Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Got Pulled over this morning:-(

+3
cobradoc
Metric7
07_427R
7 posters

Go down

Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty Got Pulled over this morning:-(

Post by 07_427R 6/28/2011, 8:07 pm

OK so its 3:45am on my way to work. I am in Claremore city limits taking my normal path to get on the Turnpike. This was the 'third' time I have had a city cop either turn around or intercept' me while I am driving thru town. The other two times I guess I passed all his tests and he turned around as I got on the turnpike gate on Highway 20. This time he saw me coming as I was driving towards him and he turned to follow me about 1 mile. I stopped at highway 20 and proceeded to the Turnpike gate. Thats where he hit his lights. I was already getting abit pissed. 3:45am and having worked many 12 hour days recently, I have no patience for games but he caught me doing 28 in a 25 zone and when I turned left on highway 20 I did not stay in the left lane (4 lane highway). I turned left and entered the right lane like a million people do everyday. But thats a traffic violation. He stopped me for no more then maybe 2 minutes. Looked at my license and insurance and said have a nice day. No warning, no tickets. Very polite. Its been 20 years since I have even been pulled over and in 33 years of driving have never had a traffic ticket or accident (knock on wood). I know there are many 'strange' people out doing some not so good deeds at 3am in town but I feel like these cops are over stepping abit over as far as 'securing' the peace. Its not like I am driving on the side walk or doing 60 in a 30 speed zone. I stopped in the Station after work to have a friendly 'chat' with them. Very interesting insite on how midnights operate. Reminds me aliitle bit of Hulbert. They target vehicles no matter if you are doing anything noticeable or not. I find that just abit disturbing. Sorry, had to vent abit. And No, I was not in the Stang, just a little Toyota Corolla.

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 961
Car Type : Nothin
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Got Pulled over this morning:-( Empty Re: Got Pulled over this morning:-(

Post by Metric7 6/28/2011, 8:27 pm

I don't understand why you're upset when you didn't even receive a citation? You need to remember that YOU know who you are and that you're not a threat to society but the cops have no clue who you are; what you're doing; what you're transporting; what you've been snorting/shooting/popping/drinking/huffing; or if you have a dead body in the trunk until they establish PC to stop you and check you out. Also note that shift assignments in most every law enforcement agency are based on seniority within the department - in other words, the most agressive gung-ho still-wet-behind-the-ears-fresh-out-of-the-academy cops will be on midnights, because the old ROD (Retired On Duty) farts with 20 years under their belts have taken all the most desirable day shifts. All those rookies on midnights have been on long enough to know that they have a high percentage of catching a drunk, thief, or all-around bad guy between midnight and 6:00 A.M. with every stop they make. So, doesn't matter what you're driving - if you're out and about at 3:45 A.M. for any reason, expect to be pulled over regularly. Once he figured out you're indeed OK he simply took out the hook and threw you back in. I don't think you want to live in a society where cops never stop anyone on the streets for anything other than the most egregious traffic infractions - I know I don't.
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by cobradoc 6/28/2011, 8:34 pm

You are a law abiding citizen and he saw that so he let you go on your way.What you have to realize is there are a lot of bad things happening in the world these days,like mobile meth labs.TheY generally happen under the cloak of darkness.I understand what your saying but I also understand this is how life is now.I deal with the same thing,I leave at early hours and generally don't get home until the wee hours of the morning,so I get a lot of the up close looks from the officers.Unfortunately we mistake precaution for harassment.Trust me I'm sure most of them would rather stay in the safety of their car,than expose themselves to a potential knuckle head.

cobradoc
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 122
Car Type : 03 Cobra
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-01-07

http://www.pinnaclerepairs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 07_427R 6/28/2011, 8:39 pm

I totally agree with you. Like the officer said at the station, that what I was saying was more of a compliment then anything. He would rather have officers pulling over 'possibilities' then sitting in a coffee shop and he was pleased that an officer was doing something and was professional about it. I guess I am venting cause at 3am I am tired and doing the best I can and he still found reason to tail me till I screwed up. I will have to work harder to get from a-b at that hour of the morning.

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cobradoc 6/28/2011, 8:49 pm

Be a good citizen,be courteous and hey you never know you may a cop as a new friend.I run the same route every day,one day a officer pulls into my shop lot as I am arriving in the morning and says " dude do you ever sleep?I see you at 2am every night and 7 am every morning what gives?My response...Workaholic.He smiles shakes his head and drives off.But he waves every night when I see him.So it's not always abad thing

cobradoc
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 122
Car Type : 03 Cobra
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-01-07

http://www.pinnaclerepairs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 6/28/2011, 9:20 pm

Want to not get pulled over in Claremore? Stay out of Claremore... LOL

used to always get pulled over for stupid stuff when I had my jeep. Same ordeal, I used to work 4pm-2am and would get stopped leaving town to head back to Owasso. Never got me on anything until I ran a stop sign once, but other than that, it's a "better safe than sorry" approach for them.
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2813
Car Type : 01 Mustang
First Name : Lee
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.pushmodperformance.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 07_427R 6/28/2011, 9:30 pm

All good words of wisdom!!! I will try to keep it in perspective. cheers

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/28/2011, 11:29 pm

Could have downshifted and let that pullied eaton come to life and left him in the dust! Would have given him practice chasing down a "criminal" and you a bit of comfort in knowing you didnt stop and he couldnt catch you! Take that Coppa!

ok...kidding
thumbsup

I dont have a problem with being pulled over if I am either speeding, or am breaking any traffic law, but being pulled over becuase its 3:45am and 3:45am only seems a bit "against the law" and a bit abusive of power. Dont police officers have to have probable cause to pull you over? I know the law is broad here, but if I am doing at or just under the speed limit and am obeying every traffic law, I would feel a bit violated if I was pulled over. I understand bad things go on between those hours but my rights need to be protected as well. (this is me playing devils advocate samuri)

On the other had...Im just happy the police are being proactive and probably wouldnt mind being pulled over and let go without a citation :)
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Black5.0 6/28/2011, 11:32 pm

I like your car.

Black5.0
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 71
Car Type : 2011 Mustang 5.0
First Name : Unknown
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by 07_427R 6/29/2011, 9:25 pm

Shelby10' wrote:

ok...kidding
thumbsup

I dont have a problem with being pulled over if I am either speeding, or am breaking any traffic law, but being pulled over becuase its 3:45am and 3:45am only seems a bit "against the law" and a bit abusive of power. Dont police officers have to have probable cause to pull you over? I know the law is broad here, but if I am doing at or just under the speed limit and am obeying every traffic law, I would feel a bit violated if I was pulled over. I understand bad things go on between those hours but my rights need to be protected as well. (this is me playing devils advocate samuri)

On the other had...Im just happy the police are being proactive and probably wouldnt mind being pulled over and let go without a citation :)

I guess that's somewhat of my view point also or I wouldn't have vented abit. No more comments from me.

07_427R
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 6/29/2011, 10:42 pm

Ok... my take. It goes way beyond being pulled over in Claremore, but so do I.

In short.... It's a double edge sword.

Dull side 1: Those of us that are good citizens hate being profiled and pulled over just because it's late or we're driving a sports car, etc. But an officer, TSA agent, or similar person that says that they don't profile, is lying. We all do and to be blunt, that's ok with me. It keeps us vigilant. After all it's wasn't the Chinese that caused 911. And ever since that infamous day, face it, we don't get on a plane and look around for the Asian dudes that look nervous... Do we?

Dull side 2: On the other hand, we hate it when a criminal squeaks through these same checks. We all scream "How could that happen"!? "How could the police not know he was killing baby bunnies!? Look. The world is an imperfect place. Bad things happen and that TSA agent is still gonna feel you up and not buy you dinner. Deal with it.

The Handle or "Shaft"...: I question the time the whole probably cause thing. Bottom line... if a cop wants to pull you over, they will pull you over. "Oh your brake lights were not working". "Ok. now they are working. Must have a short." Whatever... They ARE going to pull you over if they really want to.

Chris next time do this.... Floor it. Get up to a speed ( in excess of 100 mph), get in a wreck and take out a mini van and the family in it, plead to the judge that red and blue blinking lights cause you distress, the ACLU will come to your rescue and you'll make shit tons of money on a book deal.

I kid of course.... but it seems that's the way the Legal system works today. I'm a realist... I know the asshole criminals will plea out of the sentence they should really receive and get something much lighter just the same way I know Jared will continue to want to shove a 3 gazillion CI motor in to an unsuspecting sn95 mustang.

Lee.... if you're lucky. it could be yours! ;)
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/29/2011, 11:01 pm

You have something wrong with you...you know that?

hammer
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 6/29/2011, 11:03 pm

Paul's the one they should be pulling over... smoke
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 6/29/2011, 11:15 pm

Rock
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500