Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?!

+4
Papi
fst06stg
John
yamanx
8 posters

Go down

Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?!

Post by yamanx 10/29/2011, 4:07 pm

So the previous owner of the car decided to weld in D rings on the rear axle to tie the car down to the trailer. Well needless to say it wasn't very thoughtful of a placement and it is hitting my exhaust. So who has a plasma cutter and wants to help cut this puppy off? lol!

Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Read_d10
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Read_d11
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 104
Car Type : Ford Mustang
First Name : Geoff
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty Re: Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?!

Post by John 10/29/2011, 4:32 pm

Thats a lot of work just to strap a car down lol.
John
John
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 247
Car Type : Foxbody
First Name : John
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Back to top Go down

Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! Empty Re: Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?!

Post by yamanx 10/29/2011, 5:29 pm

Ya no joke freaking retarded. So I decided to cut it off with a gas axe, in an attempt to take the Koni off I noticed that with the D-ring in place I could not get the lower bolt out of the shock...FML. So after setting up a piece of steel as a heat shield we heated the D-ring up and used a crescent wrench to bend it out of the way. Got the bolt out, dropped the shock preceded to axe off the D-ring.

Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! D_ring10
Found out what some of the rear end noise was....who has a plasma cutter?! D_ring11

So now the suspension can move all through its range and not hit anything..Oh also noticed one of my rear brake lines was rubbing on a bolt and almost all the way through the line WTF Got it bent out of the way...time for Stainless steel lines in the rear!
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by yamanx 10/29/2011, 6:27 pm

And wOOT ALL my rear end noise went away!
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by fst06stg 10/29/2011, 6:32 pm

wow... wonder if the previous owner knew there were 10 other ways to strap a car down. apparently not.
fst06stg
fst06stg
Legend Lime Member

Number of posts : 2131
Car Type : 2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT
First Name : Yancey
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/registry/index.cgi?id=137

Back to top Go down

Post by yamanx 10/29/2011, 9:15 pm

Haha eh whatever. Problem fixed now. The rear end feels so much better just time to work on replacing joints on the front control arms.

Also now my clutch has a shutter to it.. Didn't shutter at all until now at about 2,000 miles in. It is a Ram clutch with Spec aluminum flywheel.
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Papi 10/29/2011, 9:57 pm

Get er dunnnnnnnnn.
Papi
Papi
I'm Puerto rican Damn it!
I'm Puerto rican Damn it!

Number of posts : 2673
Car Type : 2002 Ford Ranger Tremor & 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee
First Name : Hector
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 10/30/2011, 12:39 am

Wow, some people are full of not so good ideas.....
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by yamanx 10/30/2011, 6:59 pm

Good idea just poor execution.
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 10/30/2011, 9:46 pm

Ahhhhh... The Joy / pain of buying other peoples experiments. Good work!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by yamanx 10/30/2011, 11:23 pm

Haha the car has been a joy mostly. Just working the last couple little bugs out of it then time for HALLET!!!!
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobruh 10/31/2011, 9:53 am

WOO
Cobruh
Cobruh
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 76
Car Type : 03 Cobra
First Name : Coby
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 10/31/2011, 11:08 am

yamanx wrote:Haha the car has been a joy mostly. Just working the last couple little bugs out of it then time for HALLET!!!!

don't you mean, time to put it away for winter...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2813
Car Type : 01 Mustang
First Name : Lee
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.pushmodperformance.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yamanx 10/31/2011, 11:39 pm

Hell no! I'm super curious how this thing handles in shitty weather. All my other Mustang were trash and the rear end would come around so quickly and this one so far just squats and goes.
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 11/1/2011, 8:22 am

put a snow plow on it and make some money...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by yamanx 11/2/2011, 1:03 am

Ya right my car is way too low haha. I ran over a match box yesterday...bottomed out.
yamanx
yamanx
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 11/2/2011, 8:36 am

I bottomed out on a penny... and on Leonard's lift...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down