Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this?

4 posters

Go down

What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this?

Post by MustangFanatic07 3/14/2009, 9:31 pm

So how does one go about fixing this w/o having to buy a new wheel?
These are Ventis btw

What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? A0f2254c
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2549
Car Type : 2008 Manual Mustang GT
First Name : Amanda
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Back to top Go down

What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty Re: What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this?

Post by FASTFOX 3/14/2009, 9:41 pm

is it a steel wheel or aluminum? looks like the the chrome is flaking off?

FASTFOX
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 82
Car Type : 93 cobra
First Name : mike
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this? Empty Re: What is happening to my wheels? how do i fix this?

Post by MustangFanatic07 3/14/2009, 9:45 pm

Il have to look it up.
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 3/14/2009, 10:03 pm

How to fix, take it back to cooper and get some money for them. You haven't had those that long to have them do that. I would exchange them for stock rims and have them pay the difference. Your not going to be able to fix that and it will only get worse and move t0 the front of the rim.

Last edited by Leonard 95 on 3/14/2009, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 3/14/2009, 10:37 pm

Mario is there anything that can help me?
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 3/16/2009, 9:18 am

They're aluminum
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by ARMORINE 3/16/2009, 1:22 pm

take em back theyr just gonig to get worse like david said
ARMORINE
ARMORINE
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!
Paul's 2 Star Atta-Boy Award!

Number of posts : 3701
Car Type : Shelby GT
First Name : Jared
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/16/2009, 1:37 pm

Take them back...as others have suggested

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 3/24/2009, 11:33 pm

ok i've been reading up on this problem and its kind of hard to chrome plate aluminum wheels, but that doesnt matter...i think im going to go to 3 different wheel an tire shops, big places like michelin, roberston, an maybe another hercule shop, but im 99% convinced i was just brushed off the side at that hercule shop.

and i want to see that warranty on paper...DAMNIT

read up on something where someone is going as far as to sue to place that warrantied there wheels....hmmm
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 3/25/2009, 7:01 am

Just take it to cooper and let them deal with it, they put them on.
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangFanatic07 3/25/2009, 9:09 am

actually, the people that put them on are Hercule wheels an tires. They show a record of putting on around Nov 13 2007. im having a hard time dealing with those guys getting to replace them.
and feeding me bs saying that the chrome platting is overspray and its a common thing and that the warranty only covers the front of the wheel, sooo i think im going to put my foot up there ass.

i just dont understand why the warranty of the wheel covers the front an not the back, shit what if u get a leak behind the spokes, than what?
MustangFanatic07
MustangFanatic07
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3/25/2009, 11:05 am

Here is your solution. CALL THIS VENDOR and speak with them about whats going on with your VENTI Wheels. See if they can warranty them through the MANUFACTURES WARRANTY.

Heres whats written on their site

"The Wheel Connection has been one of the largest distributor of Venti wheels since Venti wheels first began producing rims. All Venti wheels carry the manufacturor's warranties against defects in workmanship. If you have a warranty issue on a set of Venti wheels that we sold you, just give us a call and we will facilitate the warranty process. If you purchase a Venti wheel and tire package from us, we can mount them and balance them with the recommended tire size for your vehicle and send the set to your door ready to be installed onto your vehicle. All of our wheellines are of the tested for quality and durability or we don't carry them. One thing that you can be sure of is that you have chosen one of the largest distirbutor of wholesale Venti wheels in the nation!!The Wheel Connection has been one of the largest distributor of Venti wheels since Venti wheels first began producing rims. All Venti wheels carry the manufacturor's warranties against defects in workmanship. If you have a warranty issue on a set of Venti wheels that we sold you, just give us a call and we will facilitate the warranty process. If you purchase a Venti wheel and tire package from us, we can mount them and balance them with the recommended tire size for your vehicle and send the set to your door ready to be installed onto your vehicle. All of our wheellines are of the tested for quality and durability or we don't carry them. One thing that you can be sure of is that you have chosen one of the largest distirbutor of wholesale Venti wheels in the nation!!"

LINK http://www.thewheelconnection.com/customrims/Venti-wheels.php

417 447 9971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down