Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
mail order tunes Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
mail order tunes Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
mail order tunes Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
mail order tunes Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
mail order tunes Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
mail order tunes Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
mail order tunes Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
mail order tunes Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
mail order tunes Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
mail order tunes Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

mail order tunes

+8
shodown
BASixxer
Tha Skinny
Black5.0
Psycho Bob
cobradoc
Shelby10'
Hudsonpower
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

mail order tunes Empty mail order tunes

Post by Hudsonpower 6/23/2011, 10:35 pm

i was wondering what you guys thoughts were on mail order tunes.American muscle has cold air and tunes for a decent price supposed to be (custom tunes)from bama tuning.I dont want to get wrapped up in a long and costly ordeal.

Hudsonpower
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 34
Car Type : 2011 california special
First Name : joseph
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

mail order tunes Empty Re: mail order tunes

Post by Shelby10' 6/23/2011, 11:41 pm

For Mail order, only one guy i trust. Jon Lund...best tuner for the 5.0 in the country.

There is a trade off though. Bamachips offers free tunes for life...whereas Jon does not.

One of my favorite tunes of Jons on these new 5.0 is the new Ghost Cam tune. Makes the 5.0 sound like it has cams, when in fact it does not. Here is a video of that tune.

Now if you are wanting to stay local.... Kurtis at Archangel Motorsports can definitely take care of you.

I am currently running a jon lund tune and couldnt be happier, David with his GT500 is running a Archangel tune and also couldnt be happier.

Good luck
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by cobradoc 6/23/2011, 11:53 pm

Sounds badass

cobradoc
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 122
Car Type : 03 Cobra
First Name : Mike
Registration date : 2010-01-07

http://www.pinnaclerepairs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho Bob 6/27/2011, 11:43 am

i used bama chips before they joined american muscle. great email tuners and the free tunes for life is a great deal. i've used that so many times. i absolutely recommend them.

Psycho Bob
BMMC Post Pig
BMMC Post Pig

Number of posts : 1648
Car Type : 07 GT
First Name : Bob
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Black5.0 6/27/2011, 12:04 pm

I have a Jon Lund tune and will go to no other.

Black5.0
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 71
Car Type : 2011 Mustang 5.0
First Name : Unknown
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tha Skinny 6/27/2011, 12:32 pm

Heres my question to you guys. Why in gods green earth would you want a "Cammed Tune"??? Sure it sounds cool but gives you no performance gain what so ever RIGHT??. Personally it kinda makes me laugh a little.
Sure Cams are expensive but I would much rather not have them than just sound like I do(to be honest most guys can probobly just buy a set). Besides, I can only imagine what the non mustang drivers must think of this. HAHAHA

Plus this seems like the perfect time for something to happen to either your car or just the ECU to fail i.e...go lean or something even worse!

Tha Skinny
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 167
Car Type : 1995 sc 5.0
First Name : Chris
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 6/27/2011, 1:38 pm

These tunes are actually really safe. Lots of research goes in to them before people like Lethal Performance, VMP, and Bama Tuning ever release them to the public. A majority of their tuning they sale online is actually from customer cars, and they save the file and build sheet to resell to the mass public worldwide.

Generally, when they sell them, the like to have you do a datalog to send back to them so that they can review the data to make sure all is good. If anything is off, they adjust it for your specific car and send you a new file...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2813
Car Type : 01 Mustang
First Name : Lee
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.pushmodperformance.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 3:09 pm

Tha Skinny wrote:Heres my question to you guys. Why in gods green earth would you want a "Cammed Tune"??? Sure it sounds cool but gives you no performance gain what so ever RIGHT??. Personally it kinda makes me laugh a little.
Sure Cams are expensive but I would much rather not have them than just sound like I do(to be honest most guys can probobly just buy a set). Besides, I can only imagine what the non mustang drivers must think of this. HAHAHA

Plus this seems like the perfect time for something to happen to either your car or just the ECU to fail i.e...go lean or something even worse!

ok think of it this way....Why change your mufflers? Your not getting any real performance gain from it other than sound.... RIGHT? You do it because it sounds good...not for the 3 hp gain if that. Why change your wheels? no performance there other than looking good? Why add a cowl hood...you dont own a race car and the break from the heat your getting really isnt helping that much right? because it looks good. Not everything one does to a car has to have a peformance aspect to it. Some we do to separate ourselves from the guy to the left and right.

If you dont think that car sounds bad ass I dont know what to tell you. The Ghost Cam tune doesnt just change the exhaust valves to sound like cams, but the tune Jon Lund provides also gives you about a 30rwhp bump....Id say its very worth it. 400+rwhp is no joke

Its not the good old days where one cam thrown in a fox 5.0 for $200 would get you what you needed....its now $1500 plus the cost of installation as there are 4 of them and it isnt the easiest thing in the world to do and not screw up. So your looking at over $2000 for cams and at that point I would be laughing at the guy that spent that kind of money on a few ponies and sound, when he could have purchased a blower for just a little bit more.

Different strokes for different folks....but laughing at someones decision isnt something I would find myself doing.

The new 5.0 in itself is a beast and regardless of the bumpity bump coming out of the exhaust from the "fake cams" the car can put the power to the ground and leave most of the "non mustang" drivers that were laughing...frowning as they get ther rear ends handed to them.

cams..no cams...they still lose

bigbeer
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 6/27/2011, 3:22 pm

well put... and you didn't even rag on me for my input...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 3:27 pm

amentowasso wrote:These tunes are actually really safe. Lots of research goes in to them before people like Lethal Performance, VMP, and Bama Tuning ever release them to the public. A majority of their tuning they sale online is actually from customer cars, and they save the file and build sheet to resell to the mass public worldwide.

Generally, when they sell them, the like to have you do a datalog to send back to them so that they can review the data to make sure all is good. If anything is off, they adjust it for your specific car and send you a new file...

FAIL

Because he was referring to getting a tune that sounds like cams....not tunes in general

*** See there you go
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shodown 6/27/2011, 4:42 pm

So Lund didnt do any research on the ghost cams sorta like Lee mentioned? His comment for tunes in general also applies for ghost cam tunes, cause, well they are just tunes.
shodown
shodown
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 853
Car Type : Cherokee/Lightning
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 5:06 pm

Chupacabra wrote:So Lund didnt do any research on the ghost cams sorta like Lee mentioned? His comment for tunes in general also applies for ghost cam tunes, cause, well they are just tunes.

You can pick it apart how every which way you want to....but the fact remains the original point to his post was "Why would anyone want "Cammed tunes"" as in a tune that gives the notion there are cams, when in fact there are not.

Chris monkeypiss

And my comment was out of jest to lee regardless cheers
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 6/27/2011, 5:08 pm

I get all my tunes from CarFx! They rock! Will REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYYY knows what he's doing!

He sold me a hurst shifter for $950 and even threw in the shifter handle for free! Awesome!
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 6/27/2011, 5:09 pm

For a monkey... You have a little dick.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 5:09 pm

BMMC1 wrote:I get all my tunes from CarFx! They rock! Will REEEEAAAAALLLLYYYYY knows what he's doing!

He sold me a hurst shifter for $950 and even threw in the shifter handle for free! Awesome!

Do you even actually know whos tune you have? As I recall yours says

1) New tune
2) Newer tune
3) Newest tune

lol!
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 5:13 pm

BMMC1 wrote:For a monkey... You have a little dick.

Lick it monkey

"Hangover 2"
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 6/27/2011, 5:14 pm

Ya... Still waiting for what exactly that means. It boogies though. ;)
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 6/27/2011, 5:17 pm

Tha Skinny wrote:Heres my question to you guys. Why in gods green earth would you want a "Cammed Tune"??? Sure it sounds cool but gives you no performance gain what so ever RIGHT??. Personally it kinda makes me laugh a little.

This was the reasoning behind my post. He was questioning the safeness of having a tune that altered the valvetrain to sound like it had a cam. He was worried it was just a huge decrease in fuel and timing to cause the lope, but there is a lot more that goes in to it.

you fail...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 5:20 pm

amentowasso wrote:

This was the reasoning behind my post. He was questioning the safeness of having a tune that altered the valvetrain to sound like it had a cam. He was worried it was just a huge decrease in fuel and timing to cause the lope, but there is a lot more that goes in to it.

you fail...

So I take 99% of his post and answer it...you choose the 1% that was an afterthought to his original point

mail order tunes You_fail
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 6/27/2011, 5:35 pm

how much time do you spend looking up FAIL pictures on the internet? Must have a whole database full of them, just ready to plug in to your posts...

The jist of his post was about sound. That's simply in the eye (or ear) of the owner. I can't comment on sound, everyone has their own taste. I was simply clarifying it was more than just a sound in his tunes...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 5:40 pm

amentowasso wrote:how much time do you spend looking up FAIL pictures on the internet? Must have a whole database full of them, just ready to plug in to your posts...

The jist of his post was about sound. That's simply in the eye (or ear) of the owner. I can't comment on sound, everyone has their own taste. I was simply clarifying it was more than just a sound in his tunes...

I have plenty of time... Im at work shifty and no need to justify your advice/responses to me good

mail order tunes Fail-300x237

PS: ..... .... .... .......
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Black5.0 6/27/2011, 5:51 pm

Haha I love the tunes for Paul. I am going to name mine that....

Oh and tunes are gay. Leave them all stock...

Black5.0
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 71
Car Type : 2011 Mustang 5.0
First Name : Unknown
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 6:05 pm

Black5.0 wrote:Haha I love the tunes for Paul. I am going to name mine that....

Oh and tunes are gay. Leave them all stock...

Quiet you!!! Go back in your hole!

ps: I want a ride in your car deal
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tha Skinny 6/27/2011, 8:55 pm

Re: mail order tunes
by Shelby10' Today at 2:09 pm

.Tha Skinny wrote:
Heres my question to you guys. Why in gods green earth would you want a "Cammed Tune"??? Sure it sounds cool but gives you no performance gain what so ever RIGHT??. Personally it kinda makes me laugh a little.

ok think of it this way....Why change your mufflers? Your not getting any real performance gain from it other than sound.... RIGHT? You do it because it sounds good...not for the 3 hp gain if that. Why change your wheels? no performance there other than looking good? Why add a cowl hood...you dont own a race car and the break from the heat your getting really isnt helping that much right? because it looks good. Not everything one does to a car has to have a peformance aspect to it. Some we do to separate ourselves from the guy to the left and right.

If you dont think that car sounds bad ass I dont know what to tell you. The Ghost Cam tune doesnt just change the exhaust valves to sound like cams, but the tune Jon Lund provides also gives you about a 30rwhp bump....Id say its very worth it. 400+rwhp is no joke

Its not the good old days where one cam thrown in a fox 5.0 for $200 would get you what you needed....its now $1500 plus the cost of installation as there are 4 of them and it isnt the easiest thing in the world to do and not screw up. So your looking at over $2000 for cams and at that point I would be laughing at the guy that spent that kind of money on a few ponies and sound, when he could have purchased a blower for just a little bit more.

Different strokes for different folks....but laughing at someones decision isnt something I would find myself doing.

The new 5.0 in itself is a beast and regardless of the bumpity bump coming out of the exhaust from the "fake cams" the car can put the power to the ground and leave most of the "non mustang" drivers that were laughing...frowning as they get ther rear ends handed to them.

cams..no cams...they still lose

OK...... Not to sound snub??? Have you actually done any serious tuning to a vehicle other than just buy a gt500 order a tune and call it a day? On a car that makes that much power OUT Of THE BOX an exhaust and things really wont make that much of a difference because the car is about as low restrictive as it going to get give or take a few items.

Trust me, I have been on the dyno(not with a mustang) for 12 hours plus. Thats just what I have logged anyways. And I have been around plenty of v8's that slowly add bolt ons on the dyno itself. Exhaust does make a Hp gain and ive seen them go way over 3 horse..lol. To me any gain is a performance gain. Also depending on what you are doing with your car WHEELS will make a car perform better in some aspects. Take rollout and other suspension issues into thought. Smaller wheels can give you more exit speed out of corners and taller wheels can give you a higher top end with more mid corner, also being lighter adds "performance" ....performance gain #2 Cams are one of the most beneficial increases you can do on any car. You also must consider if you are goig to go all motor or aspirated. For an all motor car Cams are a Must to get the engine to flow in my experience. I installed a set of Rocket Motorsport cams literally on the dyno last year and gained 30 rwhp. Cams in a new 5.0 have been seeing gains of 50 horses with a tune.
Really what I am trying to say is I would be out on this even if it came with the badest tune in the world. To me its funny, maybe not to you but I think its kinda dumb. Having to explain all the computer b.s. to somone that "I just handed there ass too" is not worth it. I woyuld just save the 2 grand for the cam and install and just say "no its not a tune" lol

Originally Hudson was asking about a cai and a tune.....you brought on the you tube video that has nothing to do with his original post..

Hudson sorry for the highjack applause

Tha Skinny
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 10:23 pm

Dont mind answering your question.

I have owned and or help build up the following: (all of which had extensive mods ranging from cam swaps, intake swaps, bored blocks, 351 swaps, gears, full exhaust, etc etc) I am not saying I am an expert, but I am definitely not some pencil pusher that wrote a check for my car and called it a day if that is what you were implying.

1982 GT (brothers)
1983 GT (brothers)
1985 GT
1989 GT
1994 GT
1998 GT
1996 Cobra (Fathers)
1999 Cobra (Brothers)
1969 Mach 1 (Fathers)
2005 GT (Brothers)
2007 GT
2010 GT500

Not going into the details on each... but (Ported polished heads by hand, Edlebrock performer RPM Heads, upper and lower intakes, double pumper carbs, Ford F Cam, Ford E Cam, Ford B Cam, 4.10 gears,3.73 gears, upper Control arms, lower control arms, driveshafts, ingnition systems, head swaps, Cobra upper and lower, Edlebrock intakes, Long tubes, Mid length headers, Underdrive pulleys, CAI kits, CMCV Delete plates, caliper rotor swaps, springs, Flowmaster mufflers, bassani exhaust, Borla exhaust, pacesetter exhaust, Larger Intercooler, smaller pulley, lowering springs, etc etc)

Now as far as the cams go....I know what kind of gains people are seeing...been around plenty of 3v and 4v cammed mustangs on the dyno. Doc saw 44hp NA on his 2007 GT with the hot rod cams, then added a 100 shot of nitrous to it for somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 rwhp. My point was that If I was going to spend 2k it wouldnt be on cams, it would be on a blower....but thats just me and my own opinion.

My post certainly does have "something" to do with this original post as it shows just what is capable with current tuning technolgy due to the Variable Cam Timing. Some people arent in the position to drop $2,000 on cams and would love to have something like this.

Again to each his own. We have a couple of 5.0 members on this forum with this exact Ghost tune and is the reason I said what I said about not being "funny" or laughing at someone elses mod. But you do what you like. Out of respect I added my 2 cents.

And as far as my "already done" GT500, the mods are in my sig. Might want to read up on them....they are FAR from being unrestricted from the factory. These cars have so much potential its rediculous.... and its very easy to unlock the HP. I have upgraded the very small factory Heat Exchanger to the C&R Racing dual core dual 10'' fan heat exchanger, Swapped out the factory pulley for the VMP 2.59, took out the factory resonator and went with an FRPP, pulled the plugs and added one step colder TR6's, Added a Lethal O/R X pipe with Magnaflow Resonators, AirRaid Filter, Eibach Sportline Springs (which I am changing again to FRPP), Jon Lund tune, pulled the very small and lacking Intercooler tank and added a Roush Racing 3x larger tank and upgraded to the 2011 GT500 fluid (better cooling properties), Removed the again lacking factory thermostat for a Reiche 170 degree, and added a JLT oil seperator to keep the oil from coating the intercooler. Car is in the 530-540 rwhp range.

Future mods are: Lower pulley and throttle body....should put me around 600rwhp. After that is the TVS swap and suspension.

Now to answer the original posters question, most of the CAI's will net similar gains....C&L and JLT I would stick with along with a Jon Lund tune
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tha Skinny 6/27/2011, 10:37 pm

see you noticed gains from all the little things....

Nice list of rides btw, you def have been around the block. Funny thing is that 9/10 people wouldnt be able to come up with reply like that. So to myself, a small punch in tha face at about 40% power. hahahah

Most guys just talk but I will say you shold be able to back up any question with all that experience...

Btw I still think the Cammed tune is Gay.....LOL

Tha Skinny
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 10:42 pm

I have had plenty of help trust me. And I still dont understand a lot of things, but there are those on this forum that have a lot more experience than me and I rely on them to help me out.
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 6/27/2011, 10:46 pm

Is my GT500 a Vtec? Help Jarrod!?
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 6/27/2011, 10:48 pm

BMMC1 wrote:Is my GT500 a Vtec? Help Jarrod!?

With you driving it.... YES :KITT:
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 6/27/2011, 10:48 pm

Ok someone fill me in here. Chris are you saying that you don't believe in tunes at all?
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content