Log in

I forgot my password

Poll
August 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Sponsors

Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 03.sonicblue on 7/16/2009, 5:54 pm

Challenge Event

Join us at Tulsa Raceway Park:

Mods v. Rods at Tulsa Raceway Park.

Challenge members will get points for racing and spectating.


Last edited by 03.sonicblue on 7/27/2009, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
03 Sonic Blue Cobra "Terminator". #2291 of 8394. Pulley, CAI, Magnaflows, x-cal. Yes it's fast and no you can't drive it


Best E.T. 12.15 @ 113


avatar
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/16/2009, 7:14 pm

I'm in. May head up to the lake afterward for sone swimming and fishing!

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 03.sonicblue on 7/16/2009, 8:36 pm

That's sounds like a good idea. Maybe Paul could organize another one of his infamous weiner roast and sausage fest.

_________________
03 Sonic Blue Cobra "Terminator". #2291 of 8394. Pulley, CAI, Magnaflows, x-cal. Yes it's fast and no you can't drive it


Best E.T. 12.15 @ 113


avatar
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by carcrazy53 on 7/16/2009, 9:15 pm

No car show is worth 25 bucks.
avatar
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Age : 64
Location : sapulpa
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/16/2009, 9:34 pm

No car show is worth paying any money for, but we go anyway. It's more about getting together with friends and having fun. At the end of the day if you win somthing it's just the icing on the cake.

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 1 fast 8 on 7/16/2009, 11:36 pm

DBLDARE wrote:No car show is worth paying any money for, but we go anyway. It's more about getting together with friends and having fun. At the end of the day if you win somthing it's just the icing on the cake.
X2
avatar
1 fast 8
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!
2009 Mustang Challenge Champ!

Number of posts : 1708
Age : 52
Location : owasso
Car Type : 2008 gt
First Name : kelley
Registration date : 2008-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Dein on 7/17/2009, 12:19 am

I may go!

Dein
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1582
Age : 35
Location : Tulsa, OK
Car Type : 2003 Cobra
First Name : Dein
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 03.sonicblue on 7/17/2009, 1:45 am

Black08_427R wrote:I may go!

your starting to sound like Jarrod.

_________________
03 Sonic Blue Cobra "Terminator". #2291 of 8394. Pulley, CAI, Magnaflows, x-cal. Yes it's fast and no you can't drive it


Best E.T. 12.15 @ 113


avatar
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Dein on 7/21/2009, 9:58 pm

Well... paying $25 for a small car show..... outta town.... man....

Dein
Gold Member
Gold Member

Number of posts : 1582
Age : 35
Location : Tulsa, OK
Car Type : 2003 Cobra
First Name : Dein
Registration date : 2009-01-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/21/2009, 11:00 pm

Sept 19 is MODS VS RODS be there not a car show

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 03.sonicblue on 7/21/2009, 11:51 pm

Damn!! We may have to do that instead of the car show. Is that a for sure date??

_________________
03 Sonic Blue Cobra "Terminator". #2291 of 8394. Pulley, CAI, Magnaflows, x-cal. Yes it's fast and no you can't drive it


Best E.T. 12.15 @ 113


avatar
03.sonicblue
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 5734
Age : 36
Location : Broken Arrow
Car Type : 03 Mustang Cobra
First Name : Jerry
Registration date : 2008-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/22/2009, 9:00 am

Doh! Looks like mvr takes precidence over the car show.

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/22/2009, 9:23 am

KBCal wrote:Sept 19 is MODS VS RODS be there not a car show

screw mod vs rods, theyre all a bunch of dumbasses... they ran everybody heads up, "8 second mustang vs 14 second mustang... whos gonna win? lets watch..." its like they have no common sense. no offense to everyone who goes to it, its whoever puts it on, needs to change it to either bracket style, or at least match up cars with the same times. its not even fun to watch if its not a real race. knowing whos gonna win everytime isnt fun IMO. ill prolly be there, but i really hope they change it around this year. even though DBLDARE seemd to have white slips that whole night, it still wasnt a fair race. and if you win, you dont get any kind of prize or anything, and if its a MOD then all you get is a buch of ppl from deadhorse talking **** about ur car. anyways, i just woke up so im kinda cranky. Rant over.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by jst4fun on 7/22/2009, 5:08 pm

McKrAzY wrote:
KBCal wrote:Sept 19 is MODS VS RODS be there not a car show

screw mod vs rods, theyre all a bunch of dumbasses... they ran everybody heads up, "8 second mustang vs 14 second mustang... whos gonna win? lets watch..." its like they have no common sense. no offense to everyone who goes to it, its whoever puts it on, needs to change it to either bracket style, or at least match up cars with the same times. its not even fun to watch if its not a real race. knowing whos gonna win everytime isnt fun IMO. ill prolly be there, but i really hope they change it around this year. even though DBLDARE seemd to have white slips that whole night, it still wasnt a fair race. and if you win, you dont get any kind of prize or anything, and if its a MOD then all you get is a buch of ppl from deadhorse talking **** about ur car. anyways, i just woke up so im kinda cranky. Rant over.

STFU It was ran like the buick ford race and was setup by deadhorse... The format will be changed this year jst not sure how yet, noone wants to "step up" and help figure it out and plaque's were givin out and a trophy last year, but then again u were probabely chasing some mods ass trying to catch up to realize that! Poke So IF anyone has any idea's SPEAK UP i can tell ya now though it won't be a "bracket" race though... spank

jst4fun
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 45
Age : 40
Location : T Town
Car Type : Ole Black
First Name : Brad
Registration date : 2009-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/22/2009, 5:16 pm

I won my race wheres My freakin trophy or plaque?

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/22/2009, 5:18 pm

Bracket style would showcase who the best drivers are? Why not do the bracket? This way it really wouldn't matter hof fast or slow the cars were.

Not sure how else you could do it to even the field. If there arent enough 9-10 sec Mod cars its going to be a lopsided mess like last time.

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by jst4fun on 7/22/2009, 5:25 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Bracket style would showcase who the best drivers are? Why not do the bracket? This way it really wouldn't matter hof fast or slow the cars were.

Not sure how else you could do it to even the field. If there arent enough 9-10 sec Mod cars its going to be a lopsided mess like last time.

I hear what u are saying and think pairing the cars up better is a must! But when u say "bracket" i think of dial ins yadda yadda yadda and i don't think many people will go for it... Either way it is for u guys and if there is enough want for a "bracket" style race then i guess thats what will happen.. What about pairing the 13-13.50 cars up ect ect.?? Toss some idea's out and lets see what happens.. beerdrink

jst4fun
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 45
Age : 40
Location : T Town
Car Type : Ole Black
First Name : Brad
Registration date : 2009-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/22/2009, 5:46 pm

jst4fun wrote:
DBLDARE wrote:Bracket style would showcase who the best drivers are? Why not do the bracket? This way it really wouldn't matter hof fast or slow the cars were.

Not sure how else you could do it to even the field. If there arent enough 9-10 sec Mod cars its going to be a lopsided mess like last time.

I hear what u are saying and think pairing the cars up better is a must! But when u say "bracket" i think of dial ins yadda yadda yadda and i don't think many people will go for it... Either way it is for u guys and if there is enough want for a "bracket" style race then i guess thats what will happen.. What about pairing the 13-13.50 cars up ect ect.?? Toss some idea's out and lets see what happens.. beerdrink

I think your on the right track here......Im up for pairing the cars that are closest to ET as possible. I understand there will be a shit ton of fast Rods there...and thats a givin. I also understand its not those that put this ons fault that no fast MODS showed up. Thats up to us to spend the money and make our turds faster hehe

I just dont want it to end up like last time......I was paired up with a 9 or 10 sec ROD...luckily they broke and I took the win.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/22/2009, 7:20 pm

as long as its not 12.50 to 13.50 like the shelby show, then it shouldnt be to bad. because thats about the biggest, most popular time range...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/22/2009, 8:51 pm

Since it's put on by Okdhm I doubt it will change any over last year simply because the large majority of people on Okdhm are rod drivers. It would be more fun if after time trials a "bump" time was established. All cars faster than the bump would be paired against each other allowing the other cars to be paired up with competitors more closely matched. As it was last year I was the number 5 or 6 qualifier on the mod side and was paired against a mid 11 second car. The number 2-4 qualifiers for the mod side were basicly closer to my time than my opponent on the rod side. I'd say that we had two mid to high 11 second cars on the mod side and about 4 cars that ran in the 12 second range the rest were 13 second and up cars. On the rod side the first 8 qualifiers were faster than 12 seconds.

What could help is to pair cars that were NA and cars that had power adders. This might even the races a little. Then perhaps make it more like true street rules where your car had to meet the criteria of a streetable car and not a trailor queen full blown race car. Not saying you couldn't trailor your car there but just that once there it had to be able to be driven on the street and pass all applicable laws to do so? This would keep the fast cars that are made up understandably by rod cars from sqewing the field as much. ???

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/23/2009, 11:24 am

allhail

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by carcrazy53 on 7/23/2009, 6:56 pm

There are 3 other shows that day,15 bucks.I make 25-30 shows and 20 bucks is my max.I'll go if you money bags will throw in the difference.Mods vs rods sounds good. applause
avatar
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Age : 64
Location : sapulpa
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by carcrazy53 on 7/23/2009, 7:30 pm

I like that bump idea,david.You are talking about kelly aren't you.
avatar
carcrazy53
BMMC Veteran Member
BMMC Veteran Member

Number of posts : 1655
Age : 64
Location : sapulpa
Car Type : 07 mustang gt,07 corvette convertable
First Name : Tony
Registration date : 2008-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/23/2009, 7:39 pm

We may have to put this one to a vote?

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/23/2009, 11:43 pm

No vote be there or be squared. The only way Mods VS Rods is going to get bigger is if we keep showing up and get others. I have tuned some BA mods and they will be there so that will help out. So be there loser

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/23/2009, 11:58 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Since it's put on by Okdhm I doubt it will change any over last year simply because the large majority of people on Okdhm are rod drivers. It would be more fun if after time trials a "bump" time was established. All cars faster than the bump would be paired against each other allowing the other cars to be paired up with competitors more closely matched. As it was last year I was the number 5 or 6 qualifier on the mod side and was paired against a mid 11 second car. The number 2-4 qualifiers for the mod side were basicly closer to my time than my opponent on the rod side. I'd say that we had two mid to high 11 second cars on the mod side and about 4 cars that ran in the 12 second range the rest were 13 second and up cars. On the rod side the first 8 qualifiers were faster than 12 seconds.

What could help is to pair cars that were NA and cars that had power adders. This might even the races a little. Then perhaps make it more like true street rules where your car had to meet the criteria of a streetable car and not a trailor queen full blown race car. Not saying you couldn't trailor your car there but just that once there it had to be able to be driven on the street and pass all applicable laws to do so? This would keep the fast cars that are made up understandably by rod cars from sqewing the field as much. ???

I hear what your saying I was number 1 qualifer and ran a car that went 9.15 to my 11 something. But remember its just4fun and in the end no matter what any body says. Holy hell those Mod motors run. Those guys on deadhorse just like dishing out shit they know better but wont say it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by 07Shelby500 on 7/24/2009, 8:15 am

I just believe it would draw a better crowd if the cars were matched up better. No one wants to watch a car get beat by 2 seconds. It's better watching closer races. As for racing you know I'll be there.

_________________
'07 Shelby GT500

avatar
07Shelby500
BMMC Board Member
BMMC Board Member

Number of posts : 9044
Age : 42
Location : Owasso Oklahoma
Car Type : The thing which must not be spoken of
First Name : David
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Guest on 7/24/2009, 9:00 am

DBLDARE wrote:I just believe it would draw a better crowd if the cars were matched up better. No one wants to watch a car get beat by 2 seconds. It's better watching closer races. As for racing you know I'll be there.

yay! does this mean new parts list??? uh oh... stirpot

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by jst4fun on 7/24/2009, 1:01 pm

DBLDARE wrote:Since it's put on by Okdhm I doubt it will change any over last year simply because the large majority of people on Okdhm are rod drivers. It would be more fun if after time trials a "bump" time was established. All cars faster than the bump would be paired against each other allowing the other cars to be paired up with competitors more closely matched. As it was last year I was the number 5 or 6 qualifier on the mod side and was paired against a mid 11 second car. The number 2-4 qualifiers for the mod side were basicly closer to my time than my opponent on the rod side. I'd say that we had two mid to high 11 second cars on the mod side and about 4 cars that ran in the 12 second range the rest were 13 second and up cars. On the rod side the first 8 qualifiers were faster than 12 seconds.

What could help is to pair cars that were NA and cars that had power adders. This might even the races a little. Then perhaps make it more like true street rules where your car had to meet the criteria of a streetable car and not a trailor queen full blown race car. Not saying you couldn't trailor your car there but just that once there it had to be able to be driven on the street and pass all applicable laws to do so? This would keep the fast cars that are made up understandably by rod cars from sqewing the field as much. ???

We'll look into something to even it out alittle more... As far the "true street cars" more of those rods were actually street cars then u think... Either way we'll EVERYONE involved will get together and make this a fun race... Afetr all i'll be there looking for some good #'s in a mod thumbsup

jst4fun
BMMC Enthusiast
BMMC Enthusiast

Number of posts : 45
Age : 40
Location : T Town
Car Type : Ole Black
First Name : Brad
Registration date : 2009-04-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Tims2002gt on 7/27/2009, 1:07 pm

Not saying it will change the end results, but something to think about is 2 of the 3 9 second cars won't be there this year. Reason being, they were both totalled last year at a MAKO race. That alone should help the lopsided pairings. Maybe not at the top of the list, but the middle and bottom will pair up better. I'm not worried about winning my race, I'm just going to have some fun anyway!
avatar
Tims2002gt
BMMC Junkie

Number of posts : 517
Age : 40
Location : Tulsa
Car Type : 2002 Mustang GT
First Name : Tim
Registration date : 2009-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Updated! September 19, 2009. Mods v Rods TRP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum