Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models,

+4
Alyssa
BMMC1
07Shelby500
MustangFanatic07
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models,

Post by 03.sonicblue 10/8/2008, 2:25 pm

BlackGT02 wrote: You have to trust them some time and again.. 79mph kills just as much as 90mph... Its not going to stop the accidents.. Most people have an accident within 1 mile of their home and most accidents occur at below 50mph.. Just the facts.. I dont belive that limiting the car to 80 is going to help anything..

Its not the speed that kills you it is the sudden stop!!!
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models, - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford Limits Teens to 80 MPH on 2010 Models,

Post by BMMC1 10/8/2008, 2:37 pm

Not big brother. BIG PARENT!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 10/8/2008, 2:44 pm

I'm more scared for the safety of my child driving because of another negligent careless driver than I am of him doing somthing wrong. The problem in my eyes is that you have to have alot of experience in accident avoidance. I think at least once a day I see someone on the road creating the potential for an accident. Its being able to judge the situation and take the correct action that concerns me. Mostly due to the fact that it's hard to teach someone avoidance. You almost have to learn by doing. This one hits home with me because I have a son that is 16 and has a learners permit and in a few short months will be driving on his own.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/8/2008, 4:38 pm

2006GT wrote:Not big brother. BIG PARENT!

I think we see Eye to Eye on this matter.

That scares me.

applause

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 10/8/2008, 7:44 pm

I might be eating some of my words here but the parents need to have control over their kids. The problem is now a days, its the kids that have control over the parents and the parents have to rely on some techy device to control their kids actions. These devices are no way to regain control. As one of my coworkers says, you cant let the tail wag the dog.
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MrClark 10/8/2008, 7:54 pm

raw... sewage
MrClark
MrClark
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST

Number of posts : 1495
Car Type : 2005 jee tee
First Name : Kirby
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/9/2008, 12:22 am

03.sonicblue wrote:I might be eating some of my words here but the parents need to have control over their kids. The problem is now a days, its the kids that have control over the parents and the parents have to rely on some techy device to control their kids actions. These devices are no way to regain control. As one of my coworkers says, you cant let the tail wag the dog.

Know one is saying to let tech toys to all the parenting. But times have changed and that stuff was not available back in the day to be used or it would have been. I am saying do the best job you can parenting the old fasion way use the tech stuff as a tool. I love my daughter more then anything in the world and i just cant say "well i was raised with out it and my parents trusted me so i should do the same with my daughter". When did everyone get there first cell phone? I was about 16 or 17 and my parents now could get a hold of me so with that mentality you would say that that is dumb too, because that is not how your parents were raised and trusted. Did your parents have cell phones? NO. Now everyone is buying there kids cell phones to make sure they stay in touch and that there kid is just a phone call away. Whats the difference? Technoligy is changing and there are new tools that can be used in parenting. Nanny cams, security systems, you name it were using it to keep us safe and our kids safe and to say that more parenting should be used and less technoligy is assinine. No offense i still love you jerry. Just remember computers have taken over jobs to reduce human error and that is why i agree with utilizing it but not let it parent my child.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrClark 10/9/2008, 9:29 am

raw.... stinky... sewage
MrClark
MrClark
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST
RESIDENT CLUB ARTIST

Number of posts : 1495
Car Type : 2005 jee tee
First Name : Kirby
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/9/2008, 10:54 am

Will someone please go throw Kirby in some sewage before he goes nuts.. He is obviously begging.. At least put a burning bag of dog shit on his porch.. Something.. I obviously cant do it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/9/2008, 11:36 am

Kirby is one weird cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/9/2008, 9:19 pm

ok i think ive got a say in this, seeing as i am about to be driving. lol here we gooo!!! :

i think this whole thing is just dumb. if someone buys there kid a 400RWHP 2010 V8 Mustang, and doesnt want them to exeed 80MPH, then why buy them the car??? its just common sense. i do believe that if a minor has a good paying job, and pays for his own things(insurance, car payments, gas...) and takes out a loan, and leases a new mustang, then they have every right to not have limiters. and now they are trying to limit the stereo volume?? again, if it is there car, then whats the big deal. seriously? now, if for some weird and retarded reason, someone buys there 16 Yo a brand new mustang like mentiond before, then yes, i believe the teen doesnt really have that much say in it.... anyways, thats my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 10/9/2008, 10:06 pm

McKrAzY wrote:ok i think ive got a say in this, seeing as i am about to be driving. lol here we gooo!!! :

i think this whole thing is just dumb. if someone buys there kid a 400RWHP 2010 V8 Mustang, and doesn't want them to exeed 80MPH, then why buy them the car??? its just common sense. i do believe that if a minor has a good paying job, and pays for his own things(insurance, car payments, gas...) and takes out a loan, and leases a new mustang, then they have every right to not have limiters. and now they are trying to limit the stereo volume?? again, if it is there car, then whats the big deal. seriously? now, if for some weird and retarded reason, someone buys there 16 Yo a brand new mustang like mentiond before, then yes, i believe the teen doesnt really have that much say in it.... anyways, thats my opinion.

Your Dad will give you a beat down for this but let ol' Uncle Paul help...

This is the same speech T-Bone gets BTW....This device can be turned off. So... if I, as "Big Daddy" and BUYER of your car so decides to implement this device, I will. Period. When we have father & son day at the track, I'll turn it off. Why, because I'm Daddy. And you can speed at the track. Any questions? Remember I'm the one that bought you the car, thus I make the rules. If you would like to buy your own car. No sweat. Go for it. Let me see what min wage buys... (probably a Ford Fiesta or Geo Metro) But you're not parking that rolling leaky oil can, wreck of a car (which will no doubt be nicknamed the Valdez) in my driveway.

BTW- What's the speed limits on the streets???? Last I saw, 80 is not a speed limit any where in the US OF A. Why do you need to go 80 MPH in town anyways young man????

Bottom line.... Until you are 18 and out of my house AND paying your own bills, you go by my rules. Period and end of story. Any questions? No...

BTW... I have a friend I've known for years that had their daughter's friend "officially" die today (Brain Dead... they pulled the plug) , because her older friend pulled out in front of and was t-boned by a garbage truck yesterday morning on the way to Ice Skating Practice. She was 14 yrs old.... The police mentioned in the report that the radio was cranked up excessively. This kid was like another daughter to him and a sister to his real daughter. They were friends and figure skating since they were 4 yrs old.
http://www.kjrh.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=22d99320-b312-4aea-8272-04f50a407234

Personally.... Going to kids funeral's is the last thing I like to do. Any questions????
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 10/9/2008, 10:53 pm

Damn......I was so sending up prayers for that girl. I'm sad to hear she passed. I had some hope after they had pronounced at the scene and revived her at the hospital.

I have been to many funerals in my day and I can say hands down the one that will always remain in the back of my mind and bring a tear to my eye is one that I attended for a friend of mine whos little brother passed at like 12 years old. It was a freak accident in Broken Arrow. The kid was riding his bike home from a friends house after dark down 71st street. Not sure exactly why but he fell from the bike hit his head on a rock knocking him out, he rolled into the drainage ditch and drown in 4 inches of water. To see this young man in a casket and the emotion from his friends and family broke my heart. I'll never, ever forget it. My point is once you witness somthing like this you understand the importance to protect your children at any cost. Not so say that you have to shield from everything, but if you can control somthing like a car. You do it.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 10/9/2008, 11:18 pm

Yep. She was declared brain dead after they got her back. Spent a good deal of the afternoon with Craig after he came back into work late this afternoon. I can't believe he came in. He was a mess. Their families were real close. I told him to go home. But he just needed to talk to someone. (He knows I lost a child).

His daughter won't be allowed to leave the house until she's 30yrs old plus... ;)
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/9/2008, 11:52 pm

If anyone else rebuttles what david and paul said I will personally stock you for the rest of your life and make you miserable. flame

That sucks guys

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/2008, 4:19 am

2006GT wrote:This device can be turned off. So...

Ok.. Now we are getting to the real flaw in this plan. Paul.. I have a question for ya.. When you were a kid.. I know thats way back there.. But when mom and dad went out for the evening.. Didnt ya crawl outside and take the filters off the cable so you could watch playboy channel? (all the gays just ignore that). I know I did and my parents had no idea. I forged progress reports, I stole dads playboy magazines.. all those kind of things.. Now.. If there is a way to disable the speed control dont you think some kid like me would figure out how to turn it off and not tell mom and dad? Or I would save up the cash for a tuner and just kill it some other way... The criminals are always one step ahead of the cops and the hackers are alwayse one step ahead of the programers.. Again I have kids and I want them to be safe but I just dont see this as the answer.. There are too many flaws in this plan.. I trust that my kids are giong to make good decisions.. They are raised around cars and race tracks and mustangs.. They understand and should respect them. And they are not going to get high horsepower rods to drive then they turn 16.. Hell I got a 79 Capri with a 2.3 and 4 speed.. It wasnt that fast.. I tried to make it go but it wouldnt.. Thats speed control for you.. Kelsey is most likely going to end up with a 2000 - 04 V6 automatic mustang.. They are getting dirt cheap and the mileage is not all that bad and with some GT wheels on them they dont look bad.. She will be fairly speed limited in that but it has dual air bags, anti lock brakes and I can work on it.. People tend to forget that we all survived the world of no seat belts, no car seats and certainly no air bags. I grew up sitting on the center console of a Vette.. I lived through it.. We are so overprotective of our children these days (and I am guilty of it as well) that they are not going to know how to survive.. Its kind of like childrens sports. They dont keep score and no one loses WTF? I want my kids to know they cant always win. If you never lose thats the same as something always being handed to you. How are they going to be able to be competative in the workplace when they get older or in life for that matter. You will see it soon.. It will just be a few more years before the kids of the no one loses and everyone gets a trophey generation enter the real work force.. They are going to be the ones sitting on their asses and wanting to know why they didnt get a raise this year or a promotion becuase you know.. They showed up to work.. what more does "The Man" want?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/2008, 4:23 am

Gee.. I should have read to the end so Justin wouldnt "Stock" me. What kind of box are you going to "Stock" me in? What shelf are you putting me on?

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 10/10/2008, 7:45 am

BlackGT02 wrote:
2006GT wrote:This device can be turned off. So...

Ok.. Now we are getting to the real flaw in this plan. Paul.. I have a question for ya.. When you were a kid.. I know thats way back there.. But when mom and dad went out for the evening.. Didnt ya crawl outside and take the filters off the cable so you could watch playboy channel? (all the gays just ignore that). I know I did and my parents had no idea. I forged progress reports, I stole dads playboy magazines.. all those kind of things.. Now.. If there is a way to disable the speed control dont you think some kid like me would figure out how to turn it off and not tell mom and dad? Or I would save up the cash for a tuner and just kill it some other way... The criminals are always one step ahead of the cops and the hackers are alwayse one step ahead of the programers.. Again I have kids and I want them to be safe but I just dont see this as the answer.. There are too many flaws in this plan.. I trust that my kids are giong to make good decisions.. They are raised around cars and race tracks and mustangs.. They understand and should respect them. And they are not going to get high horsepower rods to drive then they turn 16.. Hell I got a 79 Capri with a 2.3 and 4 speed.. It wasnt that fast.. I tried to make it go but it wouldnt.. Thats speed control for you.. Kelsey is most likely going to end up with a 2000 - 04 V6 automatic mustang.. They are getting dirt cheap and the mileage is not all that bad and with some GT wheels on them they dont look bad.. She will be fairly speed limited in that but it has dual air bags, anti lock brakes and I can work on it.. People tend to forget that we all survived the world of no seat belts, no car seats and certainly no air bags. I grew up sitting on the center console of a Vette.. I lived through it.. We are so overprotective of our children these days (and I am guilty of it as well) that they are not going to know how to survive.. Its kind of like childrens sports. They dont keep score and no one loses WTF? I want my kids to know they cant always win. If you never lose thats the same as something always being handed to you. How are they going to be able to be competative in the workplace when they get older or in life for that matter. You will see it soon.. It will just be a few more years before the kids of the no one loses and everyone gets a trophey generation enter the real work force.. They are going to be the ones sitting on their asses and wanting to know why they didnt get a raise this year or a promotion becuase you know.. They showed up to work.. what more does "The Man" want?

Nice rant...

You're right. I'm going to throw caution to the wind. I'm going to unlock the gun safe, why bother, they'll just pick it anyways. I'm also, going to see if can find some internet preditor online and give him Tylers IM handle. Why protect them, they'll just find away around it.

Being successful in one's career has nothing to do with being tough and not wearing a seatbeat, etc. Ignorance isn't acceptance.... You have to be here to be successful. It's my job to make sure that Tyler is.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/2008, 8:00 am

Ok.. I am out on this.. I wasnt trying to get anyone mad.. Just trying to show both sides of this and vent some of my disgust with the way kids are treated as oppose to how we grew up.

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 10/10/2008, 9:18 am

Sorry too. Maybe I was being a little harsh myself. It's just a very personal subject to me.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/2008, 11:14 am

Ok guys, i did not mean that I would stock you on a shelf.. STALK!!!

you guys are crazy. I say they need to come up with a way to restrict everthing, car , cell phone, ect. Then I can choose to restrict more or less depending on the situation. We cant just tell them to stop ford or any company from moving forward in saftey. They will continue untill our cars fill up with hardened foam before the car crashes like in the movie Demolition man with sly,sandra bulluck, wesley snipes, you all know the movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/2008, 4:24 pm

2006GT wrote:Sorry too. Maybe I was being a little harsh myself. It's just a very personal subject to me.

Myslef as well. I have seen teenage drivers die in vehicle accidents and was dating one that died very similarly to the 14 year old girl. Its not pretty. I just have a different take on it..

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 10/10/2008, 5:02 pm

05SatinGT wrote: I say they need to come up with a way to restrict everthing, car , cell phone, ect.

Your mouth...
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/10/2008, 7:13 pm

2006GT wrote:
05SatinGT wrote: I say they need to come up with a way to restrict everthing, car , cell phone, ect.

Your mouth...

Thats not very nice lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2