Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Why no love for Mods Vs Rods?

+2
Oldokie
ruger311
6 posters

Go down

Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty Why no love for Mods Vs Rods?

Post by ruger311 11/3/2010, 9:38 am

Didn't BMMC cancel/reschedule the cruise on the 23rd? I never saw anything going on, on Oct 30th? Why such a lack of participation?

ruger311
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 596
Car Type : 93 Notch
First Name : Steve
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

Why no love for Mods Vs Rods? Empty Re: Why no love for Mods Vs Rods?

Post by Oldokie 11/3/2010, 10:07 am

I personally had tickets to the OU game....
Oldokie
Oldokie
2010 Challenge Winner!
2010 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 2282
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500
First Name : Blair
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 11/3/2010, 10:18 am

I had a busy schedule and couldn't break free. I did drive by on my way out to Owasso. Looks like it was decent turnout
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/3/2010, 10:18 am

Here’s my take.

Last year and the year before was prettydisorganized. I think this turned a lot of people off. Second, we were not made aware of it until late in the game. BMMC was asked for input and to participate. Planning meetings were scheduled and rescheduledand then canceled. Thus, I along withmany others assumed it was not going to happen. I know you guys put it on the TRP websiteearly, but people shouldn’t be expected to scan for info on events such asthis. Then the event setup… many have given their opinions as far as howto run the event (heads up vs. bracket, etc, etc.). For the most part, these ideas seemed to havefallen on deaf ears. Or so, the feedbackI’ve been receiving from the members. Inaddition, a mouth or so before the event, everyone wanted sponsorship money,etc. I’m responsible for the club fundsand it’s my job to make sure they are spent wisely. With no input into the event, this didn’tseem like a good use of our limited club funds.

As far as the fall cruise beingrescheduled, yes this did open up the weekend, however, my weekends are prettymuch booked well in advance (not to mention my car was sitting in the body shop) , not sure about some of the other membersbut, it sounded like most already had plans.

I think this really has the possibility tobecome a great event. It takes a great deal of work to pull something like thisoff. People have no idea! And the volunteers such as yourself should becommended. I just feel the planning could be better. You gotta start early to get sponsorships andsupport. For next year, you need tostart now.

Just my 2 cents.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ruger311 11/3/2010, 10:53 am

I agree, last year was not organized until the last minute. The first year people had a great time but did not like the one and done race, so it was changed last year.

I saw that this year needed a change and began work on it in Jan/Feb posted up plenty of times about how it should be ran took a vote and the voted outcome was how the race was ran again this year. IT took a lot of negotiating/begging to even get put on the TRP schedule. With this being said I guess there was a fallout on posting up on the BMMC website.

But like most other website/clubs/forums/etc many people bounce around from site to site. It should have been addressed but wasn't.

The weather played a role in this years fallout as well. Everyone is busy and everyone makes plans prior to their weekend off. With the reschedule about 1/2 of the cars that were supposed to race showed up. I know its hard to replan weekends on only a days notice and people that have taken off work only to work the following weekend cant just swap that around fast. The weather really screwed everyone's 23rd weekend up.

Even the diesel trucks suffered

I figured that we woulda seen more participation from BMMC as well as Midwest Mustangs since there were a lot of people that couldn't make it the weekend before either due to the cruise/work/etc. Not much participation from either group.

As far as the meetings etc went, there were none like you said. They fell through due to people conflicting schedules.

I was appreciative for the sponsors that we got for the race and they were duelly noted. Many of the businesses that we hit up said that they needed to know earlier as in end of this year and early next year and they could and would be willing to do something for us next year. Ive already begun getting back in touch with them for next year pending TRP allowing us to have another race.

The T-Shirts came out great with the exception of the image of the cars being just a hair fuzzy up close but if you are 5' away from someone they look great. They were a success and I sold all but 11 of the 96 shirts I ordered. ALL proceeds from the shirts went into payouts/plaques for the race.

All said we had 26 cars for the actual race 12 rods and 14 mods. Most of the rods went into the Quick 8 race and paid the winner well. Not to mention seeing some 8 sec passes is always cool! When walking around I counted over 40 mustangs in the pits, some were broke down from qualifying some just didnt race and wanted to participate in the car show.

The Car Show brought in a few more people but a miscommunication with the gate didnt alert every car that came through about the car show so turnout was only around 18 cars which was still pretty good.

In order to for TRP to allow us to have this race or a race like this each year it is going to take a group effort from all clubs/forums/etc not just a few guys pushing it hard to everyone. This event could grow to be something that people out of state will drive in to race. We had a few that were coming from Dallas, Wichita, Springfield that were going to come on the 23rd but of course didn't make it on the 30th.

Just a few quick reminders, this race was originally setup to rival the Buick vs Ford Shootout and was organized the same way the first year. B vs F is a headsup event. Buick vs Ford didnt happen overnight either. This will continue to grow as long as there is interest in another ALL FORD POWERED event at the track. It will continue to grow as long as people still have fun and enjoy the day.

Until some of the newer cars have some money spent on them and become faster the rod cars will probably always have the fastest cars. But the MODS won 2010

Everyone needs to look at this race as another fun day at the track where they can meet/greet people they only know by screenname as well as see what everyone has modified this year on their cars. We had almost 2 hours of TNT after the race. So all in all you could have made 10-12 passes with your car that day

Only one person had an issue with how it was run but only b/c he ended up in the Q8 on accident. Other than that no issues this year.

If in order to get more people to come out a format change is needed it can/will be addressed early again this year. The event went on smoothly and without a hitch this year though.

Also in order for a format change/additional classes during race we will have to have more than the 26 cars come out.

I enjoyed helping with this race this year and enjoyed watching the race myself. I will continue to help promote and organize the race each year as long as there is interest in the race itself if not no reason for me to waste my breath.

We definitely have a following though just need to get a schedule lined out where everyone knows about it and puts it on their calendar!

Hit me up if anyone has suggestions for next year or sponsor information/leads! Steve

ruger311
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by pacettr 11/3/2010, 4:05 pm

Wish more of you guys could have made it out. Weather was great and everyone had a good time.

FWIW, it seemed much more organized this year than last, and there was a Quick 8 for the top 8 cars that leveled the matchups in elims.

Hope for a better turnout next year!!!
pacettr
pacettr
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 86
Car Type : PJ Saleen
First Name : Barrett
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ruger311 11/3/2010, 4:14 pm

i think woulda been cool to keep all the 10sec cars and slower (yes i said 10 is slow, haha) in the mods vs rods race b/c we have all seen what the mods can do with a little bit of mods to their cars

the quick 8 could be turned into quick 2/3/4/5/6/7/8 etc no limit

the pro tree would have been the equalizer i think between some of the 11/12/13 sec cars for sure

ruger311
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by pacettr 11/3/2010, 4:20 pm

Were the elims run on a sportsman? Last year they were pro...?
pacettr
pacettr
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by ruger311 11/3/2010, 4:25 pm

all were on PRO this year, only ones that were on bracket was the TNT guys that came out

ruger311
BMMC Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 11/3/2010, 6:20 pm

i was going to come but i got my timing mixed up..... Barret can vouch for that i called him asking about when it kicked off
ARMORINE
ARMORINE
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by pacettr 11/3/2010, 6:47 pm

ARMORINE wrote:i was going to come but i got my timing mixed up..... Barret can vouch for that i called him asking about when it kicked off

What are you talking about? beerdrink
pacettr
pacettr
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down