Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

What do you guys think about these from cervinis?

3 posters

Go down

What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty What do you guys think about these from cervinis?

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 9:24 am

I currently have the eleanor side window louvers and i want to go a different way

What do you guys think about these from cervinis? P1010391-1

what do you think about these
V
V
What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Louvers
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2549
Car Type : 2008 Manual Mustang GT
First Name : Amanda
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty Re: What do you guys think about these from cervinis?

Post by BMMC1 9/23/2008, 9:34 am

I love the Eleanor scoops personally!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

What do you guys think about these from cervinis? Empty Re: What do you guys think about these from cervinis?

Post by KevinGT 9/23/2008, 9:50 am

I guess it depends on what look you are going for. I always assumed that the eleanor side scoops were a throw back to some other model/year but I dont know my mustang history well enough to tell you. I have the cervini package and love the look.
KevinGT
KevinGT
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 364
Car Type : Mustang GT
First Name : Kevin
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 10:55 am

Love the eleanor look as well!! But if your wanting to go different go for it....what did you have in mind?

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 1:35 pm

i was wanting to buy some aluminum rear window louvers and i didnt think it would look good with the eleanor ones i got

I've seen only one place have these and thats Car FX
he was saying something that these louvers tend to become unstuck on the edges and
didnt think i should look into them
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 2:22 pm

I would stay as far away from CAR FX as possible!! Most of the members on this board have had bad experiences with them...their prices for the product and expecially the isntall price is rediculous.

Will, the owner talks to you like you know nothing about cars when in fact you probably know 10 times as much.

Most of us order our parts online CHEAPER than a CarFX quote and we install it ourselves. We have tech days where we all get together as a club and install parts weve purchased...we have a great time.

Here are some one-piece aluminum louvers:

Here are some from Ecrater for $398 plus $55 shipping

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=1838345

Here are some from American muscle for $469 with free shipping

http://www.americanmuscle.com/aluminum-rear-window-louvers.html

I would trust American muscle over the other one though.

How much did CarFX want to charge you?

The club would install your louvers...and as always FREE of charge :)

Not saying CarFX is a completely bad place (a couple of members use them BUT haggle haggle haggle until the price comes down) I myself want an upfront price that is fair and reasonable...and want someone that knows what their doing work on my car....CarFX tried to rip me off and a few others thinkiing we wouldnt know what we were getting as far as price and packageing...so we wont deal with them ever again.

Let us know if we can help in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 2:26 pm

MustangFanatic07 wrote:i was wanting to buy some aluminum rear window louvers and i didnt think it would look good with the eleanor ones i got

I've seen only one place have these and thats Car FX
he was saying something that these louvers tend to become unstuck on the edges and
didnt think i should look into them

How do you know they wont look good? If Will at CarFX told you that...just drop that idea right there lol!

I wouldnt trust his taste one bit.

I say do what YOU like and not worry about any other applause

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 2:35 pm

oh i installed the louvers myself
and i didnt my them from car fx
i went on ebay an waited and waited for those set an came across a set of the louvers in Torch red for $165

the guy never really quoted me on those other set of louvers though
i installed the last ones myself

i have had work done on my car by them though
my duals and front end :(
yeah and it was expensive
but i dont got the knowledge or the tools to do the exhaust myself

oh and uh i was looking at Vortech for an SC
i'm glad you told me about car fx cause i was looking into them about installing it in for me. btw he quoted me 7 grand
i dont got the knowlege to install it myself but i definetly wanna know

sweet my sig showed up randomly o.O applause
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 2:39 pm

Oh I thought you meant REAR Aluminum louvers? What side louvers are you looking for.

Sorry to hear about you haveing Car DFX (car defects :) lol ) install your parts....well now you know you can Have us do it for FREE!!

I hope they didnt charger you that much.... bumbers are easy to install...no time at all. and the exhaust isnt that hard either. BUT thats how they make their money. They charge you a crazy amount for something that takes them no time at all to install. They turn em and burn em....one car in one car out and cha ching.

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 2:42 pm

i was talking about rear aluminum louvers
i just didnt get a quote for it.
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 2:44 pm

7 grand!!! for a freaking vortech!!! Holy high stealing heaven batman!

First they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to superchargers. They put them together with instructions and leave the vortech stock tune in them from what I hear. Superchargers need to be professionally tuned by a Tuner...its not something to mess around with.

7 grand is an absolute rip-off. You can get those Vortech kits for around $4700 or so...heck ive seen some at $4100.

Is there a reason you going with Vortech? and not another brand or type of supercharger?

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 2:51 pm

well if theres a better brand that you suggest point me in that direction,
well my whole sole purpose on going with vortech is what car fx told me
but there thats going off of what that guy said,

thoug i wasnt going to go with this set up w/o knowing anything about it
but what do u think of vortech
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 3:01 pm

Well I would do some more research. I wouldnt go with anything CarFX suggests. Anything they tell you is probably because they have a deal with the company and can make a killing.

Some questions

what is your goal for the car? Driveability, reliabilty, instant power, delayed yet strong power?

Is this car going to see mostly Street play or are you wanting something specifically for the racetrack?

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 3:03 pm

mainly street play but with some extra boost of power
but since its a my daily driver and sc wouldnt be wise imo
i should probably start out with a cai and tune

im having a case of the "I wants" atm
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 3:13 pm

Well if you can afford it...a supercharger is the way to go. Its a big purchase, but int he long run you will spend a lot of money on a CAI, Tuner, Underdrive pulleys, gears, etc and rack of the dollars anyways....when the supercharger goes on you will have to get rid of the Underdive pulleys, CAI, possibly need to change the gears again etc etc.

But if supercharger isnt in your imediate future...I would say go for a CAI kit and tuner package from Brenspeed like Casi did. They make V6 packages

But again a supercharger would be the best bang for your buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 3:27 pm

Vortech kit with Intertcooler for the 4.0l V6 $4400

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/VT4FU218-620SQ/200506_Mustang_V6_40L_Vortech_Supercharger_Kit__Intercooled.html

Vortech kit without intercooler ONLY $3300

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/VT4FU218-610SQ/200508_Mustang_V6_40L_Vortech_Supercharger_Kit.html

There is also the X-Charger kit through Steeda (ive heard thie is a pretty cool supercharger!) $4395

http://www.steeda.com/products/xcharger_supercharger_v6.php

Just a couple of options

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 9/23/2008, 3:48 pm

btw i sent u a pm
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/23/2008, 3:49 pm

Got it and replied

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down