack (Bob's son). It seems Bob is still being grumpy.... His last wishes were a short and sweet graveside family only funeral. Of course the family is honoring these wishes.

So... as of now there will be no formal ceremony. However. We have another idea. Stay tuned for details...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/9/2010, 8:37 pm

We are putting together a memory video of Bob and the club. We would like any pictures or video that you have of Bob or his car so that we may include them in the video. Please send what you have to boldmovestulsa@gmail.com
Thanks!
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07_427R 2/18/2011, 8:34 pm

I was truly shocked to hear of Bob's passing. I really enjoyed his company at the events we both attended. I still have some of his emails he sent me. RIP Bob!!!

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 961
Car Type : Nothin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down