Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
big name tuner Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
big name tuner Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
big name tuner Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
big name tuner Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
big name tuner Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
big name tuner Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
big name tuner Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
big name tuner Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
big name tuner Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
big name tuner Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

big name tuner

3 posters

Go down

big name tuner Empty big name tuner

Post by 08 stang 4/18/2009, 10:40 pm

hello guys,
question;if i can get a big name tuner to dallas to tune my car would any of you be interested in driving down to get yours tuned? i'm talkin like eric brooks,chris rose,some1 from brenspeed a real tuner.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 101
Car Type : 08 gt
First Name : kevin
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

big name tuner Empty Re: big name tuner

Post by 1 fast 8 4/18/2009, 11:18 pm

we have a tuner here in the club. his name isnt big (only 4 letters) matter of fact he isnt big either. not going to say hes short but he doesnt need to put a car on a lift. u can private message kbcal.oh and by the way he WILL get to your car when he says.
1 fast 8
1 fast 8
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!

Number of posts : 1708
Car Type : 2008 gt
First Name : kelley
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dein 4/19/2009, 1:00 pm

1 fast 8 wrote:we have a tuner here in the club. his name isnt big (only 4 letters) matter of fact he isnt big either. not going to say hes short but he doesnt need to put a car on a lift. u can private message kbcal.oh and by the way he WILL get to your car when he says.

Hahaha... Greg is kinda short.... but he's an awsome guy! hahaha.... Kelly, your so funny lol!

On the other hand, Kelly, you could probably hold up the car, if Greg had to get undernieght it!

Dein
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1582
Car Type : 2003 Cobra
First Name : Dein
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/19/2009, 5:34 pm

sorry greg, didnt mean anything by this post didn't relize you tuned. i have had so much trouble with the transmission tune in my car i gotta get some help from somewhere.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 fast 8 4/19/2009, 11:14 pm

Black08_427R wrote:
1 fast 8 wrote:we have a tuner here in the club. his name isnt big (only 4 letters) matter of fact he isnt big either. not going to say hes short but he doesnt need to put a car on a lift. u can private message kbcal.oh and by the way he WILL get to your car when he says.

Hahaha... Greg is kinda short.... but he's an awsome guy! hahaha.... Kelly, your so funny lol!

On the other hand, Kelly, you could probably hold up the car, if Greg had to get undernieght it!
funny dein but my gut isnt that firm car might shift
1 fast 8
1 fast 8

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 fast 8 4/19/2009, 11:16 pm

listen to gregs voicemail says sorry i cant get to the phone right now so i asked him if someone keeps putting on the top shelf
1 fast 8
1 fast 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Dein 4/19/2009, 11:21 pm

1 fast 8 wrote:listen to gregs voicemail says sorry i cant get to the phone right now so i asked him if someone keeps putting on the top shelf

funnypost

Dein
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1582
Car Type : 2003 Cobra
First Name : Dein
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 fast 8 4/19/2009, 11:23 pm

yea funnypost to everyone but greg and paul Poke
1 fast 8
1 fast 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 12:43 am

you all are mean. LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 10:40 am

Hey Kevin....Greg is a local tuner that could probably chase down those tranny grimlins. Whats going on if I may ask? Shift points? Shift firmness? jumping gears?

Eric Brooks is an amazing tuner from what I hear...really knows his stuff. I would start local though and see if someone here can chase down the issue. cheaper that way. THEN if it persists...I would shoot Eric, brenspeed, bamachips some messages and see if one of them can get you squared away.

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/20/2009, 4:03 pm

jarrod , its something in the commanded slip crap in the auto trans, it was just doing wierd stuff in 4th but more hp has caused it to do wierd stuff in 2nd an 3rd. plus i've had it tuned and tuned and the damn 0133 code still comes on. yes i've had these long tubes on this thing for a year and still haven't got the damn check engine light off. lol i finally found alot of my problem.....the guy thats been tuning my car is a cobra and twin turbo guy as in 03,04 cobra's. and he's a great tuner, its just not his style/year cars. after 700.00 worth of tuning i finally talked him into sending my mkv file to another tuner for some help,when the other tuner got the file he called me and said this is jacked up,this looks like a 04 cobra tune. lol i said go figure theres 10 of them sitting outside my tuners shop. my tuner hadn't been to the sct class so he didn't even know you could adjust the drive by wire crap, so who knows what else he doesn't kno, and i don't have the money to piss off again, so i was just going to get chris rose(tillman speed in PA.) to meet me at a good dyno jet in garland tx and tune it right.
ok some more pertinant info; when i got my car i got a mail order tune from chris; then the converter was doing wierd shit(4th gear) chris tried and tried but couldn't figure it out from PA. so i went to dallas to get a dyno tune and get trans tuned.had to go twice before we could get the trans figured out. then i go to track, guess what ,chris's mail order tune outran my dyno tune by 3 tenths. i go backi 3 more times b4 the dyno tuner could outrun chris's mail order tune and he still did't outrun him in the 1/8 we passed him in the 1/4by a 1/10 where the converter problems where (4th gear) in chris's tune. so iv'e been to dallas about 6 or 7 times, spent at least 700.00 plus gas, worn out a set of mickey thompson's tuning instead of racing(where might be some money envolved to replace them) plus the wear on my motor ....are u feeling me yet?lol if theres info u have that i might need greg or any1 let me kno plz thanks.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 4:28 pm

WOW is all I can say...I could literally feel your frustration through the computer haha.

This sounds like a job for a reputable tuner. Have you tried a simple mail order tune from a reputable tuner like (eric brooks, bamachips, brenspeed). I know thats sounds dumb due to all the dynotuning you've had...but if your mods are simple...your file may just need to be re-written by someone that deals with our cars everyday. This could be your NEW basefile for a local dynotuner to adjust from there.

Ive done a little research on your code and came up with some possibilities.

This was pulled from another site.

P0133 - HO2S Sensor Circuit Slow Response (HO2S-11)

Description
The HEGO Monitor checks the HO2S Sensor frequency and amplitude. If during testing the frequency and amplitude were to fall below a calibrated limit, the test will fail.
Contaminated HO2S sensor.
Exhaust leaks.
Shorted /open wiring.
Improper fueling
MAF sensor.
Deteriorating HO2S sensor.
Inlet air leaks.
Access HO2S test results from the Generic OBD-II menu to verify DTC.

What mods do you currently have?? Can you give us a complete list?

Also after doing a little research on the code...it seems to be similar to the code Amorine threw today. Its a basic and common problem for long tubes. It can happen out of the blue and go away to never return...or happen daily. The Tune needs to be adjusted for the O2 sensors being farther downstream now that the Long tubes repositioned them. The computer assumes they are fouling due to them not sending a signal back fast enough. Your tuner needs to adjust for this. Any of the reputable tuners (bamachips, brenspeed, brooks) can do this via email.

Now for the tranny issue. What do you mean its acting funny? 2-3 and in 4th. Whats it actually doing? how often? When does it usually occur? All the time? early in the mornings after start up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 4:39 pm

I found this post about a similar problem with this code and here is a response backed up by Eric brooks

"Nova6803:

You will need a tune adjustment. Your tuner will increase the O2_delay or O2_transport (can't remember the exact parameter) but it is necessary because the sensors take a little longer to heat up and stay hot. Some people (I am pretty sure the guys who don't have coated LT's) have had to wrap their headers to keep the O2 sensors perking along.

Chris"

Here is Eric Brooks Response:

"Chris is correct, the delay needs to be increased, to allow the 02 sensors to get up to operating temperature.

Contact me via PM and I can help you with this.
Eric"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 4:48 pm

Also do you have aftermarket O2 sensors? or are they true ford?

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/20/2009, 5:22 pm

yes oem ford o2's. and yes i've talked with eric on line. yes they have adjusted my o2's by 10% several times still comes back on. thanks for the info on what may cause it i noticed a little tid bit.(exhaust leak) last time my car was on the lift i noticed a little black on the pipes where the headers go into the x-pipe, could be a leak there huh? i have coated bassani LT (as far as the wrap goes). the trans slips 100 rpm in every gear till 4th then it slips 700rpm (i have data logged it),so it shifts into 4th you think its pulling until at 5500rpm's the converter locks up, the rpm's slide (yes SLIDE)back to 5000 rpm and it starts pulling hard thats when u relize it was slipping the whole time, no1 kno's why. now its doin it in 2nd an 3rd. so im gonna have the converter locked at WOT in every gear this should get me movin. chris said he could mail order it but would take alot of data logging, a wideband will cost me 200.00 and he said he would fly down and tune it for 250.00 so i'll spend the money on a live dyno tune instead of a wideband.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 5:56 pm

Been researching the Tranny issues your having. It seems your not alone.

Read through this thread.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55951&highlight=Transmission+slipping

It seems that the T/C was most likely the culprit. Some have upgraded and even added a tranny cooler to keep the heat down.

Response # 55

"
Originally Posted by psfracer
I have had the same problem the last couple times at the track. On the big end, I would notice the rpms at around 5400, then DROP to 5000, then start picking up again, and my mph has dropped some. I was thinking plugs/fuel also, but it looks like it may be the T/C. Thanks for the post, I think this may be it...

"Don't wait, have it check ASAP because it was that symptom that happened first. Then the surging, then the trouble shifting. If you catch it fast enough, there are a lot less parts that have to be replaced in addition to the upgraded parts."

Sidmanic

Again sounds like you have the stages of possible Auto Tranny failure. It still might be the tune...but if your getting that much slipping I would think about having the tranny checked. Are you still under warranty?

A T/C upgraded along with a trans cooler and trans temp gauge sounds like they need to be on your list. Trans temp should be around 180deg. Spikes on occasion to over 200 but I believe this is normal..should settle around 180.

Again hope its just a tuning issue....but better safe than sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 6:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/20/2009, 6:15 pm

these issues started when we put the tci 3000stall in her. a year ago.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/20/2009, 6:19 pm

i cant get my pos computer to open either 1 of those sites. but thanks for all you help jarrod ill keep trying to read them.
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/20/2009, 6:42 pm

TCI 3000 is a single disc.....If its not the tune I would suspect the converter.

As a last resort you might switch back to the stock converter and see if the problem is still there. Ive heard really good things about the TCI unit....Its a single disc and great for anything up to dang near 400Rwhp. Some have had issues with slipping with the unit..but For every one person that says that...there are 5 that say different.

Try a tuner (cheaper option and less labor intensive) then look at the converter if it still persists.

Sorry Im not more knowledgable on the Autos...wish I had more info for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by 08 stang 4/20/2009, 6:50 pm

i appreciate it jarrod
08 stang
08 stang
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast