Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time.

5 posters

Go down

Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time.

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 10:51 am

I jumped in the car this morning and went to start and it immediatly died and never was close to idleing. I tried 4 times. On the 4th try it was stumbling so i hit the gas a little and then she was fine. I dropped off my daughter at daycare and the car started fine after that. My cold start seems fine because if it has been sitting it will jump up to about 1000rpms and sit then come down after a minute. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty Re: Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time.

Post by 03.sonicblue 11/18/2008, 11:08 am

Get a Heated garage lol!
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. Empty Re: Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time.

Post by carcrazy53 11/18/2008, 11:20 am

Buy a HONDA CIVIC :mooning2:
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 11/18/2008, 11:24 am

Honestly, I have that problem with my truck every now and then. When it gets really cold, it will idle down and then die when it is cold. Once you restart it no problems. I think part of it is the CAI, and the computer not accurately asjusting to the colder tmeperatures, therefore, the motor starving for fuel and dieing. This is just a theory of mine, I am by no means an expert.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/18/2008, 11:26 am

monitor it... probably nothing.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 11:41 am

Its fuel injected people... I shouldnt have any problems. I havent had problems starting my car in the cold since my 82 gt. All other cars started just fine even in a blizzard. Oh and HONDA'S are gay.

On a serious note... I have not had a car with this many MOD'S on it either. I did not know if something may be wrong with the tune or some sensor.

It wasnt even that cold in the garage!!! Now im going to be jittery when it gets colder. Oh and yes Paul I will monitor it as close as I monitor your daily habits like when you eat and sleep and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Oh and it might not be a gooing problem its a GROWING problem...check the prostate bud.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 11/18/2008, 1:07 pm

Interesting. I would do like Paul said and just monitor it and see if it happens again. Most likely just a one time thing. You might clean your air filter and change the fuel filter. Couldn't hurt.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/18/2008, 1:22 pm

I'd also, fill the wiper fluid.... ;)
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 1:36 pm

2006GT wrote:I'd also, fill the wiper fluid.... ;)

I did that and put the toilet water in there just like you said. You said it flushes sh*t so it should be pretty good at getting CRAP off you window. You give excellent advice. Love you paul..
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 1:37 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Interesting. I would do like Paul said and just monitor it and see if it happens again. Most likely just a one time thing. You might clean your air filter and change the fuel filter. Couldn't hurt.

Thanks David. The fuel filter was just changed when ford had it for the bad gas. But I will check the filter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 1:52 pm

OK YOU MUST HAVE HAD LOW VOLTAGE OR YOU WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO JUMP IT. THESE CARS WILL NOT RUN WITH LOW VOLTAGE. WHEN YOU FINALY GOT THE RPMS UP , THE ALTERNATOR DID ITS JOB AND KEPT THE CAR RUNNING. IF YOU HAD A BAD SENSOR YOU WILL GET A CHECK ENG. LIGHT.REMEMBER COLD AND HEAT KILL BATTERIES. JUST MY THOUGHTS,I WAS WRONG ONCE IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 11/18/2008, 1:59 pm

I'd check the blinker fluid
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/18/2008, 2:08 pm

NEEDFORSPEED wrote:OK YOU MUST HAVE HAD LOW VOLTAGE OR YOU WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO JUMP IT. THESE CARS WILL NOT RUN WITH LOW VOLTAGE. WHEN YOU FINALY GOT THE RPMS UP , THE ALTERNATOR DID ITS JOB AND KEPT THE CAR RUNNING. IF YOU HAD A BAD SENSOR YOU WILL GET A CHECK ENG. LIGHT.REMEMBER COLD AND HEAT KILL BATTERIES. JUST MY THOUGHTS,I WAS WRONG ONCE IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO! lol!

Make that twice... He didn't jump it... He jump into it...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy53 11/18/2008, 2:13 pm

He said HE jumped into the car dumb ass. hammer Do you still have the cats and o2 sensors.Just because your damn handsome doesn't mean i'm going to cut you any slack.But your info seems corect.I must get back to my fish fry. popcorn
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/18/2008, 2:15 pm

Is a fish fry like a calf fry? I bet it take s a lot of fish balls to make meal....
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy53 11/18/2008, 2:22 pm

Yes,and it seems like you know alot about balls.Does a jerbar have them?
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/18/2008, 2:30 pm

Jerbear balls are square. Very strange.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 2:47 pm

OK SORRY I MISS READ THE POST. THIS IS IS EXACTLY WHY I AM TRADING FOR A GTO OR CAMARO. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 11/18/2008, 2:52 pm

I'd get a Cvic... The way you drive.... it will be closer to the times you're use to.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 3:10 pm

WELL AT LEAST I DONT HAVE A TOP END SPSPSPUUUUTER.YOU KNOW THAT IS A BIG BOY CAR.

Back to top Go down

Post by carcrazy53 11/18/2008, 3:28 pm

You know he uses a booster seat.A requirement buy TRP for the little people. Car had TROUBLE starting this morning for the first time. 852292
carcrazy53
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 3:47 pm

I have square balls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 11/18/2008, 4:02 pm

dammit jarrod i thought i told you to put those banana's all the way up in his mufflers not just in the tips. see what happens when you do a half arsed job. he hit the gas peddle and they just came flying out. Poke

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 4:04 pm

Psycho Bob wrote:dammit jarrod i thought i told you to put those banana's all the way up in his mufflers not just in the tips. see what happens when you do a half arsed job. he hit the gas peddle and they just came flying out. Poke

I couldnt find a Bananna! I used SPAM...maybe thats where I went wrong? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/18/2008, 5:04 pm

So no one has had this problem? Cause it seems as if this thread went no where but a fishfry, ball bannana tailpipe outing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 11/18/2008, 10:19 pm

maybe your triple webbers aren't tuned right.

on the real though don't remember ever having this problem, but i've also only been in texass with mine and it doesn't get all that cold.

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down