Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

SYNC TECHNOLOGY

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty SYNC TECHNOLOGY

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 4:40 pm

Just throwing this question out there..... is there any way I can install Sync Technology on my stang like the 2010? I have an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC D3 so Im not sure if its compatible. Just a curious question

Back to top Go down

SYNC TECHNOLOGY Empty Re: SYNC TECHNOLOGY

Post by BMMC1 11/21/2008, 4:50 pm

Nope. Won't work with the Avic. The Sync is part of the ford stock head unit.

Next question.

Last edited by 2006GT on 11/21/2008, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 11/21/2008, 4:52 pm

Bearing in mind that anything's possible with enough time and money, I think that by the time you bought all the Ford parts necessary to install the Sync gear (nav; audio components; etc.) you'd have 3-4 times the cash invested in it than you do your D3. I don't think the D3 is compatible with Sync - meaning, you'd probably have to buy all the Ford proprietary gear. And, you still probably couldn't install the nifty wheel-mounted controls that come with the Sync gear. If it makes you feel any better, though, Pioneer makes the guts of the Ford Sync system.
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 4:59 pm

OK DAVID YOUR MAKING MY HEAD HURT,JUST SAY NO. lol! I AM LOOKING AT A UNIT FOR MY CAR THOUGH WERE SHOULD I LOOK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 5:40 pm

I think your right David....You are the Board Electronics Expert. I suppose the Bluetooth and Rearview camera (To better see paul when Im racing him) is what I will start out with.

Sync voice activation would be nice though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 5:48 pm

Ah is that so you can see him coming from the back, then the side, as he goes by you. Getting the whole vantage point of Paul going by you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 11/21/2008, 6:17 pm

NEEDFORSPEED wrote:OK DAVID YOUR MAKING MY HEAD HURT,JUST SAY NO. lol! I AM LOOKING AT A UNIT FOR MY CAR THOUGH WERE SHOULD I LOOK?

PM sent!
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 6:18 pm

Mikeyd3113 wrote:Ah is that so you can see him coming from the back, then the side, as he goes by you. Getting the whole vantage point of Paul going by you.

lol!

NEVER!!!!!!! slapping

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/21/2008, 6:56 pm

[quote="Mikeyd3113"]Ah is that so you can see him coming from the back, then the side, as he goes by you. Getting the whole vantage point of Paul going by you.
quote]

You've just earned yourself the much desired "Paul's two star atta-boy" (with special stars) ranking!

You are the only one with the ranking thus far.... Congrats. Now go for 3 ! then 4 stars!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 7:04 pm

DONT ENCOURAGE HIM DAVID!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 7:32 pm

I don't mean to highjack your thread, but since we are talking about radios.

Anyone know how to get the phone button to work with your cell?

SYNC TECHNOLOGY TRadio

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 7:45 pm

I think every thread that has ever been posted has been hijacked...so anything different wouldnt be normal :) Highjack all you want!!

And that would be a David question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 7:56 pm

Grabber07' wrote:I think every thread that has ever been posted has been hijacked...so anything different wouldnt be normal :) Highjack all you want!!

And that would be a David question

thumbsup

So far I have not been able to find an answer. Sales manager said it was a mute button. I told him the button doesn't work then. LOL When you press it. It says NO PHONE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 8:20 pm

E.T. phoned home once. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/21/2008, 8:36 pm

Interesting. I thought that was a mute for phone call button. It says no phone huh? Wow perhaps you can make a blue tooth connection.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 8:42 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Interesting. I thought that was a mute for phone call button. It says no phone huh? Wow perhaps you can make a blue tooth connection.

Thats what I thought but....no workie beerdrink

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/21/2008, 8:44 pm

Hmmm......I'll do some research on that.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/21/2008, 8:45 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Hmmm......I'll do some research on that.

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/21/2008, 11:06 pm

Mute button for phone... who wants a star???
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/22/2008, 12:44 am

Found this. Not sure if its worth looking into or not. Ive never heard of it.

It is the for the Mobile Ease module. You can use the Parrot set up as well. You can buy the mobile ease module from www.ford.com look in the on-line accessory catalog. the module runs about $400, at least it did for my 08 Limited Expy, installation at the dealership will run you about $250, i paid for it because I'm not real comfortable with taking about the dash of a truck with less than 500 miles on it.....decided to let the professionals handle it! LOL!

FYI the on line catalog will let you search for different years.....I'm guessing there's a listing there for your year....good luck
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 2:40 am

DBLDARE wrote:Found this. Not sure if its worth looking into or not. Ive never heard of it.

It is the for the Mobile Ease module. You can use the Parrot set up as well. You can buy the mobile ease module from www.ford.com look in the on-line accessory catalog. the module runs about $400, at least it did for my 08 Limited Expy, installation at the dealership will run you about $250, i paid for it because I'm not real comfortable with taking about the dash of a truck with less than 500 miles on it.....decided to let the professionals handle it! LOL!

FYI the on line catalog will let you search for different years.....I'm guessing there's a listing there for your year....good luck

Is this the same system or an aftermarket ad on? Im not familiar with this. What are the advatages of this over anything else on the market?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 12:38 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Found this. Not sure if its worth looking into or not. Ive never heard of it.

Wow, $650.00 to make my phone work with the radio? I don't know if I will have the radio in there much longer. I was just hoping for a way to program it or something. Should have known that would not be the case. LOL

Thanks for your help!! thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 3:14 pm

Revit wrote:

Wow, $650.00 to make my phone work with the radio? I don't know if I will have the radio in there much longer. I was just hoping for a way to program it or something. Should have known that would not be the case. LOL

What car is this your referring to? David (our technology goo roo) should have plenty of suggestions for you as a replacment :)

Heck me Jerry (03sonicbluecobra) and David (mineral greyGT) just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 into Jerrys F150 last night....included Bluetooth phone, GPS, MP3 IPOD control, and encorporated his factory steering wheel buttons. Works great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 4:24 pm

Grabber07' wrote:
Revit wrote:

What car is this your referring to? David (our technology goo roo) should have plenty of suggestions for you as a replacment :)

Heck me Jerry (03sonicbluecobra) and David (mineral greyGT) just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 into Jerrys F150 last night....included Bluetooth phone, GPS, MP3 IPOD control, and encorporated his factory steering wheel buttons. Works great!

That should have been mine JARROD. Shafted
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 4:30 pm

Hey I asked Sarah...and she said NO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 4:41 pm

Dont you know anything about woman? No means Yes unless they really mean No and you need to stop because youll go to jail. Alright im off the beatin path.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 11/22/2008, 4:47 pm

Grabber07' wrote:Heck me Jerry (03sonicbluecobra) and David (mineral greyGT) just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 into Jerrys F150 last night....included Bluetooth phone, GPS, MP3 IPOD control, and encorporated his factory steering wheel buttons. Works great!

I don't think you're qualified to include yourself on the installation team, Jarrod - all you did was eat cookies and hold the trouble light! But you did do those two things extremely well. SYNC TECHNOLOGY 852292
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 4:52 pm

groupset wrote:
Grabber07' wrote:Heck me Jerry (03sonicbluecobra) and David (mineral greyGT) just installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 into Jerrys F150 last night....included Bluetooth phone, GPS, MP3 IPOD control, and encorporated his factory steering wheel buttons. Works great!

I don't think you're qualified to include yourself on the installation team, Jarrod - all you did was eat cookies and hold the trouble light! But you did do those two things extremely well. SYNC TECHNOLOGY 852292

Well I told you to tell me where you need me and you said...."Hold the light and their are cookies in the kitchen". applause

I also held the soldering iron....got zip ties....found your snippers, got the Avic off the garage floor, got more zip tires...kept going back fo the soldering iron for screw ups....etc etc...I list goes on.

You guys needed me there...Dont lie!!

But on a serious note...I dont think you could have fit a 3rd guy in the front seat of the truck.....1) that would be awkward and 2) disgusting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 6:58 pm

Grabber07' wrote:
Revit wrote:

The radio in my F-150. Looking to do alot to it after the first of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/22/2008, 6:59 pm

05SatinGT wrote:Dont you know anything about woman? No means Yes unless they really mean No and you need to stop because youll go to jail. Alright im off the beatin path.
lol!

SYNC TECHNOLOGY 852292

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next