Log in

I forgot my password

Poll
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Pulled the trigger today

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Leonard 95 on 4/23/2011, 7:50 pm

Supersnake wrote:
Hey David talked with Kelly Summers best he would do was sticker no more no less....

Thats how they been selling them for last four years, even when I got mine, sticker no more/no less. I guess you got a special deal, congrats! Just like the owned comment by Paul, its all good!
avatar
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Age : 42
Location : Bixby
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by ShelbyJosh'09 on 4/23/2011, 7:56 pm

Leonard 95 wrote:
Supersnake wrote:
Hey David talked with Kelly Summers best he would do was sticker no more no less....

Thats how they been selling them for last four years, even when I got mine, sticker no more/no less. I guess you got a special deal, congrats! Just like the owned comment by Paul, its all good!

That's nice to know. Back in 2008, I tried Joe Cooper and Ford United. Both wanted over sticker value. I was able to score mine for a little under sticker elsewhere. I'll have to consider BKF and Hurley next time.
avatar
ShelbyJosh'09
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 195
Age : 38
Location : Tulsa,OK
Car Type : "Arrest Me Red" Shelby GT500
First Name : Joshua
Registration date : 2010-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 9:10 pm


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 9:59 pm

Hey David got mine the same time you did. Got it for sticker no more no less. And thankful it was sticker lots of dealers were still getting ADM's.
avatar
Supersnake
2011 Challenge Winner!
2011 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 389
Age : 58
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:03 pm

SuperSnake Alcoa Center Caps



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-SuperSnake-Alcoa-Center-Caps-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2310267f8bQQitemZ150594813835QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182


Last edited by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 10:09 pm

No offense to anyone, but there is no car out there that is worth more than what the manufacturer lists it for.

Mike Im glad you got a good deal, cant wait to see the monster when its done.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:32 pm

A car is worth what what the Market will bare.

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:34 pm

Supersnake Brake Kit

http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=577



http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-brakes-big-brake-kits-baer-c-8485_9005_9011_9013/baer-2010-gt500-exteme-plus-6-piston-front-brake-system-shelby-p-31945




Atomic has a slightly cheaper price

http://www.atomicperformance.com/BaerShelbyExtremePlusBrakeKit.aspx

Stage 3 also has a selection

https://ssl.zoovy.com/stage3motorsports/c=ewkChSR1FKla1HE8xM9PXVX7f/s=stage3motorsports.com/product/B4261112-RB/2005-2011-Mustang-GT-Baer-Brakes-Extreme-Plus-Shelby-Front-System---Red-Calipers.html


Last edited by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by hutchenstein on 4/23/2011, 10:39 pm

after witnessing this thread I think it begs the question: Does Jarrod do anything at all with his life other than troll the internet looking for car parts?
avatar
hutchenstein
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 499
Age : 28
Location : Tulsa
Car Type : 1995 Mustang v6
First Name : Isaac
Registration date : 2010-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:41 pm

hutchenstein wrote:after witnessing this thread I think it begs the question: Does Jarrod do anything at all with his life other than troll the internet looking for car parts?

You caught me....you caught the tator

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Leonard 95 on 4/23/2011, 10:41 pm

hutchenstein wrote:after witnessing this thread I think it begs the question: Does Jarrod do anything at all with his life other than troll the internet looking for car parts?

nope! lol!
avatar
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Age : 42
Location : Bixby
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by hutchenstein on 4/23/2011, 10:45 pm

now if only we could find some way to make Jarrod buy us car parts rather than just making suggestions......
avatar
hutchenstein
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 499
Age : 28
Location : Tulsa
Car Type : 1995 Mustang v6
First Name : Isaac
Registration date : 2010-11-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 10:49 pm

Shelby10' wrote:A car is worth what what the Market will bare.

And dealers love the idiots who help it out

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 10:51 pm

hutchenstein wrote:after witnessing this thread I think it begs the question: Does Jarrod do anything at all with his life other than troll the internet looking for car parts?

Its amazing how fast google pops up the information he quotes, but yes he does spend all day on the internet. Sometimes its hard to believe we have wives shifty

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 10:55 pm

Mike not sure if the fuel rails on the '12 are identicle to the 07-10, but found an article on the Fore Precision Fuel rails.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/511836-new-fore-precision-works-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails.html

High Flow fuel rails

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-fore-precision-works-c-8485_8913_8977_8980/fore-precision-works-2010-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails-p-31839



Mike there is a Shelby Rail option. Not sure how much flow these provide though.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-shelby-c-8485_8913_8977_10490/shelby-07-2011-gt500-high-performance-fuel-rail-kit-p-35129


_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 10:59 pm

Shelby10' wrote:SuperSnake Alcoa Center Caps



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-SuperSnake-Alcoa-Center-Caps-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2310267f8bQQitemZ150594813835QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

those are not supersnake centers. someone is trying to pull the wool over on someone
avatar
Supersnake
2011 Challenge Winner!
2011 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 389
Age : 58
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:02 pm

Here is the wideband I was talking about Mike. Its one of the most accurate aftermarket widebands on the market and one I trust when used with the NTK sensor. This kit doesnt say whether it includes a bosch or NTK, but the NTK sensor is easy to find.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-widebands-ngk-c-8485_9523_9529/ngk-powerdex-afx-wideband-air-fuel-ratio-monitor-kit-p-33505



Might be able to mount it discreetly just to check it every now and then.


_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 11:04 pm

Shelby10' wrote:Mike not sure if the fuel rails on the '12 are identicle to the 07-10, but found an article on the Fore Precision Fuel rails.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/511836-new-fore-precision-works-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails.html

High Flow fuel rails

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-fore-precision-works-c-8485_8913_8977_8980/fore-precision-works-2010-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails-p-31839



Mike there is a Shelby Rail option. Not sure how much flow these provide though.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-shelby-c-8485_8913_8977_10490/shelby-07-2011-gt500-high-performance-fuel-rail-kit-p-35129


gotta go with the black. saw these earlier good looking about $330 a set


Last edited by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Supersnake
2011 Challenge Winner!
2011 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 389
Age : 58
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:06 pm

Supersnake wrote:
Shelby10' wrote:SuperSnake Alcoa Center Caps



http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-SuperSnake-Alcoa-Center-Caps-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2310267f8bQQitemZ150594813835QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

those are not supersnake centers. someone is trying to pull the wool over on someone

People always trying to make a buck

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 11:06 pm

Shelby10' wrote:Here is the wideband I was talking about Mike. Its one of the most accurate aftermarket widebands on the market and one I trust when used with the NTK sensor. This kit doesnt say whether it includes a bosch or NTK, but the NTK sensor is easy to find.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-widebands-ngk-c-8485_9523_9529/ngk-powerdex-afx-wideband-air-fuel-ratio-monitor-kit-p-33505



Might be able to mount it discreetly just to check it every now and then.


Hope that's a/f ratio and not my quarter mile time.....
avatar
Supersnake
2011 Challenge Winner!
2011 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 389
Age : 58
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 11:07 pm

Innovate is actually a pretty good wideband company also, they just came out with a new kit with a gauge. MTX-L I believe.

But I dont have a 500, so maybe my info is not as good?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:07 pm

Supersnake wrote:
Shelby10' wrote:Mike not sure if the fuel rails on the '12 are identicle to the 07-10, but found an article on the Fore Precision Fuel rails.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/511836-new-fore-precision-works-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails.html

High Flow fuel rails

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-fore-precision-works-c-8485_8913_8977_8980/fore-precision-works-2010-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails-p-31839



Mike there is a Shelby Rail option. Not sure how much flow these provide though.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-shelby-c-8485_8913_8977_10490/shelby-07-2011-gt500-high-performance-fuel-rail-kit-p-35129


gotta go with the black. saw these earlier good looking about $435 a set

The Lethal link I posted shows $319? Did I post the wrong ones or is this not the complete kit?

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 11:10 pm

Shelby10' wrote:
Supersnake wrote:
Shelby10' wrote:Mike not sure if the fuel rails on the '12 are identicle to the 07-10, but found an article on the Fore Precision Fuel rails.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/511836-new-fore-precision-works-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails.html

High Flow fuel rails

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-fore-precision-works-c-8485_8913_8977_8980/fore-precision-works-2010-gt500-high-flow-fuel-rails-p-31839



Mike there is a Shelby Rail option. Not sure how much flow these provide though.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-fuel-delivery-fuel-rails-shelby-c-8485_8913_8977_10490/shelby-07-2011-gt500-high-performance-fuel-rail-kit-p-35129


gotta go with the black. saw these earlier good looking about $435 a set

The Lethal link I posted shows $319? Did I post the wrong ones or is this not the complete kit?

no my bad I meant $330
avatar
Supersnake
2011 Challenge Winner!
2011 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 389
Age : 58
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:12 pm

shodown wrote:Innovate is actually a pretty good wideband company also, they just came out with a new kit with a gauge. MTX-L I believe.

But I dont have a 500, so maybe my info is not as good?

There are many opinions about widebands these days. After my extensive research and reading what the best tuners in the country had to say.....the the AFX is the only wideband worth the money, although it sucks visually and in no way is something I would put out in the open in the car. The square configuration was better for the electronics from what I gathered

Innovative makes some nice gauges, but their accuracy is lacking. They still use a bosch sensor, which are notorious for being junk.

Now if your really wanting lab quality accuracy....an AFM-1000 is the only A/F system Kenne Bell trusts for adjustments, but it costs about $1500. Kurtis at Archangel has one, so your best bet is to jump on the dyno to check the A/F rather than spend the money on an in car gauge.

From what tuners like Jon Lund and Eric Brooks had to say...the AFX is the only wideband with the electronics and sensor to be remotely accurate. Some of the innovative stuff is almost a point off in some cases, tuning off that would be dangerous

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 11:17 pm

I forgot I was going against Jarrod 1.0 lol!

I was just basing my opinon also, but like I said, mine isnt 500 related so I will shut up. Never heard of the one you mentioned, just though I would throw out MY opinion, from MY extensive research. But again my research was from the ligthning community, and just not the same. Time to crawl back to my hole

Goodbye

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:25 pm

Here is the 25 page thread all about "what is the best Wideband" and has nothing to do with the GT500, all widebands work the same way.

This thread really is great reading and enlightened me on a lot that I really didnt know.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php/118587-Tuning-Dyno-A-F-vs-Wideband-A-F

Another website with some good info and also gives the nod to the AFX

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21019

Originally Posted by AFR Pro
Air Fuel Ratio Reference Information: Posted 9/25/08

There appears to be a great amount of confusion in the area of air fuel ratio (AFR) meter readings and accuracy. This issue is very simple and straight forward when facts are presented and opinions are not used. Hello to all who read this post as this is David Darge from Powertrain Electronics. My experience and background started in 1985 with being the only USA technical engineer for Horiba Instruments. Horiba held the first UEGO sensor patent (1978) and manufactured the worldís first AFR analyzer called MEXA-101 in 1985. This analyzer being the only solution and early on as over 500 units were purchased by GM, Ford and Chrysler for $10,300 each. I also worked at Whipple Industries and with Kenny-Bell for the past 16 years and have experience using AFR data for well over 6000 hours. In 1998 we decided to market the AFM1000 which is AFR analyzer that is OEM industry tested and recommend by Kenne-Bell and considered a standard by many professionals.

Last year we helped with a test of many AFR meters/analyzers at Westec Performance engine dyno where 10-sensors were installed into a single exhaust collector. All of the data was recorded by Opto-22 (a world leader in data acquisition systems) on a 16-bit DAQ system with isolated channels to prevent any possible offsets caused by ground loops. The reference analyzer selected was the ECM Model 4800 manufactured and supplied by the world wide leader of analyzers. The Model 4800 ($12,000) is used and certified by GM, Ford, Chrysler, EPA and validated by NGK the sensor manufacturer. In fact GM high performance engine assembly plant uses 12 of the 4800ís to test every LS7 or now the LS9 engines everyday. The below test data shows to be very interesting as each meter was tested at various AFRís while monitoring the EGT and battery voltage throughout each test. The complete test data to be posted soon as below is listed a single test at 12.30 AFR. When tested at 10.50 AFR some of the meters showed richer not leaner as indicated by the data below.

Data averaged (200 samples)

Delta from master
AFR Analyzer AFR
12.30 ECM4800 0.00

12.27 AFM1000 -0.02
13.05 PLX M300 +0.75

13.02 Innovate LC1 +0.72
13.34 DynoJet Commander +1.05

12.80 FAST A/F Meter +0.50
12.74 PLX R500 +0.44

1097 EGT (deg F)
13.81 Battery (volts)

FAST is a trademark of Competition Performance
Dynojet Commander is a trademark of Dynojet



"As you can see most of the meters show an AFR leaner from the reference analyzer. The values range from 1.05 AFR leaner to 0.02 AFR richer. The data was averaged to take out any single sample error. In fact in the past we experienced more than one AFR meter reading drifted from 1.0 to 2.0 AFRís plus or minus over time. This makes it impossible for anyone to predict the actual AFR error based on time or previous experience. Some dyno operators claim they can calculate the AFR error and make a correction factor based on time but this is not feasible. One of the AFR meter company warns to not use when the EGT is above 1330 deg F and then sometimes shuts down where the AFM1000 functions well to 1643 deg F. The AFM1000 will provide repeatability of 0.5% over the life time of the sensor with accuracy of better than 1.5% when the air calibration procedure is performed.

The AFR Meter Shootout article in Ford Muscle Magazine is not a true test because a reference analyzer was not used and errors could be caused when a common ground 8-bit data logger was used. Also it is not a proper procedure to hold a sensor near a calibration gas and expect to obtain a reference AFR. You may ask, How would I know that? Well while working at Horiba I wrote the calibration test procedure the automobile OEMs preformed on the MEXA101 and this procedure was not used for this AFR comparison test. Did you ever think, What if poorly rated analyzers were the most accurate and the best rated analyzers were the least accurate? How would you know if this was a valid test unless one included a reference analyzer that is certified in the USA and Europe such as the ECM 4800?

There are many professionals such as Jim Bell at Kenne-Bell and many other professional Ford tuners or engine builders that recommend and trust AFR data provided the AFM1000 when the fuel is gasoline, ethanol or methanol. The AFM1000 uses the best NGK sensor, is validated, well engineered, manufactured and tested by the world wide leader in air fuel ratio analyzers. In fact the AFM1000 uses the same NGK laboratory grade UEGO sensor as the Horiba Mexa110 and the ECM 4800. If you depend on accurate AFR for your business or performance engine then I would recommend using the AFM1000 and trust the data from now on.

As an addendum to this post, Mr. Darge has privately communicated that for the budget minded consumer and performance enthusiast, the NGK AFX (which is nothing more than an AFM-1600 with a modified display), tho not as accurate as an AFM-1000, is the best and most reliable of the "budget widebands" on the market. Although the AFX comes with a Bosch sensor by default, it is recommend to upgrade to the NTK sensor (approx. $150)."

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:32 pm

shodown wrote:I forgot I was going against Jarrod 1.0 lol!

I was just basing my opinon also, but like I said, mine isnt 500 related so I will shut up. Never heard of the one you mentioned, just though I would throw out MY opinion, from MY extensive research. But again my research was from the ligthning community, and just not the same. Time to crawl back to my hole

Goodbye

Your opinion matters...Im sure there are a lot of people out there running widebands that they deam accurate. The problem with those people that say "its accurate trust me" is that how do you know its accurate?

The only way to tell is by jumping on a dyno that has an AFM-1000 A/F system to verify....most dont do that. They go off of articles that say "accurate within .1" which leaves me with a lot of discomfort.

I am not saying by any means that these innovative gauges the lightening owners use are not accurate. I am just relaying information that some of the most respected tuners in the country have said. Read the article I posted above from Modularfords. YOu will find a lot of people that swear by their A/F gauges, but none can say they verified their readings on an actual lab quality A/F gauge like the AFM-1000.

That thread really is a good read and I suggest anyone looking into getting a Wideband setup read it and develop their own opinion.

Just dont want anyone wasting their money....I mean no disrespect Chris.


Last edited by Shelby10' on 4/23/2011, 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Sold, but not forgotten:
2010 Shelby GT500
2008 JSB Z06
avatar
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 11:33 pm

posted 2008, so roughly 3 years ago? again, just thought I would throw out what I am seeing everyone use in the forums i frequent these days. Not saying either one is right or wrong.

and if you want what some consider true wideband, aka both banks try FAST, very big and uncool looking to mount, but seems to be one of the most "accurate".... again, where I am reading

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mt.htm

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Supersnake on 4/23/2011, 11:33 pm

Good read thank you sir
avatar
Supersnake
2011 Challenge Winner!
2011 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 389
Age : 58
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-12-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Guest on 4/23/2011, 11:36 pm

Im just giving you a hard time Jarrod

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Pulled the trigger today

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum