Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here

+4
Papi
sprint200
rford426
Leonard 95
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here

Post by Leonard 95 2/12/2009, 8:16 pm

I am debating purchasing a muffler delete system for the cobra, was wondering how everyone likes them. How is the drone at lower rpm (1500-1800)? I am going to probably go with the slp's over the pypes due to hearing complaints of the pypes fitment on gt500s. The only reason I ask is cause I was bored at work and took my mufflers off today and took it for a test drive, it sounded real good, not to loud just driving and just right at wot. Let me know some of your guys opinions on these if you have any.
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty Re: Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here

Post by rford426 2/12/2009, 10:56 pm

i just have it done at a local exhaust shop
rford426
rford426
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 446
Car Type : 2005 Mustang GT
First Name : Ryan
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here Empty Re: Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here

Post by sprint200 2/12/2009, 11:07 pm

David,

I don't have SLP's but I did do the muffler delete mod 2 years ago. I had a set of pipes custom bent and some chrome tips welded on. They don't look as slick as the SLP's but it was less than 1/2 the price.

As far as drone, it depends on the gears you have but some where up in the 70 mph with stock gears when you give it mild maintenance throttle there is a small amount of resonance.

You also may have noticed that when you lay off the throttle under decelerating loads it will crackle a bit. I like it, some people don't

Personally I love the sound of these cars with just the cat's. The only reason I would put mufflers back on would be if I bought long tubes.

Also, the regular 3v's sound nothing like our 5.4L 4v's when using SLP's. They don't sound nearly as good.
sprint200
sprint200
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 221
Car Type : '07 GT500
First Name : Jeff
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/12/2009, 11:15 pm

sprint200 wrote:David,

I don't have SLP's but I did do the muffler delete mod 2 years ago. I had a set of pipes custom bent and some chrome tips welded on. They don't look as slick as the SLP's but it was less than 1/2 the price.

As far as drone, it depends on the gears you have but some where up in the 70 mph with stock gears when you give it mild maintenance throttle there is a small amount of resonance.

You also may have noticed that when you lay off the throttle under decelerating loads it will crackle a bit. I like it, some people don't

Personally I love the sound of these cars with just the cat's. The only reason I would put mufflers back on would be if I bought long tubes.

Also, the regular 3v's sound nothing like our 5.4L 4v's when using SLP's. They don't sound nearly as good.

Thanks for the reply Jeff, yea I know I could get it done cheaper at a exhaust shop, but like you said, it wouldn't look near as nice. Those slp ones chuck got a svt performance look damn nice. I did notice the crackle/pop on decel, kind of different but damn near every muffler I heard does the samething on these newer mustangs. I was debating on the kr mufflers, but might just get the slp's and see if I like them, if not I will just sell them. Not worried about drone that much, as long as it's not very bad, most of the time I don't cruise at 70mph anyways, thanks again.
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/13/2009, 1:47 am

Leonard 95 wrote:
sprint200 wrote:David,

Thanks for the reply Jeff, yea I know I could get it done cheaper at a exhaust shop, but like you said, it wouldn't look near as nice. Those slp ones chuck got a svt performance look damn nice. I did notice the crackle/pop on decel, kind of different but damn near every muffler I heard does the samething on these newer mustangs. I was debating on the kr mufflers, but might just get the slp's and see if I like them, if not I will just sell them. Not worried about drone that much, as long as it's not very bad, most of the time I don't cruise at 70mph anyways, thanks again.

Get the SLP...if you dont like the crackle pop...weld in some small resonators. Wont effect performance but eliminates all drone and popping. Its an amazing fix and works. Just sayin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/13/2009, 4:09 am

David...what about making your own muffler delete and installing these. Love the shelby tips

Those using slp or pypes muffer delete systems come in here 057-478_1

http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=60332

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/13/2009, 8:32 am

yea, I just don't know about having someone make them, worried they will look like shit. Would rather just pay for some that are already made and fit correct.
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Papi 2/13/2009, 9:02 am

I have a set of SLP for the gt set up. i don't know if they will fit on a cobra. you can borrow them to see how you like them. there only 3 months old. If you like them I'll sell them to you. here how they sound with a factory exhaust set up with the SLP axle back.