Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Dyno opinions Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Dyno opinions Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Dyno opinions Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Dyno opinions Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Dyno opinions Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Dyno opinions Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Dyno opinions Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Dyno opinions Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Dyno opinions Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Dyno opinions Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Dyno opinions

+4
Leonard 95
03.sonicblue
07Shelby500
blk91cpe
8 posters

Go down

Dyno opinions Empty Dyno opinions

Post by blk91cpe 2/8/2009, 11:52 pm

I know a lot of you were there Saturday for dyno day. I know most of you have had dyno time. what do you think of the dyno saturday for accuracy? Do you think it is close to your rwhp?

I was disappointed in no air/fuel to be done. Which dyno do you guys like the most?

blk91cpe
BMMC Newbie
BMMC Newbie

Number of posts : 15
Car Type : 1991 black coupe
First Name : ken
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Dyno opinions Empty Re: Dyno opinions

Post by Guest 2/8/2009, 11:59 pm

Not sure on accuracy Ken. I know some of the cars lifted onto the front roller rather than stay planted on both....wonder if that effects the #'s?

Ryans car is either a factory freak or somethings a miss. 326 Rwhp with a CAI tune and X pipe is crazy applause Pretty remarkable if his ride is truly puttin out that kind of power.

Im not too familiar with the the dyno that was used on Saturday. There are so many on the market its hard to really compare.

Dynojet seems to be the more popular, mustang dynos are great for tuning with load, I need to read more about them.

I guess the true numbers will come at the track. We could always cross reference MPH trap speed and see how much the car is putting out. The track tells all.

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 2/9/2009, 12:02 am

I didn't put mine on the dyno but at Kurtis' shop on his dynapack it rolled to just a tick over 300 rwhp. For you FI guys I would like to have had a A/F reading since this is pretty important. I think Greg said he misplaced the sensor somewhere in the move. But hey, for $35 beans you can't complain. That was a hell of a price. Have you dynod before? Were the numbers way off? I know some seemed dissapointed in the results. But for me the dyno is a tool to tune the car rather than a method of determining how fast it is. I do that at the track.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 12:38 am

See I ran later that day and went 13.5 at 104 mph. My 60' was terrible. I had a 2.2 pretty consistently every run. I had to take off pretty weak to not spin. I went one time pretty hard and spun like crazy. 2.5 60'. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by 03.sonicblue 2/9/2009, 12:52 am

I was disappointed and excited at the same time. I know the car has potential, but was told it was tuned a lot higher. I dont know what to believe, I just know what it does at the track. I do have a number of upgrades that I can do that will all gain RWHP. I think after the rear end is beefed up with the brace and bushings, I am saving for a ported Eaton. I think the red 03 with the ported Eaton put down 445. Thats crazy!!
03.sonicblue
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonard 95 2/9/2009, 7:49 am

Some seemed low, but some seemed prett close to what they are suppose to be. Just like Blairs, his 438rwhp is right where it should be, so I don't know. I do agree that some cars seems a little loose on the straps, but I don't know what effect that has.
Leonard 95
Leonard 95
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2892
Car Type : 08 GT500
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 2/9/2009, 9:47 am

03.sonicblue wrote:I was disappointed and excited at the same time. I know the car has potential, but was told it was tuned a lot higher. I dont know what to believe, I just know what it does at the track. I do have a number of upgrades that I can do that will all gain RWHP. I think after the rear end is beefed up with the brace and bushings, I am saving for a ported Eaton. I think the red 03 with the ported Eaton put down 445. Thats crazy!!

What size pulley do you have on your eaton? I know with the 2.76 with Jim at SW Tuning, my car put down 395hp/420tq on the Mustang Dyno. The car does feel pretty strong still though...I would say it is just as strong or stronger than I had with the e-mail tune in it and I put down 460hp/470tq on a dynojet down in Lewisville on a warmer day.

We got rained out at Noble yesterday so I didn't get to get my 11.xx slip...I did come out of there with a "rain check" so maybe in a couple weeks I can make it back up there to make a few passes.

Mitch
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 500
Car Type : 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra
First Name : Mitch
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by blk91cpe 2/9/2009, 9:50 am

I did find it strange that on kurtis's dyno just a few months ago, my car went 515 rwhp. air fuel ran 11.8 and seemed fine except for down low driving.

on the dyno saturday, the car dropped to 418 and nothing has been done to the tune. i only have one tune. although i have noticed that my gas mileage has been in the pits for a while.

when the very first cobra dyno'd when we first got there at 945. he went something like 480+ and when the car lifted up on the rollers you could see rubber coming off the tires cause he was spinning on the rollers.

well, guess i will go back to kurtis and see what it reads there.
see if some changes can be made or some other tune installed.

blk91cpe
BMMC Newbie
BMMC Newbie

Number of posts : 15
Car Type : 1991 black coupe
First Name : ken
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldokie 2/9/2009, 10:12 am

This was my first time. I was looking for stock numbers. We'll see how it goes as the mods happen....
Oldokie
Oldokie
2010 Challenge Winner!
2010 Challenge Winner!

Number of posts : 2282
Car Type : 2008 Shelby GT 500
First Name : Blair
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 11:36 am

JrSVT wrote:
03.sonicblue wrote:I was disappointed and excited at the same time. I know the car has potential, but was told it was tuned a lot higher. I dont know what to believe, I just know what it does at the track. I do have a number of upgrades that I can do that will all gain RWHP. I think after the rear end is beefed up with the brace and bushings, I am saving for a ported Eaton. I think the red 03 with the ported Eaton put down 445. Thats crazy!!

What size pulley do you have on your eaton? I know with the 2.76 with Jim at SW Tuning, my car put down 395hp/420tq on the Mustang Dyno. The car does feel pretty strong still though...I would say it is just as strong or stronger than I had with the e-mail tune in it and I put down 460hp/470tq on a dynojet down in Lewisville on a warmer day.

We got rained out at Noble yesterday so I didn't get to get my 11.xx slip...I did come out of there with a "rain check" so maybe in a couple weeks I can make it back up there to make a few passes.

Mitch

Hey Mitch...you need to make it out to TRP with us sometime. Id love to see your Cobra in person!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 12:26 pm

I think it was pretty accurate when it was strapped down good but if you spin on the rollers you have lost momentum so that would definitly affect numbers in my Opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by JrSVT 2/9/2009, 1:00 pm

Grabber07' wrote:
JrSVT wrote:

Mitch

Hey Mitch...you need to make it out to TRP with us sometime. Id love to see your Cobra in person!

Dude man! It's like a 3 1/2 hour drive from Lawton to the track, then a day at the track and a 3 1/2 hour ride back? Holy fahk....I'm old and just can't do those long drives and staying up all night anymore. oldman I say we meet in the middle at Thunder Valley in Noble. good

As far as my Cobra, it's nothing special, it's been driven nearly everyday since I got it and it shows, the headlights are hazed over, nicks and dings everywhere along with a little hail damage. Once I get this pig paid off, it's getting a good going thru (paint, weight reduction, and maybe a twin screw). cheer
JrSVT
JrSVT
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 500
Car Type : 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra
First Name : Mitch
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/9/2009, 8:06 pm

blk91cpe wrote:I know a lot of you were there Saturday for dyno day. I know most of you have had dyno time. what do you think of the dyno saturday for accuracy? Do you think it is close to your rwhp?

I was disappointed in no air/fuel to be done. Which dyno do you guys like the most?

Sorry for that however feeling how rich your car was I would of pulled the sensor out of that car to keep from trashing a 400 dollar sensor. You may have dynoed what you did at Kurtis but you know that car wasn't running right on sat. You said you saw 9.0:1 A/F on your wide band when it should be 11.4 thats your hundred horses right there. I was disapointed in that car it has real good potential and it looks great

Back to top Go down

Post by rford426 2/9/2009, 8:50 pm

what do you think about me 326.1 greg?? I hope its true yahoo
rford426
rford426
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 446
Car Type : 2005 Mustang GT
First Name : Ryan
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/10/2009, 2:00 am

You had to get that .1 in there lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by rford426 2/10/2009, 3:09 am

lol of course hahahha
rford426
rford426
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 446
Car Type : 2005 Mustang GT
First Name : Ryan
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 2/10/2009, 8:39 pm

that .1 is worth at least ONE hoofbeat right???
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content