Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

How much did you pay for your gear install?

+4
ARMORINE
loweredf1
Shelby10'
BASixxer
8 posters

Go down

How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty How much did you pay for your gear install?

Post by BASixxer 1/14/2011, 8:20 pm

Ok, so my buddy and I both have gears, he has 4.10s and I have 3.73s, and ready to get them installed. Problem is, don't know who to trust with the work, or what to expect to pay.

Let's turn to the panel of judges... what did you pay and who did you have do it?

Everyone seems to agree that Benji at BHF is the best, but what does he/they charge? Does he do side jobs? Is he on here?

Keep in mind he has an 8.8", mine is 7.5"
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2813
Car Type : 01 Mustang
First Name : Lee
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.pushmodperformance.com/

Back to top Go down

How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty Re: How much did you pay for your gear install?

Post by Shelby10' 1/14/2011, 9:34 pm

Benji at Bob Hurley installed most of our gears. Does great work. Charged me $200 and does it after hours using BHFs bay and shop tools.

Mine didnt whine one bit. Dont believe Benji is on here....just call him at BHF...tell him your with Bold Moves and ask if hes still doing gears on the side. Im sure he will give you a price if you ask and let you know when hes available.
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

How much did you pay for your gear install? Empty Re: How much did you pay for your gear install?

Post by BASixxer 1/14/2011, 9:59 pm

This isn't something we can do at a Tech Day? LOL... paying more for the install than do you for the gears is a pain...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by loweredf1 1/14/2011, 10:16 pm

i did mine there not to bad. you will need a in/lb torque wrench to check preload on the pinion bearings and a dial indicator with mag base to check backlash on ring. also i used my calipers to measure the head of the pinion and it was the same as the one i took out so i ran the same shims that were in it. they say this is pretty common if your new gears are ford racing. drilled a couple holes in a piece of angle and bolted to the flange to hold the pinion while i torqed it crushing the crush sleeve. which requires quite a bit of force and caution to not go to far. just google search 8.8 gear setup i found some good info before i did mine. But on a side note i do have a little whine from 45-55mph but i am far from the only one that does.
loweredf1
loweredf1
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 274
Car Type : 2009 gt500
First Name : paul
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 1/14/2011, 10:27 pm

hmm...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 1/14/2011, 11:44 pm

i recommend greg gillum, he did my 4.10s in my mustang. no whine AT ALL. he does a great job and charges the same thing as benji.

ARMORINE
ARMORINE
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 1/15/2011, 9:48 pm

I'm sure Benji or Greg would be the way I will go. However I recall there is a new guy on here I haven't met that said he does gears for a living. Might be worth looking into. I've used Benji once before and was pleased with the work.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by SVT03Chris 1/15/2011, 10:26 pm

$200 for a gear install is a damn good deal. Most places will charge A LOT more than that.

I remember when CAR FX tried to get me to pay $1,000 for the gear swap (that did include the gears as well).

I recommend Benji, he did my 06 GT as well.

SVT03Chris
SVT03Chris
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1007
Car Type : 2003 Kenne Bell Cobra
First Name : Chris
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 1/15/2011, 10:57 pm

SVT03Chris wrote:$200 for a gear install is a damn good deal. Most places will charge A LOT more than that.

I remember when CAR FX tried to get me to pay $1,000 for the gear swap (that did include the gears as well).

I recommend Benji, he did my 06 GT as well.

I wonder if CarDfx knows how much of a joke they are locally? I have had conversations with the owner Will on numorous occasions, and I can tell you I have forgotten more than he actually knows about mustangs.

Gears $200....sooo $800 for a 2hr install sounds about right. $400 per hr is classy

I wouldnt go near that shop if someone paid me. The Hurst shifter scam that cardfx tried on me still pisses me off 4 years later....
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 1/15/2011, 11:12 pm

Yep. Scam
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 1/16/2011, 1:10 pm

Very true. Tyler and I have a goal to put carfx out of business.
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 1/16/2011, 1:45 pm

My first negative experience with CarFX was when my cousin and I took our SN95s to buy some MRT louvers for his car after calling MRT to buy them and being told that CarFX could deal with us locally. We were told by Will that he could not help us, as they only dealt with 05-Up.

Second time, had a friend with a GT500 go up there to buy lowering springs, and paid $800 for a set of Eibachs and install. When he came by to show me, I asked what he did with his factory springs and he said he didn't know. We called up there, and Will told him that they didn't think he wanted him, and there was nothing they could use them for so they threw them away! Ok, whatever...

Next day, buddy with an 05 GT comes by, says that he went up there looking for lowering springs, and Will made him a great deal on a set of GT500 springs that he had laying around instead of paying $350 for Eibachs... REALLY??

Told myself I'd never deal with him again, although my CDC Dealer contacted me recently and told me that my contract had been redone, and CarFX is the regional dealer for all Classic Design Concepts products. If I want to continue dealing direct, I much buy threw them. They claim I still get the same dealer discount, but must contact them for all of my sales... Haven't done it yet, just taking the profit margin hit by dealing with my other distributors that get it...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 1/16/2011, 2:02 pm

amentowasso wrote:My first negative experience with CarFX was when my cousin and I took our SN95s to buy some MRT louvers for his car after calling MRT to buy them and being told that CarFX could deal with us locally. We were told by Will that he could not help us, as they only dealt with 05-Up.

Second time, had a friend with a GT500 go up there to buy lowering springs, and paid $800 for a set of Eibachs and install. When he came by to show me, I asked what he did with his factory springs and he said he didn't know. We called up there, and Will told him that they didn't think he wanted him, and there was nothing they could use them for so they threw them away! Ok, whatever...

Next day, buddy with an 05 GT comes by, says that he went up there looking for lowering springs, and Will made him a great deal on a set of GT500 springs that he had laying around instead of paying $350 for Eibachs... REALLY??

Told myself I'd never deal with him again, although my CDC Dealer contacted me recently and told me that my contract had been redone, and CarFX is the regional dealer for all Classic Design Concepts products. If I want to continue dealing direct, I much buy threw them. They claim I still get the same dealer discount, but must contact them for all of my sales... Haven't done it yet, just taking the profit margin hit by dealing with my other distributors that get it...

Big problems with CarFX: OVERCHARGE on price of product and INSANE prices on install, dont dyno tune their own supercharger installs, and knowledge is lacking.

You can get Eibachs for around $225-$250....sooo they charged $550 for a 1hr install on your buddies GT500? RIDICULOUS The club has installed numerous lowering springs on our club members rides....takes less than an hour with help.

My advice to you....DONT DEAL LOCALLY. Order everything online and install it yourself or install it on a club tech day. I used to have CDC Louvers on my 07... bought direct from CDC due to Will trying to charge me $150 more than I could get online...then wanted another $150 for install. Do they really think I am that stupid? Insults my intelligence.

Bottom line....they like dealing with people with money that dont have the knowledge or time to do it themselves....so they charge crazy outrages prices on products and installs on unsuspecting customers....and the customers pay it due to lack of experience and research.

If he would have priced his products reasonably and charged realistic prices for install he would have a lot more business. Most of the mustang community doesnt go to Will due to these issues and hes missing out.

But no worries....he cant compete with ONLINE or good old fashion TECH DAYS!
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 1/16/2011, 3:22 pm

This was right before i started the online distribution... dont just buy online, BUY DLSPEED!

LOL
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 1/16/2011, 3:31 pm

What Jarrod said...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 1/16/2011, 4:15 pm

any one want to discuss brake failure from carfx install?? blowup

still cant believe that crap
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 1/16/2011, 5:51 pm

lol I am not charging enough for spring install, I think we did mckays v6 car in like 30-40 minutes using floor jacks. I can do them at work in about 25 minutes.
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Car Type : 08 GT500
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 1/16/2011, 11:27 pm

Leonard 95 wrote:lol I am not charging enough for spring install, I think we did mckays v6 car in like 30-40 minutes using floor jacks. I can do them at work in about 25 minutes.

thats cause your good at what you do, hence the reason you work on my car applause
ARMORINE
ARMORINE

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 1/16/2011, 11:43 pm

Leonard 95 wrote:lol I am not charging enough for spring install, I think we did mckays v6 car in like 30-40 minutes using floor jacks. I can do them at work in about 25 minutes.

Yea tyler and i wouldve had mine done in about 45 if i had bought the right springs... doh!
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down