Bold Moves Mustang Club of Tulsa
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» For Sale: 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty8/18/2015, 3:30 pm by coolhandluke

» Upholsetry work - black door panel
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty6/16/2015, 10:20 pm by mystang2007

» 347CI Dart Iron Eagle complete engine for sale, drop in and go fast!
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty6/25/2014, 6:07 pm by ruger311

» 7 Quarts AMSOIL Synthetic, AMSOIL Filter, Stock Brake Pads, Misc items
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty4/11/2014, 1:51 pm by Corepuncher

» shelbyfest?
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty4/9/2014, 2:37 am by Vandy9303

» tko 600 Swap 1965 mustang
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty4/2/2014, 12:18 pm by tulsadrags

» WTB five or six speed transmission
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty3/21/2014, 10:06 am by tulsadrags

» 03 cobra chrome wheels and new tires asking 600.00
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty3/17/2014, 9:14 am by tulsadrags

» spring cruise
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty12/21/2013, 10:06 pm by Captain Chaos

» BMMC GT/CS Registry
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty11/26/2013, 11:00 pm by gcmustanglx

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday!

+7
STLHRSE
Oldokie
BASixxer
03.sonicblue
07Shelby500
Supersnake
Shelby10'
11 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty Re: My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday!

Post by Corepuncher 8/19/2011, 4:49 am

Ugh, of course my Roush tank is on backorder grrrr. I guess I'll wait to install it altogether.
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Number of posts : 349
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500 + SVTPP
First Name : Ryan
Registration date : 2011-07-16

Back to top Go down

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Empty Re: My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday!

Post by Shelby10' 8/23/2011, 9:53 pm

Any news on your Roush tank?
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 3610
Car Type : 2010 Shelby GT500
First Name : Jarrod
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 8/23/2011, 9:55 pm

Yeah they said it will arrive at THEIR place on Friday, then be mailed.

This is the second (and last) time I use Racemart. My other item (sunshade) also took a godawful time. Oh well.

Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 8/24/2011, 6:21 am

Yea I hate it when companies have to ship stuff from the manufacturer to them, and then ship to me. I love it when a company can offer direct shipment on parts not in stock. What's bad though is when they try to make you pay for the shipping to them as well as the shipping to you.

When you get it, all will be worth the wait.
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Number of posts : 2813
Car Type : 01 Mustang
First Name : Lee
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.pushmodperformance.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 8/24/2011, 8:12 pm

Its more expensive direct from Roush, but might have got it quicker

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1529
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 8/25/2011, 4:28 am

Shelby10' wrote:Its more expensive direct from Roush, but might have got it quicker

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1529

Yup, I called Roush a few days ago and they have it in stock NOW. But, I would have paid about 18 or so more. I've waited this long....

Also maybe I can get my front bumper straightened out better after my latest incident. I'll just do it all at once. The front right side of my bumper is down a bit...I can push up and lift it to where it needs to be. I"ll have to see if any of the fasteners broke or are bent. I sure hope I"ll be able to get it to sit right again. Running over the retread really yanked it downward hard!
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/6/2011, 1:00 pm

I think I'm gonna try to do my Heat Exchanger install today, and Roush tank and thermostat (I'll have to look up where that even is lol).

Any hints/tips? No special tools needed I presume? Hopefully the instructions are clean enough.
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 9/6/2011, 1:17 pm

Do you have someone that can help? Might be a good idea, especially for positioning the pieces etc.
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/6/2011, 1:21 pm

It's pretty straight forward. Jarrod had some pics and a write up from SVTP I think that was helpful. Clocking the pumpand wiring the fans was the tricky part. Everything else wasnt too bad.
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/6/2011, 4:14 pm

Thanks. I did find a step by step with pictures for the H.E. But I"m having trouble finding instructions for the new thermostat I got. Seems to me it should be really easy, but I do not even know where it is located. I assume it's just near a hose and you might need to drain the fluid, then just switch them out? Then my Roush tank, I assume that is quite easy...but maybe I should do them all at the same time. I'm gonna see if a friend can help me who is more experienced with this. I came close to tearing into it in my garage on this beautiful day, but since I have to work in the morning I thought twice about it :-)
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/7/2011, 6:30 pm

Upper radiator hose and lg aluminum colored housing on the passenger side near the blower
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 9/7/2011, 10:50 pm

Norman, it should be very similar to this install. I know yours is an '11 but dont think its any different. You dont need to drain the coolant, just put a pan under the engine compartment to catch what little comes out during install. You reuse the stock gasket as well.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3166

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 32105010
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 32113510
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 07Shelby500 9/7/2011, 11:37 pm

That's it. Lol
07Shelby500
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 9/8/2011, 6:23 am

Shelby10' wrote:Norman, it should be very similar to this install. I know yours is an '11 but dont think its any different. You dont need to drain the coolant, just put a pan under the engine compartment to catch what little comes out during install. You reuse the stock gasket as well.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3166

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 32105010
My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 32113510

Good Info Broken Arrow!
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 9/8/2011, 9:05 am

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 852292
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 2258
Car Type : Jeep. That's right, I said Jeep. Deal with it.
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/8/2011, 12:52 pm

Wow, thanks that is quite easy. Just needed the schematic of where it was located.

Hey Metric7, is that really a picture of you or Bruce Willis with more hair?
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 9/8/2011, 1:10 pm

haha
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by BMMC1 9/8/2011, 4:16 pm

Ha!

Metric looks more like Rosie O'Donnell... .
BMMC1
BMMC1
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 13771
Car Type : 2011 Shelby GT500
First Name : Paul The DILF
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 9/8/2011, 5:26 pm

Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 9/8/2011, 5:37 pm

Are you going to be Tulsa?
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Metric7 9/8/2011, 8:44 pm

BMMC1 wrote:Metric looks more like Rosie O'Donnell... .

This is me before I went to the stylist for my avatar pic:

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Rosie10
Metric7
Metric7
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/9/2011, 3:48 pm

Ha! Don't tell anyone!

[quote="Metric7"]Norman - was this your hot tub misadventure??

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/07/police-arkansas-meteorologist-found-asleep-in-tub-next-to-dead-man/[/quote
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 9/9/2011, 9:16 pm

Yup looks like I put Norman instead of Ryan. Lee (aka broken arrow #2) how creative of you for turning it around and calling me broken arrow (I see what you did there). You might have a career in comedy. Id sell the mustang and pursue that.....

deal
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/10/2011, 3:35 pm

My Revan Racing/Shelby Dual Pass/Dual Fan Heat Exchanger arrives Tuesday! - Page 3 Norman-002
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 9/12/2011, 4:54 pm

Shelby10' wrote:Yup looks like I put Norman instead of Ryan. Lee (aka broken arrow #2) how creative of you for turning it around and calling me broken arrow (I see what you did there). You might have a career in comedy. Id sell the mustang and pursue that.....

deal

too funny...
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 9/12/2011, 6:14 pm

amentowasso wrote:
Shelby10' wrote:Yup looks like I put Norman instead of Ryan. Lee (aka broken arrow #2) how creative of you for turning it around and calling me broken arrow (I see what you did there). You might have a career in comedy. Id sell the mustang and pursue that.....

deal

too funny...

I have been accused of being just that lol!

But apparently you are not Broken arrow #2 as Chris has said hes been there all his life and you are an owasso native.
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/14/2011, 11:21 am

My friend and I got the Heat Exchanger installed, as well as the Roush tank. Decided maybe to wait until next summer to install the thermostat...any thoughts on this?

It was kinda a bitch at first...just trying to get the 4 big bolts fastened...for some reason the lock nuts it came with just would not fit...I swear they were the wrong size. We found some alternatives. Fired the car up, and the fan and fluid were both going right from the get go. I was a bit surprised, I thought the flow would not happen until the car was warmer, but apparently it must have still been warm from earler.

Today, fired it up...fans turned on right away, but no fluid flowing. At least I THINK the fans were on, tough to tell sounds sometimes. After runnning it a while, the fluid started flowing as well.

I was really surprised at the low temperature of the intercoolant...I guess I never did test it beforehand, so I can't compare, but with the car idling for a while, it felt like room temperature.
Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby10' 9/14/2011, 2:07 pm

Could still have air in the system, it should start flowing immediately after start up. Temperature of the coolant is spot on, it stays pretty cool for the heat it endures! Its doing its job :)

You can wait on the Termostat, we are getting closer to cooler temps so it wont be "As needed"

Fans should be LOUD, they also should turn on immediately after the car is started. You can use a kleenex or piece of paoper to put in front of the lower grill....if it sucks to you are good
Shelby10'
Shelby10'
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Corepuncher 9/14/2011, 3:51 pm

It's sucking good...I already have bugs stuck to my grille lol.

Just noticed the C&R logo shows through the grillle as well....kinda cool I guess.

Corepuncher
Corepuncher
BMMC Regular
BMMC Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by BASixxer 9/14/2011, 4:16 pm

Congrats on a smooth install!
BASixxer
BASixxer
BMMC Elite Post Pig
BMMC Elite Post Pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next